Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

That is fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Well that's brilliant, pity I cancelled my order due to the high APR. Well done VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The interior ambient lighting is pretty class.

The IQ lights also do some amazing wizardry on country roads lol.

Typical is right! It started with 4.9% then went to 3.9% now 1.9%
    Not that I’m complaining but what are VW up to?
    I’m sure a hell of a lot of people would have opted for the plus or max if this rate was given when ordering

Do be fair that’s probably the exact reason they’re dropping the APR, because there is stock of the plus around

Edit: I didn’t actually hear today it was dropping to 1.9, just checked and there was an update today and it’s still 3.9. Who said it was 1.9?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

L-M wrote: »
    The interior ambient lighting is pretty class.

The IQ lights also do some amazing wizardry on country roads lol.

Did you bring it home?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you bring it home?

Yeah, I have it for the evening. (I work for a Vw garage)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Do be fair that’s probably the exact reason they’re dropping the APR, because there is stock of the plus around

Edit: I didn’t actually hear today it was dropping to 1.9, just checked and there was an update today and it’s still 3.9. Who said it was 1.9?

Rx8 posted a comment about the interest rate at 20:36

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah, I have it for the evening. (I work for a Vw garage)

I assumed you worked for VW from your posts. Perks of the job I suppose :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

So apart from the finance person getting 1.9% on the pc. Is there anything official?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I'd say if you wanted a plus model now there would be no problem with availability.

Dealer confirmed the apr drop earlier tonight. It will be on their systems in the morning.

• Advertisement

They must be getting a different rate because there’s nothing on the system about it and there was an update released today of finance figures across the range and the ID.3 is still listed as 3.9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

They had a moonstone grey one in frank hogans in limerick.

Looking forward to seeing these on the road.
    Would love to see a GTI tribute one with tartan seats!

Those diamond cut wheels are asking to be wrecked unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭eagerv

Apparently first deliveries to customers not until 11th Sept according to this video from Battery Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

eagerv wrote: »
    Apparently first deliveries to customers not until 11th Sept according to this video from Battery Life.

That's only next Friday. I'll be happy with that but no confirmation from dealers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

The iOS app is in the irish store now - We Connect ID

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

The iOS app is in the irish store now - We Connect ID

Also in the Android Playstore

• Registered Users Posts: 3 odiwankinobi

Reg stats show that 17 Volkswagen ID.3 PRO were registered in Ireland yesterday. I wonder if they are customer cars or maybe preparing a press fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Reg stats show that 17 Volkswagen ID.3 PRO were registered in Ireland yesterday. I wonder if they are customer cars or maybe preparing a press fleet.

Salesman, told me that he had received one car and that it was a customer car, so could be as at least some are here. But then salesmen. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Dealer cars I'd say.

My dealer has his demo car. Test drives next week. I see some earlier posts showing other dealers wtih their demo models as well.

I think customer deliveries wont be until the next boat load... late next week and beyond.

• Advertisement

Just got a text from Sheehy's Carlow to arrange a Test drive for Next Saturday but I remember what happened when I test drove the i3......

Just got a text from Sheehy's Carlow to arrange a Test drive for Next Saturday but I remember what happened when I test drove the i3......

Mad_Lad please take up the offer, how it compares to your i3:)

eagerv wrote: »
    Mad_Lad please take up the offer, how it compares to your i3:)

You can be sure I will and I hope no one is offended if I don't give that interior a less than perfect review because I'm not impressed so far and it's just my opinion on what is good or bad to me.

I'm sure it will be good to drive though because RWD makes a huge difference in an EV.

It will be interesting to see if I notice much of a difference in power between the id.3 and i3,t he id.3 will have 30 more HP but the i3 is lighter.

You can be sure I will and I hope no one is offended if I don't give that interior a less than perfect review because I'm not impressed so far and it's just my opinion on what is good or bad to me.

I'm sure it will be good to drive though because RWD makes a huge difference in an EV.

It will be interesting to see if I notice much of a difference in power between the id.3 and i3,t he id.3 will have 30 more HP but the i3 is lighter.

I for one will not be offended. FWIW I expected the car not to be great quality, but when I saw I was more impressed than I expected. I know the seats aren't child friendly, but the no frills base model looks to have a hard wearing cloth. I managed for years when mine were young with that type of material and never had any problems....

Leather option would have been nice or something half leather even.

I hope I get to drive it out of town without the sales man with me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Leather option would have been nice or something half leather even.

I hope I get to drive it out of town without the sales man with me.....

Tell him that for social distancing he'll have to take a different car :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

On paper they have almost identical 0-100km/h times.

KCross wrote: »
    On paper they have almost identical 0-100km/h times.

To the heavier Rex ?

Be interesting to try compare above 100.

To the heavier Rex ?

Be interesting to try compare above 100.

mmm, didnt check if the Rex had a different sprint time.

The ID.3 is 7.3s and the i3 seems to be in the same ballpark so I dont think you'll notice anything at all if they are that close in time. Beyond 100km/h is a different story... that would be more interesting actually. Hopefully it has some grunt for the motorway overtake.

EDIT... quick search on youtube shows that the i3 Rex is 8s for 0-100km/h so the ID.3 should be faster than it.

1. Advertisement
    2. Registered Users Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Does anyone mind sharing what was the residual value they were quoted on a PCP deal? I had a quote for around 35% of the OTR price but wanted to see if that was normal

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement