Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

mike_2009 wrote: »
    For those lucky among you about to take delivery next month what are your thoughts on the following:
    • Are you going to fit an alarm to supplement the immobiliser?
    • Are you considering Mud Flaps to reduce rearward spray in wet weather?
    • Dealing with a puncture, are you thinking about anything else to deal with this beyond the supplied AirStop tyres (for Plus+)?
    • Will you be visiting an automatic car wash in the first 3 years or hand washing?
    • Any idea how the owners manual will be supplied?
    • What combination of cash,trade in, PCP or lease did you use (no need for €, just curious what path people are taking generally)?
    • What are you currently driving?
    • What are you plans after 3 years, keep or trade in for new?
    • Do you have any after market accessories or small modifications in mind?
    Thanks!

* No Alarm, not city dweller.
    * Not considering Mudflaps, more drag and don't seem to make much difference.
    * Haven't thought about punctures. Last 2 cars had no spare and lucky so far.
    * I don't use automatic car washes. Enjoy washing and detailing.
    * Apparently owners manual can be downloaded when you have VIN.
    * Cash buyer. (Trade In).
    * Honda Civic S GT Spec.
    * No plans as yet, but may be a keeper.
    * Perhaps rear tint, wrap on roof line strip so look same as Plus and Max. Cover for storage area between front seats. Furry seat covers (Only joking):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Going with ID PLAN,trade-in is 161D Passat, no alarm, wouldn't be worried about tyres or mud flaps, just want to get my dash-cam fitted. Hand washing is fine with me. Probably change to newer version in 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

For those lucky among you about to take delivery next month what are your thoughts on the following:
      No
      No
    • Dealing with a puncture, are you thinking about anything else to deal with this beyond the supplied AirStop tyres (for Plus+)?
      Can of puncture repair foam as usual.
    • Will you be visiting an automatic car wash in the first 3 years or hand washing?
      I'll be visiting one in the first 3 weeks.
      It's already online in PDF format, remember reading it a couple of weeks ago.
    • What combination of cash,trade in, PCP or lease did you use (no need for €, just curious what path people are taking generally)?
      Cash
      Golf
      I may not keep it 3yrs, it falls into a bik bracket i'll probably change back to ice. That could also happen if range is an issue but I'm not expecting it to.
      Not at the moment.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Are you going to fit an alarm to supplement the immobiliser?
    Nope!
    Are you considering Mud Flaps to reduce rearward spray in wet weather?
    Nope! Don’t see the need.

Dealing with a puncture, are you thinking about anything else to deal with this beyond the supplied AirStop tyres (for Plus+)?
    Nope... lucky enough that I’ve rarely get punctures.

Will you be visiting an automatic car wash in the first 3 years or hand washing?
    Hand wash.

Any idea how the owners manual will be supplied?
    Electronic I guess.

What combination of cash,trade in, PCP or lease did you use (no need for €, just curious what path people are taking generally)?
    PCP with trade in

What are you currently driving?
    2017 Audi A3

What are you plans after 3 years, keep or trade in for new?
    Trade in / see what’s on the market then.

Do you have any after market accessories or small modifications in mind?
    Rubber mats - essential
    Boot liner.
    False floor in boot. I think the max only has this. I went with the plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

I have seen add on fb that id3 pcp rate will be 3.9%. Does it apply to id3 1st also? If that is the case with vat reduction and lower rate maybe I could change to plus model....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Thanks!

I’d also like to keep my Dashcam but will wait and see how others get on with wiring. It would be nice if the lane assist and rear view cameras would just record

I'm paying cash rather than finance so went for the €1,000 charger contribution. It should be worth more than the service plan option.

I placed my order the Volkswagen connect charger over the weekend. The confirmation mail says their local installers are Bord Gais. Has anyone done the same and heard anything back about an installation date?

Tell me, does the ID.3 have a steel or aluminium roof ? I need a roof I can stick a magnetic antenna mount on.

Tell me, does the ID.3 have a steel or aluminium roof ? I need a roof I can stick a magnetic antenna mount on.

All steel afaik

Unless a version with the glass roof...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

https://youtu.be/qQR9e5BqvWo

Video explains the HVAC system

• Advertisement

Just had an update call from my dealer:

Hopeful for the 9th Sept..

eagerv wrote: »
    Just had an update call from my dealer:

Hopeful for the 9th Sept..

which model did you order? any update on pcp rate %?

kris_2021 wrote: »
    which model did you order? any update on pcp rate %?

I ordered the base 1st in white.
    Didn't ask about pcp as not using this time.
    He did mention that there would be a 2% VAT discount.

eagerv wrote: »
    I ordered the base 1st in white.
    Didn't ask about pcp as not using this time.
    He did mention that there would be a 2% VAT discount.

Yeah I ordered base 1st also. 9th of September would be nice!

Yeah I ordered base 1st also. 9th of September would be nice!

