Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's a good indicator to double check your work :D

I would expect the ID.3 Life, to be available for less than the ID.3 1st, given that it is in other markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Mr Q wrote: »
    Are you sure that has already been removed on the German price? I don't think it has

I thought it was included, but looking into the fine print you could be correct, I'll update the post

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

liamog wrote: »
    It's a good indicator to double check your work :D

I would expect the ID.3 Life, to be available for less than the ID.3 1st, given that it is in other markets.

Looks like I wasn't supposed to add the government part of the German incentive, just the VW part. Calculations are fixed now

VW are also taking €480 off the price for the sales tax savings, I haven't accounted for this since it seems like it should be accounted for when you remove the German VAT amount. In any case I don't think it'd make a huge difference

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The ID.3 1st is €38,986.72 in Germany and €32,915 here (ex delivery), how's that work out in your calculation.

The ID.3 1st is €38,986.72 in Germany and €32,915 here (ex delivery), how's that work out in your calculation.

FFS, I just realised they show the price on the website BEFORE incentives :mad:

Give us a second...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

FFS, I just realised they show the price on the website BEFORE incentives :mad:

Give us a second...
    Btw, min VRT is 14% not 12%.

Okay, I'm giving up, I tried figuring out the ID.3 1st and I came up with a price €2000 higher than what's listed on VW. :(

So the lesson here is don't bother looking at the price in Germany because the Irish price will be considerably different

A 3.9% pcp ad appeared on Facebook. My dealer said that we’re informed about the drop in the rate but had no specific details. I’m really looking forward to collecting the car as I kind of tired of multiple changes and zero information from the dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

My guess (And only a guess) is that the ID.3 life will be priced similarly to the 1st but there is a slight price advantage to the 1st when you take into account the 1st movers and free charging. And the fancy badges of course..:)

Where there may be more of an advantage to wait is for a higher spec model, where you may be able to get a spec more to your choice for less than the Plus or Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

A 3.9% pcp ad appeared on Facebook. My dealer said that we’re informed about the drop in the rate but had no specific details. I’m really looking forward to collecting the car as I kind of tired of multiple changes and zero information from the dealers.

Yeah I did screenshot that add also just in case ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ my dealer didn't know about it yesterday but said cars are about to be shipped for delivery mid September. SEAI grant was approved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

On the VW Ireland website it says "Price of €33,625 includes VRT Rebate and SEAI grant for private customers"

charlieIRL wrote: »
    On the VW Ireland website it says "Price of €33,625 includes VRT Rebate and SEAI grant for private customers"

You need to download the product guide to see the price, the price on the website is wrong. I think it's based on the 23% vat rate, but it's been lowered to 21%

Dealer has confirmed the 3.9% pcp rate but the calculations are not live on their system. I wonder what’s the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

A video showing some of the menus on the 1st.
    Looks clear and simple....

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Dealer has confirmed the 3.9% pcp rate but the calculations are not live on their system. I wonder what’s the catch?

I don't think there is any catch. They had lots of cancellations, Covid 19 and Nissan doing 0% for leaf now.

Depends on the total cost to pay back.

PCP can be tricky to get your head around but basically it's designed to get someone into a car as cheap as possible how does that work ?

It works like this, you think of your yearly mileage and pick the plan that suits your needs and add the deposit + monthly payments over the 3 years and this is the cost to drive the car for the 3 years.

You pay the calculated depreciation based on your mileage + the interest.

If you are like me and driving 40-45 K Kms a year then it's going to cost a lot more than if you drive 12 K Kms a year then PCP is ideal especially the lower your mileage.

But here's the catch after year 3 you have to decide whether you want to keep the car and pay the balloon or put that money towards another car. If you keep the car you have to re-finance and the interest on this car might be a lot higher.

So the idea of PCP, lowest deposit and lowest monthly repayments, get your mileage estimate right because if you have to hand the car back at year 3 they will charge you usually 8 cent per km over the agreed limit, if you choose to get another car then it doesn't really matter if you're 10 or 15 K Kms over but this might devalue your car more.

Don't expect equity in the car beyond the GFMV, if there is more you can put this towards the new car if it's less you get nothing but if the depreciation is very high then the finance company takes the hit, it can offer some protection against heavy deprecation.

Depends on the total cost to pay back.

PCP can be tricky to get your head around but basically it's designed to get someone into a car as cheap as possible how does that work ?

