Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

eagerv wrote: »
    You didn't notice a white one with 18" Wheels??:D

It might have been white getting on the truck, but it won't be white coming off the truck as the weather has been obnoxious this morning in Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

jossul1179 wrote: »
    Just spoke with dealer in Dublin. My car is built, but not yet in Ireland. He said he does not have a date yet. Hopefully Sept 11 release is a possibility.

Same here. The information i got was that there weren’t too many customer cars on the boat as Most of them will be kept by VW Ireland as demos. Strangely enough the dealer mentioned that VW Ireland did not inform them about the shipment nor that their demo wont be on the boat. Very weird. Anyway another boat is coming some time in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 odiwankinobi

Johnfred wrote: »
    I went for the basic one. No installation date yet.
    I was looking at this online. Did you order the one for €392 plus €762 for the install?

I saw that bord Gais did a deal with VW for home chargers but I wasn’t sure if they just install this ID charger after you pay or do you go direct to bord gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I was looking at this online. Did you order the one for €392 plus €762 for the install?

I saw that bord Gais did a deal with VW for home chargers but I wasn’t sure if they just install this ID charger after you pay or do you go direct to bord gas?

I ordered the €599 version the beginning of last week. On the confirmation mail it says that their installation partners are Bord Gais. Since then radio silence. I've heard nothing further from Elli or Bord Gais. I called the support line but it seems to be rather generic support so the agent just opened a ticket for my enquiry about installation date. The Elli ordering page now says delivery from week 43 (Oct 19) so looks like there will be a delay.

I'm not driving much at the moment so can live with it and use some of my €600 free charging to tide myself over but it's annoying they may not have the chargers ready simultaneously with the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

Just seen this on Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

For some reason the picture never attached to my above post. Tom Murphy car sales in Waterford will have the car in the showroom from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    For some reason the picture never attached to my above post. Tom Murphy car sales in Waterford will have the car in the showroom from tomorrow.

Will be in Waterford in morning, will drop in and get a few pics. Looks like a Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There’s a first mover club being opened later this week so all those people who were concerned about info relating to it should hear from Vw late this week/ early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

L-M wrote: »
    There’s a first mover club being opened later this week so all those people who were concerned about info relating to it should hear from Vw late this week/ early next week.

Any news on the rest of those ships that were expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Any news on the rest of those ships that were expected?

There’s another this Friday I think, but again we’ve only 2 more cars on that. I’d say the latter will be arriving in the country the following Friday.

For some reason there were no ships in August so there’s a massive back log.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 mikeucc

Looking at the pictures the charge port is facing the road.(Right side of the car)
    I assumed they would have put it on the left side for the UK/Irish models.

mikeucc wrote: »
    Looking at the pictures the charge port is facing the road.(Right side of the car)

I think most EVs have the same side whether LHD or RHD.

And VW usually have the fuel filler on the right wherever the market.

Edit. I prefer on the right, with most of my charging being at home means I don't have to walk around car..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

They've never moved the fuel filler over so I'm guessing the same logic applied to the charge port. That'll make on street chargers a bit interesting, better get an extra long cable :(

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

They've never moved the fuel filler over so I'm guessing the same logic applied to the charge port. That'll make on street chargers a bit interesting, better get an extra long cable :(

Or, just wait for a second for the traffic to clear and park facing other direction.

Or, just wait for a second for the traffic to clear and park facing other direction.

That's what I'd do but sometimes traffic builds up behind you and you don't want to wait. Those city centre drivers can be very impatient for some reason :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mikeucc

I would be a bit wary using a public charger if the cable was pointing out towards the road.
    One driver not paying attention and your charge port is gone. (I would say that would be an expensive repair)
    From what I see around my area most of the charging units parking spaces are perpendicular to the road.

Looking forward to my first electric car (Id base model)

I normally try and park so I get out kerbside, much safer for opening door. But I understand that is not always easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Not on a oneway street. A good example is ebb charger on lower glanmire road near Kent train station where the charger is installed on left hand side of the road. I saw an outlander charging there once with a high vis jacket attached to the charging port.

Anyway my home charger is on right of the house so when reversed the car charge port will be on the correct side .

I would be a bit wary using a public charger if the cable was pointing out towards the road.
    One driver not paying attention and your charge port is gone. (I would say that would be an expensive repair)
    From what I see around my area most of the charging units parking spaces are perpendicular to the road.

It certainly wouldn't be ideal, I prefer the bay charging spaces as you've more options on which way to park.

Unfortunately the whole concept of marked spaces for charging has some problems as we've seen what with the charge ports being in different positions. Came across an annoying on in Applegreen Cullenmore where the spaces for the DC charger are at an angle and the Chademo plug can only be used by the left bay because the cable doesn't reach across to the right hand one

Anyway, good luck with the ID.3, you've certainly picked a good intro to the EV world :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No choice in some cases, chargers on a one way street leave me no choice but to have the cable sticking out

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Just noticed the we connect ID app is on the Google play store, not much use without the vin though

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Wondering if my dealer would give me my VIN, as car is built just awaiting shipment.

Just had a quick look at the 1st Plus at garage. Unfortunately was locked up until later/tomorrow.

First impressions (My first sight of the ID.3. Was out of country for viewing last year)

Its bigger looking than I expected.
    The white looks well. (Though couldn't see any metallic sparkle like Tesla)
    The wheels (19") look big.

xMoaEUd.jpg?1

lfZZ39A.jpg?2

jgMcprp.jpg?1

2WqOVrS.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Class looking car

Love the alloy's and spoiler roof extended thingy

We are going to see alot of them on the road

Make sure your garage doesn't use the large front number plate with advertising bar under, as it spoils the design feature on front of car. (See my first pic.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭JohnC.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Make sure your garage doesn't use the large front number plate with advertising bar under, as it spoils the design feature on front of car. (See my first pic.)

Managed to blag a test drive my dealer, was very impressed. Build quality was better than expected but there is a lot of hard plastics.

Having never driven electric before, the acceleration was great.

Even though I had seen photos I was surprised the lighting control was on the left side of the steering wheel.

Managed to blag a test drive my dealer, was very impressed. Build quality was better than expected but there is a lot of hard plastics.

Having never driven electric before, the acceleration was great.

Even though I had seen photos I was surprised the lighting control was on the left side of the steering wheel.

I also thought the build quality looked very good. And inside looked high quality but could not get in to touch materials.

How did you find the ride?
    And did you notice if the menu icons on main screen were on the left of right of screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

I also thought the build quality looked very good. And inside looked high quality but could not get in to touch materials.

How did you find the ride?
    And did you notice if the menu icons on main screen were on the left of right of screen?

Ride was very good compared to my wifes Tigaun which is on 20 inch rims

Home button is on the left of the screen with icons to the right.

Boot was bigger and deeper than I was expecting. Not huge but big enough for the size of the car.

• Advertisement

JohnC. wrote: »
    A drivers POV video!

Looks great on the inside, lots of visibility.

I think that's a Plus version he's driving from the lack of the Lane Assist lights in the mirrors?

Advertisement