Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

KCross wrote: »
    Cant see how that could be true though.... the ID.3 has 70hp more and on paper is nearly a second faster to 100km/h

I know, maybe it just didn’t feel that fast it was so smooth. I only went up to 100kph too though.

And a second faster to 100kph, I honestly don’t thing anyone would notice a few seconds to be honest. You’d need to be timing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

rx8 wrote: »
    I have just been looking, where would one find such a thing... I have my VIN number.

Normally in the lower corner of the windshield looking from the outside of the car.

I have just been looking, where would one find such a thing... I have my VIN number.

https://www.vwserviceandparts.com/digital-resources/online-owners-manual/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

See if you can register your VIN on the WeConnectID app. That might give you access to the manual also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Tried that earlier thanks.

"We couldn’t find that VIN—check to see if your VIN is correct and within the Model Years supported, then please try again. If you've confirmed your VIN and are still experiencing issues, please contact Customer Care."

Obviously not on the system yet.

• Advertisement

"We couldn’t find that VIN—check to see if your VIN is correct and within the Model Years supported, then please try again. If you've confirmed your VIN and are still experiencing issues, please contact Customer Care."

Do you mind me asking if it’s your own car ID.3 or a dealers demo car?

See if you can register your VIN on the WeConnectID app. That might give you access to the manual also?

Can't do that yet. There's a six step registration process in the We-Connect ID App. The last page, to complete the registration involves scanning a QR code on the car's main screen. This links you and the App. to the car. I won't be able to do this until I'm sitting in my own car. Hopefully Monday will see that sorted.

Do you mind me asking if it’s your own car ID.3 or a dealers demo car?

Yeah, My car.

Yeah, My car.

Well wear rx8. Hopefully I’ll have mine by the end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Maerlokw

I'm really confused by this on the VW Website. I have the ID.3 1st Reserved

"Rate of 1.9% on ID. 3 1ST only applies to existing orders yet to be produced with registration required in 2020."

So we don't get 1.9% but anyone else who buys the car this year after us does?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Maerlokw wrote: »
    I'm really confused by this on the VW Website. I have the ID.3 1st Reserved

"Rate of 1.9% on ID. 3 1ST only applies to existing orders yet to be produced with registration required in 2020."

So we don't get 1.9% but anyone else who buys the car this year after us does?

Every one gets it that’s ordered. What it means if you can’t walk in off the street and order a bespoke Id.3 and get the rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

L-M wrote: »
    Every one gets it that’s ordered. What it means if you can’t walk in off the street and order a bespoke Id.3 and get the rate.

But only on the Plus and Max isn't it.

I was told today the base model was still 3.9%

Mr Q wrote: »
    But only on the Plus and Max isn't it.

I was told today the base model was still 3.9%

Yeah the base is 3.9.

This is nothing new, for the last 5 years Vw has always tiered their APRs favouring the high specifications.

3.9 is still a very good rate. 1.9 is obviously better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

L-M wrote: »
    Yeah the base is 3.9.

This is nothing new, for the last 5 years Vw has always tiered their APRs favouring the high specifications.

3.9 is still a very good rate. 1.9 is obviously better.

I had assumed the rate would normally be for the range rather than a particular spec in the range. But never looked into it really.

It is a pity VW didn't have the rates decided earlier, just over 50 euro a month in the difference between the 1st and 1st Plus I think now. I'm basing that on the PCP details I received and assuming the GMFV of the Plus would be the same percentage of purchase price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

If anyone does get into the owners manual, would it be possible to post an offline copy? Most browsers let you save the html or export a pdf.

I'm one of those boring types who likes to read manuals :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I just tried a VIN in the site linked and the UK version and it’s not coming up. Maybe not available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

eagerv wrote:
    I thought the Leaf was renowned for its' one pedal driving..

Old Leafy. Before L40...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭st332

eagerv wrote: »
    A bit of rubbish fast forward to 21:50......:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgy6gFAMoXY

I'll be trading in a Mk 7.5 GTI Performance for an ID.3. This makes me less sad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Had one out for most of the morning. First impressions were good. The rwd is very assured and country roads were fun. I even got the tail out a couple of times. Good seating position and the seats were comfortable... No adjustable lumbar support though.

The voice control was very limited, well below what I had been led to believe. Also it didn't understand me a lot of the time. I'll put that down to needing to learn my voice.

Deal breaker for me was Lane follow... It doesn't. It will go out to the line and bounce back in, then in to the line and bounce out. Crap really.

Power was similar to the Niro, but felt more planted due to rwd.

Anyone coming to this from a diesel or petrol that's a few years old, will be blown away. I was underwhelmed. Maybe I expected it to be streets ahead of the Niro, which it isn't, IMHO. It does look a lot better though.

Had one out for most of the morning. First impressions were good. The rwd is very assured and country roads were fun. I even got the tail out a couple of times. Good seating position and the seats were comfortable... No adjustable lumbar support though.

The voice control was very limited, well below what I had been led to believe. Also it didn't understand me a lot of the time. I'll put that down to needing to learn my voice.

Deal breaker for me was Lane follow... It doesn't. It will go out to the line and bounce back in, then in to the line and bounce out. Crap really.

Anyone coming to this from a diesel or petrol that's a few years old, will be blown away. I was underwhelmed. Maybe I expected it to be streets ahead of the Niro, which it isn't, IMHO. It does look a lot better though.

Most important question, can it do donuts? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Was it a plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

That is annoying and was one of the questions I had outstanding for the car.

Its basically LKAS (Lane keep assist), not LFA (Lane following). So, its as you describe, just a nudge of the steering to stop you going over the line. It doesnt keep you center of the lane.

I think you need the ID.3 Max to get the proper LFA as that includes "Travel Assist" which I think does more to keep you in lane.... will be interesting to hear some reviews of that.

Its basically LKAS (Lane keep assist), not LFA (Lane following). So, its as you describe, just a nudge of the steering to stop you going over the line. It doesnt keep you center of the lane.

I think you need the ID.3 Max to get the proper LFA as that includes Travel Assist which I think does more to keep you in lane.... will be interesting to hear some reviews of that.

That was my thought as well, the lane keeping is more of an emergency backup to make sure you're paying attention. The travel assist does include lane following from what I've been able to gather, but that's only in the Max trim

Which trim did you test drive?

Most important question, can it do donuts? :D

Yes... Allegedly.

Was it a plus?

Yes. The dealer assured me that it will keep the lane. He took it out with me after I drove it and showed me how it steers in to keep in lane. I let him drive my Niro to show him how it should be.

I think you need the ID.3 Max to get the proper LFA as that includes "Travel Assist" which I think does more to keep you in lane.... will be interesting to hear some reviews of that.

When the dealer saw what I was asking for he said that it wasn't available on any ID.3 at the moment. Not to say it can't be added via ota update.

Surely there's a vw that does full lane follow??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Even our 3 yr old Ioniq keeps the lane pretty well, even though I think they only call it lane keep assist.
    Pity if the ID.3 in lower specs cannot do it somewhat similarly.

A least the missus will be happy. First thing she does in her Ioniq is turn it off...:)

Even our 3 yr old Ioniq keeps the lane pretty well, even though I think they only call it lane keep assist.
    Pity if the ID.3 in lower specs cannot do it somewhat similarly.

A least the missus will be happy. First thing she does in her Ioniq is turn it off...:)

Don't need it so I'm fine. It's a Gizzmo useless for normal attentive drivers IMHO. Maybe I'm a missus like? :D

Suppose it's a good tech for people who do massive motorway mileage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've it turned off in both cars, can't stand it uber annoying, eyes and hands still working well thankfully.

Advertisement