Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Seen an ID.3 in the wild today.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I test drove the ID3 today in Michael Moore Athlone. I absolutely loved it but my other half will probably never allow me buy one.

I’m only after test driving the same car! It’s lovely but am not blown away to be honest. I nearly prefer my eGolf.

Range is very impressive even though I’d say there are some spirited test drives. Was indicating 255kms left with 166kms done since change.

Lots of room in the back for two adults, any more would be a squeeze.

Boot is ok, looks even smaller than the eGolf though.

Lovely to drive though and extremely quiet. Touch buttons would take a bit of getting used to. Buttons for the lights are nearly out of reach but you’d never need to use them, if the auto lights are half as good as the egolf, you’ll be fine. I don’t find it as comfortable as the leather seats in the eGolf though, maybe with a but more adjustment it would be.

Overall a fine fine car, new owners will be well impressed, is it enough to make me want to change? Not for now but once the winter range comes in, that could be a different story!

If mine only had 100 more kms!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Seen an ID.3 in the wild today.....

Your car saw it too clearly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Irishjg wrote: »
    Can I also add to Eager’s question. While in B mode, is it possible to increase/decrease the level of regen through levels 1 2 3 similar to the Niro and Kona.

There didn't seem to be any regen in D. It just coasts.
    The regen in B mode is not really strong initially, but is increased as you press the brake pedal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

jusmeig wrote: »
    Your car saw it too clearly!

The Dashcam cameras in the Model 3 are fairly low resolution as less data to process means the autopilot computer can process the data faster...

Add to that taking a photo of the screen, and you lose all chance of having a clear image!! (Spotting a car is not worth pulling the card out to transfer to PC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Is the reduction in the finance rates in addition to the VAT reduction or instead of it? I know some of the VAG group increased their PCP rates By 2% and then gave the 2% reduction on the list price.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I’m only after test driving the same car! It’s lovely but am not blown away to be honest. I nearly prefer my eGolf.

Range is very impressive even though I’d say there are some spirited test drives. Was indicating 255kms left with 166kms done since change.

Lots of room in the back for two adults, any more would be a squeeze.

Boot is ok, looks even smaller than the eGolf though.

Lovely to drive though and extremely quiet. Touch buttons would take a bit of getting used to. Buttons for the lights are nearly out of reach but you’d never need to use them, if the auto lights are half as good as the egolf, you’ll be fine. I don’t find it as comfortable as the leather seats in the eGolf though, maybe with a but more adjustment it would be.

Overall a fine fine car, new owners will be well impressed, is it enough to make me want to change? Not for now but once the winter range comes in, that could be a different story!

If mine only had 100 more kms!!!

Egolf is perfect car bar range. How did u find acceleration when compared to egolf? On paper is over 2 sec faster to 100 km/h.
    Did u try out speakers? How they compare to egolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

rx8 wrote: »
    The repayments are of course higher if you don't put in the 10% . This is actually coming out of my trade-in, so I'll be getting the balance back in cash. Don't know what I'll do at the end of the period but there will definitely be a lot more EV's to choose from but judging by what I experienced yesterday, the ID3 will be very near the top of the list.

OK so if I go for the 10% deposit and trade in a car, so let's say I go for basic 1st then they'll use the 3400 or so for the deposit and give you back the remainder of the trade in value in cash?

McGiver wrote: »
    OK so if I go for the 10% deposit and trade in a car, so let's say I go for basic 1st then they'll use the 3400 or so for the deposit and give you back the remainder of the trade in value in cash?

That's what I'm getting. Nearly 11K back.

There didn't seem to be any regen in D. It just coasts.
    The regen in B mode is not really strong initially, but is increased as you press the brake pedal.

So you can't configure the level of regen and you can't come to a stop releasing the accelerator like Tesla, BMW i3 etc? Also is creep there when you start the car?
    Sounds too Leafy to me, I'm used to one pedal driving....

• Advertisement

That's actually nice...I'll think about it.

Thinking to wait a bit if they reduce the interest rate for the 1st Base, I don't fancy paying 7k just for folding mirrors, matrix LED and rear camera basically! :)

How did your monthly payment turn out with the 10% deposit on the ID PLAN?

I'll try to recalculate to the 1st with the 10% deposit but the 3.9% interest instead.

So you can't configure the level of regen and you can't come to a stop releasing the accelerator like Tesla, BMW i3 etc? Also is creep there when you start the car?

