Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Just listing to battery lifes live stream and a 1st movers club form was mentioned. Has anyone seen this form in Ireland? Or we just trust vw Ireland to do everything correctly by themselves?

That’s a risky assumption!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Test drives from 9th of September so deliveries should be soon after? Need to call my dealer and book test drive....

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Test drives from 9th of September so deliveries should be soon after? Need to call my dealer and book test drive....

Deliveries from after the 9th?! Some of these cars arrived into Ireland late last week, what are they going to be doing with them for the next two weeks? Surely by the end of this week some costumers will be picking them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Deliveries from after the 9th?! Some of these cars arrived into Ireland late last week, what are they going to be doing with them for the next two weeks? Surely by the end of this week some costumers will be picking them up.

Maybe, there are more to come and they want them all delivered in one big splash in mid September,I don't know.

Are the cars that have arrived in Dublin, firsts and first pluses or just all firsts?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Maybe, there are more to come and they want them all delivered in one big splash in mid September,I don't know.

Are the cars that have arrived in Dublin, firsts and first pluses or just all firsts?

Or they will just blame some sort of lack of training or COVID:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Definitely a mix of both, judging by the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 boiledkitten

They have to be firsts or first plus in the initial delivery, sure the max hasn't entered production yet and is due for December delivery, that's why most who were looking at the max have cancelled. That and the lack of heat pump, beta software, budget audio and the other missing gubbins. Makes no sense to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭st332

Was on to Frank Keane in Deansgrange earlier. They are expecting first cars to hit their showrooms on Thursday, though not sure if they will be getting a demo car in the first tranche, it might just be customer cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Or they will just blame some sort of lack of training or COVID:)

Well I for one will believe it if they base it on lack of training. The customer should not be telling the dealer the details which seems common with the ID.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

2 week wait will be annoying :) I'd be scaling the wall of my dealership!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

st332 wrote: »
    Was on to Frank Keane in Deansgrange earlier. They are expecting first cars to hit their showrooms on Thursday, though not sure if they will be getting a demo car in the first tranche, it might just be customer cars.

Is Frank Keane allowing a change of mind if there not offering a test drive. Seems to be mixed messages with different dealers...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

just got from the call to my dealer. no update regarding delivery date as cars not showing as available on system yet...so i am hoping Friday 11th as realistic date.
    they need to be delivered on the same day across Europe...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

kris_2021 wrote: »
    just got from the call to my dealer. no update regarding delivery date as cars not showing as available on system yet...so i am hoping Friday 11th as realistic date.
    they need to be delivered on the same day across Europe...

There’s going to be some very busy dealerships if they’re all to be delivered to customers on the same day(social distancing etc)....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

I was thinking that the black panel on the bonnet could be improved with a matching coloured wrap. The protective cover in this photo gives an example for white.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Very few of them docked last Friday, those then need to come off the boats, go through the systems, get planned out, go to the NVD, get taken off lorries, get planned out again, then come get put back on trucks and planned to be delivered to their respective dealerships. Then have to be run through the workshops, charged and cleaned. We only had 2 on this boat and most of the rest of them are at the docks in Germany.

Not long to wait folks but be patient, they can’t all be delivered at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

pearsefitz wrote: »
    I was thinking that the black panel on the bonnet could be improved with a matching coloured wrap. The protective cover in this photo gives an example for white.

You can’t match paint with wraps afaik I had enquired before so chances of the white matching is slim

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can you wrap the door panels they look terrible with the high gloss black and grey plastic, maybe there ok in real life but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Ordered an ID charger today. Has anyone had one installed yet?

Johnfred wrote: »
    Ordered an ID charger today. Has anyone had one installed yet?

Which one did you go for? Did they give an ETA with the order

The official launch date is September 11th. VW is going to film the launch at the transparent factory in Dresden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Mr Q wrote: »
    Which one did you go for? Did they give an ETA with the order
    I went for the basic one. No installation date yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

L-M wrote: »
    Very few of them docked last Friday, those then need to come off the boats, go through the systems, get planned out, go to the NVD, get taken off lorries, get planned out again, then come get put back on trucks and planned to be delivered to their respective dealerships. Then have to be run through the workshops, charged and cleaned. We only had 2 on this boat and most of the rest of them are at the docks in Germany.

Not long to wait folks but be patient, they can’t all be delivered at once.

https://twitter.com/SheehyMotors/status/1300827677302165509

some pics,

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/skoda-promises-its-electric-suv-will-be-keenly-priced-in-ireland-1.4344132

This link is about the Skoda Enyaq mostly but does mention the ID.3 deliveries further down.

"early indications are that the version with the 58kWh battery pack will clock in at under €40,000 - possibly well under" The Enyaq will sell well at those prices I think, looks good too.

More here from Chris at the Battery Life YouTube channel. First movers club info too.

https://youtu.be/y6I3q5T-mZQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Mr Q wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/skoda-promises-its-electric-suv-will-be-keenly-priced-in-ireland-1.4344132

This link is about the Skoda Enyaq mostly but does mention the ID.3 deliveries further down.

"early indications are that the version with the 58kWh battery pack will clock in at under €40,000 - possibly well under" The Enyaq will sell well at those prices I think, looks good too.

Bit of trolling me thinks.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

80sDiesel wrote: »

Not sure, one UK site is saying it is starting from £30,450 after their grant. Great to see more options under 40k if the prices are right

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

80sDiesel wrote: »

To be fair if they’re talking about having a basic model at 29,995 for next year, it’s hardly going to cost an extra 10k for the biggest battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Lorry load of id3's passed me heading southbound on the m50 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

McHonda wrote: »
    Lorry load of id3's passed me heading southbound on the m50 this morning

You didn't notice a white one with 18" Wheels??:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Just spoke with dealer in Dublin. My car is built, but not yet in Ireland. He said he does not have a date yet. Hopefully Sept 11 release is a possibility.

Advertisement