Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Home button is on the left of the screen with icons to the right.

Oh man, that'll get a bit head wrecking when using the touchscreen while driving, hopefully it's configurable

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Looks great on the inside, lots of visibility.

I think that's a Plus version he's driving from the lack of the Lane Assist lights in the mirrors?
    It’s the base version. Blind spot monitoring lights in the mirrors are only in the max version.

Does the id3 have any basic lane keep assist like in the E-Soul or E-Niro ?

From the product guide - Lane keeping system ‘Lane Assist’

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Oh man, that'll get a bit head wrecking when using the touchscreen while driving, hopefully it's configurable

Possibly, there seemed to be a lot of configurable options. Dealer hadn't set most of these up, the car had arrived yesterday evening.

Would have loved an hour to play with it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Ride was very good compared to my wifes Tigaun which is on 20 inch rims

Home button is on the left of the screen with icons to the right.

Boot was bigger and deeper than I was expecting. Not huge but big enough for the size of the car.

Which model did you drive?
    Seems strange having the home button on the left and other menu icons for example seat heaters on the right? IIRC the new Golf has all the icons and home button on the right for RHD cars.

The Max edition has the full travel assist which will do lane keeping, radar guided cruise control and can stop and start the car in traffic. It can also suggest lane changes and has blind spot detection where it'll light up lamps in the mirrors if there's a car approaching your blind spot (or something like that)

The base and plus have some sort of lane departure warning system, where they'll buzz you if you drift out of your lane and try to correct. Not sure how that works, I've heard people complaining about it in other cars so I'm guessing it'll be a bit of a nuisance. I read somewhere they were required for all new cars though, so not sure if it can be turned off or not

Possibly, there seemed to be a lot of configurable options. Dealer hadn't set most of these up, the car had arrived yesterday evening.

Would have loved an hour to play with it...

I have this mental image now of the dealers 10 year old child setting up the car because it's too high tech for him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

eagerv wrote: »
    Which model did you drive?
    Seems strange having the home button on the left and other menu icons for example seat heaters on the right? IIRC the new Golf has all the icons and home button on the right for RHD cars.

That's the way I remember it, mind you I was too busy trying not to get more points on my licence ....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The Max edition has the full travel assist which will do lane keeping, radar guided cruise control and can stop and start the car in traffic. It can also suggest lane changes and has blind spot detection where it'll light up lamps in the mirrors if there's a car approaching your blind spot (or something like that)

I think all versions have that at least the adaptive cruise bit anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

I was sure the base had blind spot assist too.

McHonda wrote: »
    I was sure the base had blind spot assist too.

They've listed "Side Assist" for the max only, which I believe is what VW call Blind spot detection.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Finally got a drive myself. I’m seriously impressed with it. Really has a load of space inside, the rear seats are seriously comfortable and you sit on them like a couch (support under your knee).

It’s a really really chunky looking car, looks like a Golf that put on a few Corona stone.

The drive is very impressive, my first time driving a rear wheel drive in a while and you can really notice the difference with the road holding. It’s got a much higher seating position than you’d think.

Haven’t seen the entry model just yet but the plus is a seriously, seriously impressive car. Can’t wait to see them on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Anyone ordering, or planning to order, a protection pack? Will they hit the dealerships at same time I wonder?

L-M wrote: »
    Finally got a drive myself. I’m seriously impressed with it. Really has a load of space inside, the rear seats are seriously comfortable and you sit on them like a couch (support under your knee).

It’s a really really chunky looking car, looks like a Golf that put on a few Corona stone.

The drive is very impressive, my first time driving a rear wheel drive in a while and you can really notice the difference with the road holding. It’s got a much higher seating position than you’d think.

Haven’t seen the entry model just yet but the plus is a seriously, seriously impressive car. Can’t wait to see them on the road.

Exactly what I thought.

I know I will be castigated here :) but I did not get the same impression when I first looked at a Model 3. (But of course I would prefer a M3!):pac:

Looks as though the original date of delivery I was told the 9th Sept has been pushed back to the following week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

eagerv wrote: »
    I did not get the same impression when I first looked at a Model 3.

I was quite impressed by the Model 3 when I first saw it in the showroom. So much so that we ordered one about a week later (before even test driving one (before ever even driving an EV)).

6 months of ownership later, we do not regret our decision.

Hopefully it's the same for folk with the ID.3

Now to push eCars to focus on installing more CCS plugs rather that the current 50/50 split between CCS/Chademo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I can't be the only one who thinks the ride height is much too high and badly needs to be lowered.

The gap between the arch and top of the tyre is huge. Much more than the car in the VW product guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

Got to drive one today really really nice fab acceleration in Western Motors Drogheda today.. unfortunately I can't post pictures as they exceed the boards limit .. never encountered this before 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 28,036 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I may ring VW Wexford and see have they got one. I was originally going to get one of the 1st but with a wedding to pay for this year I held off so definitely looking to change in th first half of next year.

Have a 2014 Golf so hopefully I'd get a decent enough trade in as a deposit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

noelf wrote: »
    Got to drive one today really really nice fab acceleration in Western Motors Drogheda today.. unfortunately I can't post pictures as they exceed the boards limit .. never encountered this before 😒

resize the photo's to less than 4MB, and you should be able to upload them...

I know on iPhone's it lets you choose what size of image you want to upload, as it's usually that that causes the issue..

• Advertisement

I was quite impressed by the Model 3 when I first saw it in the showroom. So much so that we ordered one about a week later (before even test driving one (before ever even driving an EV)).

6 months of ownership later, we do not regret our decision.

Hopefully it's the same for folk with the ID.3

Now to push eCars to focus on installing more CCS plugs rather that the current 50/50 split between CCS/Chademo!!

I was also impressed with the Model 3, but the ID.3 exceeded my expectations if you know what I mean..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Moonstone 1st

Moonstone 1st

That answers your tyre question @eagerv.... Goodyear

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Just a few quick pictures taken today. Looks good and good quality.

Just a few quick pictures taken today. Looks good and good quality.

Tks, answers a question I asked earlier. The menu icons are on left of screen. IIRC on the new Golf 8 they have these on right which is more normal on a RWD car. Shouldn't make much difference as the screen is angled towards the driver.

KCross wrote: »
    That answers your tyre question @eagerv.... Goodyear

Yes, they seem a well regarded tyre, ain't going to be cheap to replace though..

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

So jealous of the test drives now. My dealer only got car now so hoping for test drive on Monday.

kris_2021 wrote: »
    So jealous of the test drives now. My dealer only got car now so hoping for test drive on Monday.

Are the demo cars only in Dublin? I believe there are none in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Are the demo cars only in Dublin? I believe there are none in Cork.

Take a spin up to Waterford.

• Advertisement

Take a spin up to Waterford.

AFAIK their one is going into the showroom today/tomorrow. Not sure if they will have another for driving.

Advertisement