Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I remember the boot being quite small at Weston. They seem to have dropped the level right down to the floor to increase space.

There is a small bit of storage under a flap in the floor, just enough for the cables... which means that you would have to empty most of the boot to get at them. This might not be too bad if it's just a couple of suitcases or a buggy, but if you have a load of shopping it would be awkward. On a well packed holiday run, the charging cables would need to be left out of the under boot storage.

There is absolutely no chance of cable storage under the bonnet. It's packed to the lid with equipment.

No frunk !!! That’s a balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

jusmeig wrote: »
    And idea of delivery times yet folks?

Just had an email to say that they HOPE to have the 1.9% apr. live today. I think she's teasing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Boot is 5l bigger than golf's one and golf is pretty much gold standard in small hatchback family cars category.

From what I understand the second floor is only standard with the Max. Meaning for the 1st and plus there is only 1 boot level and not a secondary space for cables.
    I’m sure this “ false floor” could be ordered in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Cyrus wrote: »
    To be fair 0-60 2 seconds is a lifetime

It is but 310nm is very low, wont feel fast after that initial launch compared to high torque Kona, Tesla etc

Looking forward to Bjorn review, think ID3 will be closer to 140bhp/350nm MG ZS EV than Kona 200bhp/400nm EV in his performance tests

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Bob Flavin said on his YouTube show yesterday that they had a surplus supply of iD3 in Ireland. Great situation with the factories running at low output.

Not surprised

Base model is fantastic value at €33,000, best priced long range EV on the market

Rest are horribly overpriced, €47,000 for the max is madness and the plus at €40,000 isnt great either

Theyll have to drop those prices in future to shift them, especially with much bigger ID4 coming

Should have been a €3,000 increment increase, €7,000 is a different segment increase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

jusmeig wrote: »
    And idea of delivery times yet folks?

I have been told next week but will believe it when I see it.
    In mainland Europe there appears to be an embargo on deliveries until this Fri 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Had a good poke around a moonstone plus yesterday, better than expected, nice seating position, trim not plastic as some of the reviews lead you to believe, I was expecting 90's ford transit feel from them but they were pretty similar to the golf and had a bit of give.
    It felt spacious inside and large looking on the outside it was beside a mk8 golf in the same color, it definitely looked better than the golf.
    Everything felt reassuringly car like, switches all fine to touch, touchscreen nice and smooth, seemed to be a comfortable place to be.
    Still happy with my choice to go with the 1st over the plus, seats didn't look as good as I expected seen as there's a 7k price difference, sticker which runs along the rails looks just like a sticker you can see the seam, alloys ok again it's either or not something worth paying extra for.
    Pretty happy with how it looked and felt, nothing really negative to say. Should be perfect for our needs.

Thierry12 wrote: »
    It is but 310nm is very low, wont feel fast after that initial launch compared to high torque Kona, Tesla etc

Looking forward to Bjorn review, think ID3 will be closer to 140bhp/350nm MG ZS EV than Kona 200bhp/400nm EV in his performance tests

The i3 Rex acceleration felt better than the Kona and it has only 170 Hp but the key difference here is that 0-100 times will be reduced in the Kona due to poorer grip especially on damp and wet roads where it will feel especially slow same as the 40 Kwh Leaf I drove.

In situations like this the id.3 will blow the kona and all the korean FWD electrics away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Cyrus wrote: »
    No frunk !!! That’s a balls

Seriously!? Have you seen the size of the bonnet? They've packed everything up front to fit as much usable space into the cabin and boot as possible.

I'd take a bigger boot over a frunk any day

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

I remember the boot being quite small at Weston. They seem to have dropped the level right down to the floor to increase space.

There is a small bit of storage under a flap in the floor, just enough for the cables... which means that you would have to empty most of the boot to get at them. This might not be too bad if it's just a couple of suitcases or a buggy, but if you have a load of shopping it would be awkward. On a well packed holiday run, the charging cables would need to be left out of the under boot storage.

There is absolutely no chance of cable storage under the bonnet. It's packed to the lid with equipment.
    You don't need access to the cables that often i have found. And compared to the golf i think there is more height than width and depth compared to golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Seriously!? Have you seen the size of the bonnet? They've packed everything up front to fit as much usable space into the cabin and boot as possible.

