Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Just FF quickly and a few things are confirmed - no auto dimming mirror, no seat pockets at the back of the seats, no ski hatch. It’ll be a spartan interior. At least the seats can be split 60/40.

The only one of those I would miss is the mirror. But it does say in the product guide "Dimming interior rear view mirror" Is this done by a button?

I didn't think a non auto version of this was still a thing, last car I had without this was from the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Mr Q wrote: »
    The only one of those I would miss is the mirror. But it does say in the product guide "Dimming interior rear view mirror" Is this done by a button?

I didn't think a non auto version of this was still a thing, last car I had without this was from the 90's
    Yeah, the last car I drove without the auto dimming mirror was a 99 focus. All other cars had it. Def a bummer.
    See screenshot from the video attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

At least the seats can be split 60/40.

This was actually one of the things that caused me to hold off on the 1st and cancel my prebooking - was told by the dealer that it was a single "bench" in the back in the 1st model as it was only in the first plus that you get :

[COLOR=rgb(20.000000%, 20.000000%, 20.000000%)]Split folding back rest with rear centre [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(20.000000%, 20.000000%, 20.000000%)]armrest and load through hatch [/COLOR]

As we have a childseat it was going to be an issue if we ever needed to drop the seats.

Seems like you get the 60/40 in the 1st and then the full armrest and load through hatch in the plus. Was not the only reason I didnt go ahead but goes to show the little details that can be missed buying without being able to see the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Mr Q wrote: »

Well if it’s in the product guide and not on the car when delivered to you that’s a problem for VW and the dealer. They’ll have to compensate in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

An auto dimming mirror isn't an expensive aftermarket purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Is anyone thinking about wrapping some of the cheapy interior?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

McHonda wrote: »
    Is anyone thinking about wrapping some of the cheapy interior?

Possibly some of the piano black around window switches but will wait to see how bad it is.
    Also thinking of getting a wrap on the external strip above the windows to merge in with the C pillar transfer. (Mirror colour). Should be easy to do as it looks to be a single piece. Visually would then look the same as a Plus or Max.

I also hope a few aftermarket bits are available soon.

Would like a sliding storage cover between front seats, don't like all my bits being open to view..

Another one from the same tester.
    0=100 about 7.5 seconds?

He has a few more videos just released on his channel. Wouldn't imagine range is great at the speed he was driving:) but not a problem here.

• Advertisement

https://www.auto55.be/tests/141488-volkswagen-id3-1st/inleiding

Some better quality pics of the entry ID.3 1st.

As you can probably tell I'm bored today:D

drunkmonkeys colour..

https://www.autohoogenboom.nl/actueel/volkswagen-id-3-rotterdam-wij-namen-hem-mee

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Apart from the USBc plugs are there any other any other slots for normal usb plugs? How many people have usbc cables for their phones? I also have music on flash drives which need a standard usb slot. Will we have to buy adapters?
    Also is there a 12 volt socket in the cabin I know there is one in the boot?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Johnfred wrote: »
    Apart from the USBc plugs are there any other any other slots for normal usb plugs? How many people have usbc cables for their phones? I also have music on flash drives which need a standard usb slot. Will we have to buy adapters?

You can buy USB C to Micro USB cables, for the drives. yeah you'll need a USB C to USB A adapter, they are pretty cheap though, less than €10

I believe there are just 2 usb c in the base version. No 12v socket in the front which is problem as I have a dash cam. Someone on fb suggested to get an obd to usb lead for the dashcam, usb c lead or hardwire into the fuse box. I haven’t decided what to do.

Only 2 of my past phones came with USB c to USB c, it's an odd choice to have them all like that. You can just get an adapter to get around it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XYTHCXV/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_zfvqFbX2P3TT9

I believe there are just 2 usb c in the base version. No 12v socket in the front which is problem as I have a dash cam. Someone on fb suggested to get an obd to usb lead for the dashcam, usb c lead or hardwire into the fuse box. I haven’t decided what to do.

Parts department are going to be busy, assume these are all simple upgrades. There probably wired already just VW penny pinching which they shouldn't have done on the first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I hardwired the dashcam in my Model S with an ODB to Micro USB cable, only a fiver from AliExpress and a doddle to fit.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I wouldn’t recommend hardwiring anything anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

L-M wrote: »
    I wouldn’t recommend hardwiring anything anywhere.

those hardwire tend to be just a dual fuse adapter, should be safe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Have people started paying already. I was told that they would need a 10% deposit instead of zero deposit I had agreed with salesman, before I sent my bank info. As this increases the overall cost of credit ( due to 3 free months), I replied that I'd expect an increased trade in to offset the difference.

They have not come back, no payment schedule or anything. Seeing as September is just over a week away now, I'm not impressed and don't feel inclined to pay the 23% vat.

