Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You can put in up to 10 percent deposit on the ID plan. And it’s a PCP with a much higher GMFV. It doesn’t make any sense to not do the plan.

PCP, put in up to 30 percent of your money and owe less at the end.

Plan put in 0-10 percent of your money and owe more at the end.

It’s 6 of one and half dozen of the other but with the latter Vw are taking more of a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.

Unless you have to beg for forgiveness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

L-M wrote: »
    You can put in up to 10 percent deposit on the ID plan. And it’s a PCP with a much higher GMFV. It doesn’t make any sense to not do the plan.

It’s 6 of one and half dozen of the other but with the latter Vw are taking more of a risk.

The repayments are of course higher if you don't put in the 10% . This is actually coming out of my trade-in, so I'll be getting the balance back in cash. Don't know what I'll do at the end of the period but there will definitely be a lot more EV's to choose from but judging by what I experienced yesterday, the ID3 will be very near the top of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

To be fair it’s more of a straight rental akin to uk pcp where you put down maybe 3 months payments at the start then pay a monthly and hand it back after 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Cyrus wrote: »
    To be fair it’s more of a straight rental akin to uk pcp where you put down maybe 3 months payments at the start then pay a monthly and hand it back after 3 years

Or in this case VW will pay the first 3 months payments for 1st movers:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Or in this case VW will pay the first 3 months payments for 1st movers:-)

Even better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

With the the higher interest rate of 4.9% and first three months free, the id plan was considerably more expensive than the pcp offering. The lower 1.9% rate will make the id plan more attractive as the cost difference will fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Sorry it’s on the Plus and Max.

As regards January who knows but they’re definitely not going to be high.

This is typical of the VW group. Affordability is relative, so why should the basic model be excluded from the 1.9% offer.

This kind of thing has occurred multiple times in the past. People ordered cars at 3.9% PCP finance and a few weeks later they started offering 0% finance. And again, 1.9% was offered for a new model of car, which influenced the decision to go for an older model at 0%, only for 0% to be introduced on the new model a few short weeks later again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,357 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Other brands too can have higher PCP interest on their EVs as opposed to their petrol/diesel range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Looks like blackwater moters Cork finally have one in the showroom at least possibly for a test drive, if any cork people wanted to go up for a look! Nice white and black one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Can I ask a question to anyone who has driven one:

When you drive the car in "D" is there any regen?

(I know when you click the selector forward again you get stronger regen.)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

eagerv wrote: »
    Can I ask a question to anyone who has driven one:

When you drive the car in "D" is there any regen?

(I know when you click the selector forward again you get stronger regen.)

Can I also add to Eager’s question. While in B mode, is it possible to increase/decrease the level of regen through levels 1 2 3 similar to the Niro and Kona.

heron_joe wrote: »
    This is typical of the VW group. Affordability is relative, so why should the basic model be excluded from the 1.9% offer.

This kind of thing has occurred multiple times in the past. People ordered cars at 3.9% PCP finance and a few weeks later they started offering 0% finance. And again, 1.9% was offered for a new model of car, which influenced the decision to go for an older model at 0%, only for 0% to be introduced on the new model a few short weeks later again.

Unfortunately this is typical of all cars.

If a model is not selling for whatever reason then they will usually offer various incentives. One thing they will very rarely do is drop the list price (Unless it's a VAT change or whatever)

These incentives include finance %rates, scrappage ,delivery charge decreases and better trade in prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

eagerv wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is typical of all cars.

If a model is not selling for whatever reason then they will usually offer various incentives. One thing they will very rarely do is drop the list price (Unless it's a VAT change or whatever)

These incentives include finance %rates, scrappage ,delivery charge decreases and better trade in prices.

Why drop it now I wonder ? Is there a surplus of 1st plus and max that they are hoping to move after the release?

heron_joe wrote: »
    Why drop it now I wonder ? Is there a surplus of 1st plus and max that they are hoping to move after the release?

I don't know, but perhaps they are trying to move some buyers from entry to Plus to free up more entry models? Just speculation..

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Looks like blackwater moters Cork finally have one in the showroom at least possibly for a test drive, if any cork people wanted to go up for a look! Nice white and black one

I popped in to the forge Hill and they said it was fermoy dealership. Called them - all test drives today are booked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Official pcp info

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Official pcp info
    I think initial clusterfock with finance rates drove people to the base model. Now they are penalised for doing so. Disappointing.

I was told that that was a customers car.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Quote from VW website

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/models-and-configurator/id3-1st.html

1Rate of 1.9% on ID.3 1ST Plus only applies to existing cars produced and not new orders yet to be produced.
    2Rate of 1.9% on ID. 3 1ST only applies to existing orders yet to be produced with registration required in 2020.
    Offers available on selected stock, subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Orders must be taken by the 30th of September and registered before the 1st of November 2020.

• Advertisement

Quote from VW website

1Rate of 1.9% on ID.3 1ST Plus only applies to existing cars produced and not new orders yet to be produced.
    2Rate of 1.9% on ID. 3 1ST only applies to existing orders yet to be produced with registration required in 2020.
    Offers available on selected stock, subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Orders must be taken by the 30th of September and registered before the 1st of November 2020.

I think max is missing from 2.

I think initial clusterfock with finance rates drove people to the base model. Now they are penalised for doing so. Disappointing.

Hardly penalised, just not further incentivised.

I think max is missing from 2.

Ya I think so too.They better correct it quick before they start confusing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Quote from VW website

They really know how to make it complicated for their customers and probably sales staff.

Hardly penalised, just not further incentivised.

Why do the people who ordered plus on day 1 need to be more incentivised that the people who ordered 1st?

What if people cancelled there 1st order and reordered a plus or a max with the 1.9% rate?
    Would VW or the dealers allow this?
    Has anyone done the calculations between the monthly of the 1st vs the plus
    I would say the monthly repayments are pretty close between the 1st and the plus due to the difference in interest rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

What if people cancelled there 1st order and reordered a plus or a max with the 1.9% rate?
    Would VW or the dealers allow this?
    Has anyone done the calculations between the monthly of the 1st vs the plus
    I would say the monthly repayments are pretty close between the 1st and the plus due to the difference in interest rate.
    It's hard to do without knowing the gfmv, has anyone got figures for the plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Sat in a plus today, interior is better than I expected (pretty low expectations tbf) Piano black looks crap so I'll probably try wrap it. Decent haptic feedback on the steering wheel buttons. Hello ID voice assistant struggled a bit with my bogger accent! I liked the way the back seats sit higher. Plenty of space behind my driving position and I'm 5'11". Overall I'm happy, hopefully get a test drive next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why do the people who ordered plus on day 1 need to be more incentivised that the people who ordered 1st?

Gaps to big, 7k extra for extras you can live without, 14k for extras you can definitely live without. The base is also the fastest and most economical of them.

• Advertisement

A lot of them got cold feet and switched to the first or cancelled, I guess they don't want anymore. Many on here commented that the plus and max seemed overpriced relative to first, this might be a reflection of that.

Advertisement