I'd take a bigger boot over a frunk any day

frunk is handy for the ev paraphenlia though, depends on whether you have a buggy and crap in your boot all the time like i do :D

find the frunk in the e-tron useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Not surprised

Base model is fantastic value at €33,000, best priced long range EV on the market

Rest are horribly overpriced, €47,000 for the max is madness and the plus at €40,000 isnt great either

Theyll have to drop those prices in future to shift them, especially with much bigger ID4 coming

Should have been a €3,000 increment increase, €7,000 is a different segment increase

agree ... I'd be in the market for the Max - but would need a discount to justify it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

pearsefitz wrote: »
    2018(2)
    And trade in getting 22.5k

In relation to the test drive. All i was saying is its nippy but until you are familiar with a car and on empty m50 or something you can not really floor it. And especially midday on busy roads.

Cheers,
    I asked the salesman what it would cost for me to change to one but he hasn't come back to me yet. I did however, to be fair, tell him it was just out of curiosity but you'd never know. He said there was a few available to order now but couldn't guarantee a colour preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Is the VW home charger tethered?

Yea with 2 choices of length, I just got the basic one with the 7.5 meter cable..doesn't look anything like 7.5 meters in the packaging though..

From the brochure:

ID. Charger » Charging performance – up to 7.4 kW AC (single-phase) or 11 kW AC (three-phase) » The attached (Type 2) charging cable is fixed to your ID. Charger with an option of 4.5 m or 7.5 m length » Integrated DC fault current detection ≥ 6 mA - no RCD type B required (Saving up to €200) » Dynamic load management (Blackout Protection) ready

The i3 Rex acceleration felt better than the Kona and it has only 170 Hp but the key difference here is that 0-100 times will be reduced in the Kona due to poorer grip especially on damp and wet roads where it will feel especially slow same as the 40 Kwh Leaf I drove.

In situations like this the id.3 will blow the kona and all the korean FWD electrics away.

Yeah true on the rwd advantage

i3 is a different beast though, its a genuinely quick car

1200kg, carbon fibre, 170bhp

It doesn't need big torque to shift that weight

Its power to weight ratio is good

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Had a chat with the dealer. Still no demo but my car should arrive sometime next week. So I presume going to test drive my own car on the way home:)

Is anyone in the first movers club got a call to ask if it was ok for VW to contact me and use my email, haven't heard anything since. Is that after you get the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Dealer contacted me today saying my car (id3 base) is still in production and won't be in for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Had a chat with the dealer. Still no demo but my car should arrive sometime next week. So I presume going to test drive my own car on the way home:)

u can test drive with other dealers if u want?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

kris_2021 wrote: »
    u can test drive with other dealers if u want?

The nearest dealer is in Fermoy, 47km and 47min away when the tunnel is empty:) I’ll check whether theres a Saturday slot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

drumm23 wrote: »
    agree ... I'd be in the market for the Max - but would need a discount to justify it

If they are’nt selling you’ll see 0% percent interest offers on the Max but unlikely to see them cut pricing imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

In other news, looks like a bigger ID model was seen out testing.
    https://www.carscoops.com/2020/09/vw-id-6-electric-suv-makes-spy-debut-dressed-as-a-peugeot/

The gossip pages seem to think it's the ID.6 which will be the Toureg sized ID model.

Looks very similar to the ID.4 with an extended boot. I'm gonna guess this will be available as a 7 seater as well to give an EV version of the Tiguan Allspace

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Picked up mine today Base 1st.

Having driven a mk7 diesel golf for the last 4yrs and an Egolf for about a week. I though they’d be hard matched, this ID3 is amazing to drive, even on a rubbish misty day! The touch controls are easy to get used to also.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Having driven a mk7 diesel golf for the last 4yrs and an Egolf for about a week. I though they’d be hard matched, this ID3 is amazing to drive, even on a rubbish misty day! The touch controls are easy to get used to also.

How is this possible when official delivery dates starts from this Friday? Do u work for vw?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

From what I understand the second floor is only standard with the Max. Meaning for the 1st and plus there is only 1 boot level and not a secondary space for cables.
    I’m sure this “ false floor” could be ordered in the future.

There is a nice big space for the cables under the flippy uppy bit of the floor that I saw in the Plus.

The toolkit etc were in there too so I'd expect the same space to be in all trim levels.

Also got clarification that the cars are still going to be shipped with the 3ph 16A cable. No decision on whether they will throw in the 3ph 32A cable or not but they will make one available.

What material is on the light grey piece on the door cards Jack, felt kind of rubbery in the plus I was in yesterday, wonder is it identical hard to tell from the pictures? Do you have the silver sticker down the roof rails?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Any pictures?

• Advertisement

Congrats, best of luck.

Are you the first owner in the world..?:)

Advertisement