I guess they might be waiting for me to blink or pressure me at last minute, but they are just risking the sale. Have any others got traction on the vat front? (private purchase, not company car related)

Have people started paying already. I was told that they would need a 10% deposit instead of zero deposit I had agreed with salesman, before I sent my bank info. As this increases the overall cost of credit ( due to 3 free months), I replied that I'd expect an increased trade in to offset the difference.

They have not come back, no payment schedule or anything. Seeing as September is just over a week away now, I'm not impressed and don't feel inclined to pay the 23% vat.

I guess they might be waiting for me to blink or pressure me at last minute, but they are just risking the sale. Have any others got traction on the vat front? (private purchase, not company car related)

Why would we pay anything now? The cars just have been built and not in the country yet.

Why would we pay anything now? The cars just have been built and not in the country yet.

I was told that VW would have to have the agreement finalised before end of August to avail of the first movers discount. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I was told that VW would have to have the agreement finalised before end of August to avail of the first movers discount. Am I missing something?

Your dealer is messing you about. I’m not being asked for any money. Quite the opposite actually, told I can test drive it before committing.

KCross wrote: »
    Your dealer is messing you about. I’m not being asked for any money. Quite the opposite actually, told I can test drive it before committing.

I prob. just didn't listen properly and salesmen talk an aughful lot of guff without the correct facts.

Are you talking about the idplan finance? As this can be got with 0% deposit. If you’ve already agreed this finance why are they now asking for 10%?

Are you talking about the idplan finance? As this can be got with 0% deposit. If you’ve already agreed this finance why are they now asking for 10%?

I guess they think I'm a risky mofo.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

For those lucky among you about to take delivery next month what are your thoughts on the following:
    • Are you going to fit an alarm to supplement the immobiliser?
    • Are you considering Mud Flaps to reduce rearward spray in wet weather?
    • Dealing with a puncture, are you thinking about anything else to deal with this beyond the supplied AirStop tyres (for Plus+)?
    • Will you be visiting an automatic car wash in the first 3 years or hand washing?
    • Any idea how the owners manual will be supplied?
    • What combination of cash,trade in, PCP or lease did you use (no need for €, just curious what path people are taking generally)?
    • What are you currently driving?
    • What are you plans after 3 years, keep or trade in for new?
    • Do you have any after market accessories or small modifications in mind?
    Thanks!

mike_2009 wrote: »
    For those lucky among you about to take delivery next month what are your thoughts on the following:
    • Are you going to fit an alarm to supplement the immobiliser?
    • Are you considering Mud Flaps to reduce rearward spray in wet weather?
    • Dealing with a puncture, are you thinking about anything else to deal with this beyond the supplied AirStop tyres (for Plus+)?
    • Will you be visiting an automatic car wash in the first 3 years or hand washing?
    • Any idea how the owners manual will be supplied?
    • What combination of cash,trade in, PCP or lease did you use (no need for €, just curious what path people are taking generally)?
    • What are you currently driving?
    • What are you plans after 3 years, keep or trade in for new?
    Thanks!

* no plans for alarm
    * not going to fit mud flaps(can’t remember the last car I had that had them)
    * haven’t thought about punctures(I’ve been lucky enough to only have had one in the last 5yrs and I had to call the breakdown truck(comes with ins) as I couldn’t get the locking nut off)
    * never used auto wash before so I’ll be getting it hand washed
    * if the owners manual was online that’s be fine
    * no trade, going to lease. Works out best for me.
    * drive a 16 diesel golf
    * I’ll make my mind up in 3yrs what’s the best thing to do
    *possibly add rear view camera

• Advertisement

mike_2009 wrote: »
    • Are you going to fit an alarm to supplement the immobiliser? No
    • Are you considering Mud Flaps to reduce rearward spray in wet weather?No
    • Dealing with a puncture, are you thinking about anything else to deal with this beyond the supplied AirStop tyres (for Plus+)?No, ordered the base model
    • Will you be visiting an automatic car wash in the first 3 years or hand washing?auto wash if lazy, hand wash otherwise
    • Any idea how the owners manual will be supplied? probably electronic
    • What combination of cash,trade in, PCP or lease did you use (no need for €, just curious what path people are taking generally)?trade in, pcp
    • What are you currently driving?18 1.0tsi dsg golf estate. Will stay in the family
    • What are you plans after 3 years, keep or trade in for new?currently planning to keep it. But who knows, 3 years is a long time. Maybe will trade in for ID4
      need an adapter for the dashcam. Will also need to pull the wires for the back camera... Maybe switch to auto dimming mirror but it’ll probably be a big enough job so probably won’t bother. Might tint the back windows.
    Thanks!
    See above

Advertisement