It works like this, you think of your yearly mileage and pick the plan that suits your needs and add the deposit + monthly payments over the 3 years and this is the cost to drive the car for the 3 years.

You pay the calculated depreciation based on your mileage + the interest.

If you are like me and driving 40-45 K Kms a year then it's going to cost a lot more than if you drive 12 K Kms a year then PCP is ideal especially the lower your mileage.

But here's the catch after year 3 you have to decide whether you want to keep the car and pay the balloon or put that money towards another car. If you keep the car you have to re-finance and the interest on this car might be a lot higher.

So the idea of PCP, lowest deposit and lowest monthly repayments, get your mileage estimate right because if you have to hand the car back at year 3 they will charge you usually 8 cent per km over the agreed limit, if you choose to get another car then it doesn't really matter if you're 10 or 15 K Kms over but this might devalue your car more.

Don't expect equity in the car beyond the GFMV, if there is more you can put this towards the new car if it's less you get nothing but if the depreciation is very high then the finance company takes the hit, it can offer some protection against heavy deprecation.

I’m fully aware how pcp works. Just sent the ballon payment for my golf as my wife is going to drive it once I get the ID3. I’m trading here 151 polo which was on pcp originally and was paid off after 3 years. Although 4.9% was outrageous interest rate (I have or shall say had 0.9% on golf) I just wonder what prompt to lower it?

I’m fully aware how pcp works. Just sent the ballon payment for my golf as my wife is going to drive it once I get the ID3. I’m trading here 151 polo which was on pcp originally and was paid off after 3 years. Although 4.9% was outrageous interest rate (I have or shall say had 0.9% on golf) I just wonder what prompt to lower it?

Most of my last post wasn't necessarily directed towards you but also towards someone who may not be aware of how PCP works.

" what prompted them to lower the interest" ? Because they can set their own rates and lower interest will make it more attractive to buy and they can claim lots of sales if people take the bait but we really need to look at some PCP deals before we can see what's going on.

Low interest but High repayments and low GFMV make PCP less appealing if someone has to pay a substantial part of the car back however it could mean a cheap interest loan if someone was more interested in buying the car back at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What are the options, only quote I got was for a lease, I assume with the lease you don't get any of the grants etc...

So is it just HP or PCP, is there even a HP option...

Got a pre handover email. Reduced vat update, info about home charger grant and a welcome box

ID. Welcome Box:
    During your handover of your ID.3 1st, your Volkswagen retailer will present you with your ID. Welcome Box. In addition to a lightning USB charging cable, Seed ball, Microfiber cloth and ID.3 design socks, the ID. Welcome Box will include your We Charge card which is required to create a Volkswagen We Charge account. Your retailer will assist here on the set up process. Please note the We Connect ID. app will be available shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Got a pre handover email. Reduced vat update, info about home charger grant and a welcome box

ID. Welcome Box:
    During your handover of your ID.3 1st, your Volkswagen retailer will present you with your ID. Welcome Box. In addition to a lightning USB charging cable, Seed ball, Microfiber cloth and ID.3 design socks, the ID. Welcome Box will include your We Charge card which is required to create a Volkswagen We Charge account. Your retailer will assist here on the set up process. Please note the We Connect ID. app will be available shortly.

Here is a visual of what the welcome box looks like.

https://youtu.be/khJ3nlJcfR8

Led charging cable is kinda cool. Anyone know if you need to plug in the phone to use Android auto like the golf?

Led charging cable is kinda cool. Anyone know if you need to plug in the phone to use Android auto like the golf?

According to the guide android auto is a wired one. It won’t work in the 1st cars until the update In the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

What’s a seed ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Is that led charging cable an apple lightning to usb c, then it eon't be much use for android auto?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

vat reduction, lower interest finance, 2MWh and now a free pair of socks.
    No we connect out of the box though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

What’s a seed ball?

It is a ball of seeds, f**k it out the window first grassy patch you pass on way out of garage ;)

I was hoping for an electric scooter, somebody mentioned a while back.

According to the guide android auto is a wired one. It won’t work in the 1st cars until the update In the new year.

I didn't think Android auto was the problem...

I didn't think Android auto was the problem...

Wired App Connect (Android Auto) and wireless App Connect (Apple CarPlay)*

Note: At market launch in September, the App Connect function will not yet have been activated. For applicable vehicles, a software update will be provided later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

"app will be available shortly." -> Folks, VW are winging it.

Advertisement