Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭st332

Wired App Connect (Android Auto) and wireless App Connect (Apple CarPlay)*

Note: At market launch in September, the App Connect function will not yet have been activated. For applicable vehicles, a software update will be provided later.

That's a real pain. I use Android Auto all the time in my GTI for Google Maps because the traffic detection is so good, plus it's much handier for Spotify than using bluetooth.
    For a car that's all about new technology, how hard can it be to integrate Android Auto? It smacks of a serious rush job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I understood Android Auto would be working from the start, it was just the wireless version of Car Play would not. But could well be wrong.

I am certainly no VW fanboy but I sort of trust VW on this software problem.
    They have too much to loose by not sorting it as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

eagerv wrote: »
    I understood Android Auto would be working from the start, it was just the wireless version of Car Play would not. But could well be wrong.

It was known for a while that app connect and the full functionality of HUD wont be ready at the launch. Hence the announcement of the 1st movers club for people who want to take the delivery in September with some software bits missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I was under the same impression too, that the wired version would be working at launch and the wireless would come via the update. Not a problem anyway. Excitement building... looking forward to it now.

Did anyone find any pics/vids yet of the RHD ID.3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

eagerv wrote:
    Did anyone find any pics/vids yet of the RHD ID.3?

Just watch any video in a mirror. Will be identical.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Apparently it's not fully mirrored. They put the light controls on the left of the driver so that they didn't have to move the gear toggle on the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

A shipload of cara arrived in Norway this morning

https://twitter.com/jstackmann/status/1299316828997595142?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Ionised wrote: »
    Just watch any video in a mirror. Will be identical.

I doubt that, the steering wheel and attachments will be moved across, not mirrored.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I believe some are in the country as of today. (As in being pulled off the boats today)

Exciting times, should be with us early next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Excellent stuff. Can’t wait to see one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I should stress only one of ours came on today’s boat, there’s another two boats coming next week so the rest should be one them I’d imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Software, Trust and VW. I'ld say we could have two of those but not all 3. Or is all that behind us now. As a customer returning to VW I did give it some thought, especially as we're buying a pig in a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I thought this might be of interest to some here, the first cars arriving yesterday into Dublin Port.

https://twitter.com/jstackmann/status/1299680577982001152?s=20

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I thought this might be of interest to some here, the first cars arriving yesterday into Dublin Port.

https://twitter.com/jstackmann/status/1299680577982001152?s=20
    Moonstone grey 1st looks good in the rain. Could be mine:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Moonstone grey 1st looks good in the rain. Could be mine:-D

No that is mine 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

I thought all 1st editions had black roofs yet the white one pictured hasn’t!

Johnfred wrote: »

It’s a white plastic film on the roof. Open the full size picture

Johnfred wrote: »

It has a protective cover on the roof,bonnet and rear door.
    Damn you Rusky;)

Can anyone read the make of tyres? Continental or Goodyear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Can anyone read the make of tyres? Continental or Goodyear?

Different brands depending on size. Bridgestone on the 20s I seen

I think I seen Goodyears on some of the 18s

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

I found an accessories list for the ID.3 on the uk VW website. I assume part numbers are going to be the same for the Irish market?
    Anyone know if they are up on the VW ordering system yet?
    I wouldn’t mind getting some rubber mats and a boot tray.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live/sites/vwuk/files/pdf/Brochures/volkswagen-accessories.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Its fitting they arrive on a typically grey/dull horrible Irish day. Good luck to all those taking ownership, exciting times!

Another driving video to watch while we wait..:)

Is anyone planning to get GAP insurance? The broker i used before is not offering anymore and I could not find any other companies in Ireland who do this type of insurance. VW quoted €495 for 3 years which is double what I paid 3 years ago though a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Thought about it but my car insurance will replace the car with a new one within the first 12 months. After that is the issue. Still, bit of an upsell and not something I'm intending to do but am interested to hear from others on this topic.

The figure I got from the dealer is €399 for the GAP insurance. They had also included another €798 which was for paint and fabric protection and dent insurance. I told him that I definitely won't be taking those. I'm still thinking about the gap one though. My car insurance (Aviva) does replacement in the first year,but for peace of mind I'll probably just go ahead with it.

rx8 wrote: »
    The figure I got from the dealer is €399 for the GAP insurance. They had also included another €798 which was for paint and fabric protection and dent insurance. I told him that I definitely won't be taking those. I'm still thinking about the gap one though. My car insurance (Aviva) does replacement in the first year,but for peace of mind I'll probably just go ahead with it.

I wonder can we get two different quotes for the same product?

€495 is way over the top for that.

• Advertisement

Just listening to battery lifes live stream and a 1st movers club form was mentioned. Has anyone seen this form in Ireland? Or we just trust vw Ireland to do everything correctly by themselves?

Advertisement