Yes only just over 2 weeks away and before the equinox..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Are you going to fit an alarm to supplement the immobiliser? No.
    Are you considering Mud Flaps to reduce rearward spray in wet weather? No
    Dealing with a puncture, are you thinking about anything else to deal with this beyond the supplied AirStop tyres (for Plus+)?
    Probably add a can of inflator gloop, does it does ruin the tyre though?.

Will you be visiting an automatic car wash in the first 3 years or hand washing?
    hand wash every couple of months, there a local place we using when passing.

Any idea how the owners manual will be supplied? Electronic I suppose, must be a quick guide in the glovebox though.
    What combination of cash,trade in, PCP or lease did you use (no need for €, just curious what path people are taking generally)? PCP, trade in and cash to get monthly cost comparable with ICE.
    What are you currently driving? L24, trading in 2017 superb.
    What are you plans after 3 years, keep or trade in for new? Could keep for 7 years if it meets expectation.
    Do you have any after market accessories or small modifications in mind? Reversing camera maybe if easy retrofit.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

I have seen add on fb that id3 pcp rate will be 3.9%. Does it apply to id3 1st also? If that is the case with vat reduction and lower rate maybe I could change to plus model....

Hi Kris,

I've only recently asked about ID3 and 1st - I've now ordered a base and got the 3.9% PCP and 2% reduction. I think a small few have become available recently. PCP rate only got updated on Friday so may take a few days for them to confirm that and give you updated financing amounts etc. I'd get onto your dealer to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Does anyone have an updated price list for the 1st, Plus & Max?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When are the 1st ID.3's going to be on Irish roads?

I take it there'll be a good few out early on as VW will be distributing from multiple dealers/locations, unlike Tesla who drip feed them from their 1 location in Ireland..

Roughly how many on here will be getting them the first week or 2 they are available?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

When are the 1st ID.3's going to be on Irish roads?

Did you see the post just a couple back, someone has been told 9th of September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I found this ad about the test drive on 9th of September on fb.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

liamog wrote: »
    Did you see the post just a couple back, someone has been told 9th of September.

Yeah, I did see, but that could be someone getting there's a week after they start getting delivered...

so 9th September. that's when the 1st ID.3's will hit Irish roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yeah, I did see, but that could be someone getting there's a week after they start getting delivered...

so 9th September. that's when the 1st ID.3's will hit Irish roads?

About that date yea.

They are arriving on a boat sometime next week and then available at dealers the week after.

stesaurus wrote: »
    Does anyone have an updated price list for the 1st, Plus & Max?

It's in the product guide on the Volkswagen site:

€33,715
    €40,570
    €47,410

Those are effective from September 1st with the reduced VAT rate

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Dashcam info:
    I've checked my dashcam (Nextbase 522GW) and I think all I'll need is a USB-C to USB-B Mini x3 meter cable most likely. Nextbase recommend hard wiring of course and after that to find a USB-C to 12V power adapter (!!) as their supplied cable is a 12V plug one end and the USB-B Mini at the other.
    The question in my head was could I power it direct with the right cable in the ID.3? I took a battery power bank and plugged in a USB-A into the 2amp outlet and the other USB-B Mini end into the Dashcam and it came to life. Gave it a minute and it looked fine, both front and rear cameras. As long as the USB-C outlet in the ID.3 can cope with 5v 1.5amp which is what my dashcam needs I should be ok. I lose the 12v fuse in the nextbase cable but that's just to protect against the 12v surge, I'm sure VW have similar protection within their USB-C circuit somewhere. The 5v / 1.5 amp should be fine as the USB-C specification is 5v / 3amps.
    You can get suitable cables online or find adapters for existing cables you may have lying around to fit the bill.
    Search for "USB 2.0 USB-C to USB-Mini B Cable M/M"
    Just in case somewhere out there is scratching their head like me!!
    Assumption: That the 3m cable is sufficient given the depth of windscreen compared to my existing car....!!
    Now just need replacement sticky pads!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The missus is trying to book a test drive of the ID.3, she's been told all the 1st and 1st Max's are sold, only 1st Plus's left.
    Realistically if we get an ID.3 it will be a series model, if it wasn't for her liking the car at the pre-bookers event, I'd of been excitedly awaiting a Turquoise Max right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

It's in the product guide on the Volkswagen site:

€33,715
    €40,570
    €47,410

Those are effective from September 1st with the reduced VAT rate
    Thanks, genuinely couldn't find the info. The site is really poor for navigating.
    So 7k extra for a reversing cam, bigger alloys and some additional styling?
    Does the max have the bigger battery?

Thanks, genuinely couldn't find the info. The site is really poor for navigating.

No. All 3 1st models have the same battery and motor. It's only extra spec for Plus and Max.

It's the matrix headlights probably add a lot to the cost, they always seem to be an expensive option. I hope the stock sells quickly enough so we can see the series pricing!

• Advertisement

They are normally an expensive option alright.
    Also probably some residual VRT on Plus and quite a lot on the Max. (Too lazy to work it out at this time of night):)

Advertisement