Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does anyone mind sharing what was the residual value they were quoted on a PCP deal? I had a quote for around 35% of the OTR price but wanted to see if that was normal

Is that 35% of the sticker price or after grants price?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Well I was quoted a final payment of €17,667.00 on an ID.3 Max way back, that was against an OTR price of €50,216.00 after grants and dealer BS addons. I worked that out as about 35% GMFV

This was before the VAT reduction or PCP rate cuts

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

32.5k depreciation over 3yrs on a hatchback is madness. You'd be better off with a Golf R.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

32.5k depreciation over 3yrs on a hatchback is madness. You'd be better off with a Golf R.

GMFV doesnt equal depreciation! :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Golf R PCP rate is 39%, it's only a 4% difference on the GMFV.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    Golf R PCP rate is 39%, it's only a 4% difference on the GMFV.

You've probably driven them all, does the id3 slot in anywhere in the GTD,GTI,R lineup? I'm assuming it's better drive than a GTD at the very least...

Yeah they seem to set the gmfv low to give you lots of equity in the car to buy a new one. Pcps are all about repeat business for the dealership

Yeah they seem to set the gmfv low to give you lots of equity in the car to buy a new one. Pcps are all about repeat business for the dealership

Ok I get you:), still don't know what way to buy it, hp, cash or PCP, I think lease is out of the question with the quote I have as there doesn't seem to be any benefit of grants.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

You've probably driven them all, does the id3 slot in anywhere in the GTD,GTI,R lineup? I'm assuming it's better drive than a GTD at the very least...

Think you are mixing me up with L-M, I'm just the guy who likes maths and likes people to provide evidence for their assertions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

If you want a higher final payment, or lower ongoing payments you can always opt for the id plan.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    Think you are mixing me up with L-M, I'm just the guy who likes maths and likes people to provide evidence for their assertions :D

Oops I am:D

Ok I get you:), still don't know what way to buy it, hp, cash or PCP, I think lease is out of the question with the quote I have as there doesn't seem to be any benefit of grants.

I was gonna get PCP if the numbers worked out, unfortunately they didn't so I decided to hold off and save some more and maybe get the id4 instead.

I like the way they do the grants in Germany, where the grant is paid to you not the dealership. It makes it easier to see the effect of the grant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

A bit of rubbish fast forward to 21:50......:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgy6gFAMoXY

eagerv wrote: »

Wasn't expecting that....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Had the test drive this afternoon. Same model as I'm getting, 1st Plus. It was a good 30 minute spin on both motorway and A roads.
    Inside is very roomy and comfortable. Graphics and reverse camera are excellent. Handling is very easy and reassuring. Seats are comfy and the armrests are great. Take off is very smooth, even when you give it wellie. Tried the B mode aswell and while it doesn't bring it to a complete stop, it's pretty good. We couldn't find the auto hold to stop it creeping but I know it's there somewhere.
    My car is ready for registration and as soon as the finance system is sorted to 1.9% it will be ready to go. Hopefully on Monday. Can't wait, it's a pity I couldn't get it today but the computer said No!
    Loads of interest in it at the dealer, even from non Pre-bookers. This is going to fly out of the showrooms.
    Get to your dealer now and try it, anyone who is in two minds should be convinced after a spin. Even the base model at 33k,or whatever it is, is going to change the EV world i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

rx8 wrote: »
    Had the test drive this afternoon. Same model as I'm getting, 1st Plus. It was a good 30 minute spin on both motorway and A roads.
    Inside is very roomy and comfortable. Graphics and reverse camera are excellent. Handling is very easy and reassuring. Seats are comfy and the armrests are great. Take off is very smooth, even when you give it wellie. Tried the B mode aswell and while it doesn't bring it to a complete stop, it's pretty good. We couldn't find the auto hold to stop it creeping but I know it's there somewhere.
    My car is ready for registration and as soon as the finance system is sorted to 1.9% it will be ready to go. Hopefully on Monday. Can't wait, it's a pity I couldn't get it today but the computer said No!
    Loads of interest in it at the dealer, even from non Pre-bookers. This is going to fly out of the showrooms.
    Get to your dealer now and try it, anyone who is in two minds should be convinced after a spin. Even the base model at 33k,or whatever it is, is going to change the EV world i think.

Is it a HP deal at 1.9% interest?

What's the 1st plus total cost then incl interest and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

McGiver wrote: »
    Is it a HP deal at 1.9% interest?

What's the 1st plus total cost then incl interest and all that?

I'm going for the ID PLAN. She couldn't work out the pricing as the system was still on the 3.9% rate, I'll know exactly on Monday, but 1.9% is available on all finance deals as far as I am aware.

eagerv wrote: »

We couldn't get a look at the 1st until a week or so ago now the long range test and the race against the GTI were all performed with a 1st. Who says weight doesn't matter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just saw my first ID3 and I'm very impressed with it. Great sized car and from the quick peek in the window I'd have no issues with the interior.

There was two down in VW Wexford, a white one outside and the green in the showroom. Car looks excellent in white but green definitely not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just to confirm the 1.9 percent PCP is there on the Plus for all Pre bookers. That’s seriously good value to be fair and it’s the way it should have been from day one.

To who ever asked about the ID.3 versus other fast Golfs etc, it’s just a completely different driving experience.

You feel all the power in a ICE, the gear changing, the noise etc.

I floored the ID.3 from start to 100kmph and it got their rapidly, but it didn’t feel fast if that makes sense.

My misses hates me driving fast and I floored it from 30kmph a couple of times when I took her for a spin, she was seriously unimpressed by the power... if that makes sense, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

L-M wrote: »
    Just to confirm the 1.9 percent PCP is there on the Plus for all Pre bookers. That’s seriously good value to be fair and it’s the way it should have been from day one.

To who ever asked about the ID.3 versus other fast Golfs etc, it’s just a completely different driving experience.

I floored the ID.3 from start to 100kmph and it got their rapidly, but it didn’t feel fast if that makes sense.

My misses hates me driving fast and I floored it from 30kmph a couple of times when I took her for a spin, she was seriously unimpressed by the power... if that makes sense, lol

So just the plus?

What are the chances of a low PCP rate for the full roll out in January?

Sorry it’s on the Plus and Max.

As regards January who knows but they’re definitely not going to be high.

Even better news for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

True VW....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I test drove the ID3 today in Michael Moore Athlone. I absolutely loved it but my other half will probably never allow me buy one.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I test drove the ID3 today in Michael Moore Athlone. I absolutely loved it but my other half will probably never allow me buy one.

Easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.

IrishHomer wrote: »

Give the the TCO argument and saving the baby (insert cute animal here) line

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

rx8 wrote:
    I'm going for the ID PLAN. She couldn't work out the pricing as the system was still on the 3.9% rate, I'll know exactly on Monday, but 1.9% is available on all finance deals as far as I am aware.

I've checked the ID plan and it's basically a PCP with no deposit... If I understand it correctly.

3.9% for 1st
    1.9% for 1st Plus and 1st Max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

McGiver wrote: »
    I've checked the ID plan and it's basically a PCP with no deposit... If I understand it correctly.

3.9% for 1st
    1.9% for 1st Plus and 1st Max

No there is a deposit range, the main feature is a significantly higher final payment, closer to the projected trade in value.

Advertisement