It creeps when in "gear", but you can switch on Auto-hold so that it stays where it is when you stop. My Passat has Auto-hold and I would not want to be without it now. Don't think I could go back to a manual handbrake either.

How did your monthly payment turn out with the 10% deposit on the ID PLAN?

I'll try to recalculate to the 1st with the 10% deposit but the 3.9% interest instead.

I won't have the exact figures until Monday. The figures I got initially were using the original 4.9% rate. Should be way better now.

It creeps when in "gear", but you can switch on Auto-hold so that it stays where it is when you stop.
    Hmm, prefer one pedal driving, it's so much convenient.
    But with the auto-hold it's somewhat better.

Do you need to turn it on every time you turn the car on? I.e. if you turn it off and then turn it on back again does it remember the auto-hold setting or not?

Hmm, prefer one pedal driving, it's so much convenient.
    But with the auto-hold it's somewhat better.

Do you need to turn it on every time you turn the car on? I.e. if you turn it off and then turn it on back again does it remember the auto-hold setting or not?

Not sure, as it wasn't turned on yesterday but I know that it remembers D or B after using Reverse. It should though.

Not sure, as it wasn't turned on yesterday but I know that it remembers D or B after using Reverse. It should though.

I need to get a test drive then! Do the sales people have any clue about details like these?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

I need to get a test drive then! Do the sales people have any clue about details like these?

Trust me, you'll know more about it than all the salesmen in the place. Most dealers have only 1 guy who is trained up on them. More training taking place next week though, so most should have some knowledge by then.
    Apparently the Auto-hold function is in the Quick menu, which is accessed by swiping down on the main screen. Just so you can switch it on or off to your liking.

Have a chat to L-M here, he really knows his stuff when it comes to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Is the manual available online? I’ve seen the early version on the battery life YouTube channel. I might as well do my homework while waiting for a delivery date

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Is the manual available online? I’ve seen the early version on the battery life YouTube channel. I might as well do my homework while waiting for a delivery date
    All we need is a VIN number...

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Egolf is perfect car bar range. How did u find acceleration when compared to egolf? On paper is over 2 sec faster to 100 km/h.
    Did u try out speakers? How they compare to egolf?

I agree they are a perfect car alright, if they only had the same range as the ID3!!
    I can even live with the size and I came from an A4 Avant!!

Re: Acceleration. I didn’t want to drive the nuts of it to be honest, I drove it like I drove my eGolf, conscious about range etc. It felt quick but not as quick as the eGolf though.
    Sound system was excellent but we were only listening to the radio, didn’t bother connecting a phone to it to try out. Like above, it’s hard beat the upgraded system in the eGolf. Really impressed with it. Took us ages to find the menu for the screen though.

I’d love another few mins to poke around one some other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I agree they are a perfect car alright, if they only had the same range as the ID3!!
    I can even live with the size and I came from an A4 Avant!!

Re: Acceleration. I didn’t want to drive the nuts of it to be honest, I drove it like I drove my eGolf, conscious about range etc. It felt quick but not as quick as the eGolf though.
    Sound system was excellent but we were only listening to the radio, didn’t bother connecting a phone to it to try out. Like above, it’s hard beat the upgraded system in the eGolf. Really impressed with it. Took us ages to find the menu for the screen though.

I’d love another few mins to poke around one some other day.

Which level ID.3 did you drive? Can you remember which driving mode it was in? Our Ioniq makes a big difference when in Sport mode. Surprised you found the eGolf quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I thought the Leaf was renowned for its' one pedal driving..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Cant see how that could be true though.... the ID.3 has 70hp more and on paper is nearly a second faster to 100km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

KCross wrote: »
    Cant see how that could be true though.... the ID.3 has 70hp more and on paper is nearly a second faster to 100km/h

9.6 vs 7.3...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

KCross wrote: »

Could just be tuning, I've noticed a lot of newer EVs feel less aggressive off the line, they accelerate quicker but don't give you quite the same punch in the back feeling from a standstill.

I have just been looking, where would one find such a thing... I have my VIN number.

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    Which level ID.3 did you drive? Can you remember which driving mode it was in? Our Ioniq makes a big difference when in Sport mode. Surprised you found the eGolf quicker.

My daughter was exploring the menus and it was in sport mode I think.

Edit - was a 1st Edition. Not sure after that.

Advertisement