Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Any pictures?

I’m working from home at the minute, but here’s one form my window. I’ll put some more up later.

What material is on the light grey piece on the door cards Jack, felt kind of rubbery in the plus I was in yesterday, wonder is it identical hard to tell from the pictures? Do you have the silver sticker down the roof rails?

I’ll have a look for you in a bit

kris_2021 wrote: »
    How is this possible when official delivery dates starts from this Friday? Do u work for vw?

It was registered yesterday and I picked it up today. Nope I’m not a VW employee

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I’m working from home at the minute, but here’s one form my window. I’ll put some more up later.

I think I speak for everyone in here when I say the following.... Jammy B**tard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Very nice. Congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Picked up mine today Base 1st.

Having driven a mk7 diesel golf for the last 4yrs and an Egolf for about a week. I though they’d be hard matched, this ID3 is amazing to drive, even on a rubbish misty day! The touch controls are easy to get used to also.

Take a few pic or video of the led beam at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

It was registered yesterday and I picked it up today. Nope I’m not a VW employee

Not jealous at all. Specially it is exactly my order also.... ...

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Not jealous at all. Specially it is exactly my order also.... ...

Same here, base in moonstone grey (cheapskate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Same here, base in moonstone grey (cheapskate:)

best value!

I’ll have a look for you in a bit

There’s grey cloth(same as seats) on the door arm rests. All the rest of the door card is hard plastic plus the piano black around the switch’s.

• Advertisement

There’s grey cloth(same as seats) on the door arm rests. All the rest of the door card is hard plastic plus the piano black around the switch’s.

Here’s a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

The grey colour really suits our climate. I think it looks ok in sunny weather but in that picture it looks great. Enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Here’s a pic

Cheers it's slightly different, pretty close though...

Just a heads up on the insurance, mine(not a broker) Haven’t the ID3 on their system so that took about an hour on the phone sorting it out. Maybe give yers a buzz before ye pick up the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Just a heads up on the insurance, mine(not a broker) Haven’t the ID3 on their system so that took about an hour on the phone sorting it out. Maybe give yers a buzz before ye pick up the car.

Was there much of a difference in your previous car insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Who are you insured with? I contacted Aviva last week via a contact form on their website as the ID.3 wasn't on their system and the reply I got was useless, I don't think the person even read the issue.

Still not an option on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I got a quote from liberty for €680 first time company car insurance, €200 more than my personal gti insurance at the moment. They have the id3 listed you should be able to get a quote on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

FBD have it on their system aswell, I think it will be approx €200 extra for me aswell.

Did you get thecharge card with €600 credit today and other first movers benefits aswell @Jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I phoned and emailed 4 or 5 times today. Finally got everything sorted. I have the registration number and finance at 1.9% is on the system. Pick up tomorrow afternoon. My insurance (Aviva) don't have it on their systems but they said they need the registration number to match it to something similar until it's on properly. There won't be a charge. I might just enquire about getting open driving though as no doubt I'll have to let some buddies drive it.
    Don't forget to contact your toll tag provider if you have one as you get at least 50% off.

Best of luck Jack, with your new motor. Wear it well sir. I'll be joining you tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

What's the deal with the regular non-1st edition id.3? Any specs or prices out yet?

• Advertisement

heron_joe wrote: »
    FBD have it on their system aswell, I think it will be approx €200 extra for me aswell.

Did you get thecharge card with €600 credit today and other first movers benefits aswell @Jack?

Yes I got the charge card and the socks! I haven’t done it yet but there’s 2,000kw on it they said.

rx8 wrote: »
    I phoned and emailed 4 or 5 times today. Finally got everything sorted. I have the registration number and finance at 1.9% is on the system. Pick up tomorrow afternoon. My insurance (Aviva) don't have it on their systems but they said they need the registration number to match it to something similar until it's on properly. There won't be a charge. I might just enquire about getting open driving though as no doubt I'll have to let some buddies drive it.
    Don't forget to contact your toll tag provider if you have one as you get at least 50% off.

Best of luck Jack, with your new motor. Wear it well sir. I'll be joining you tomorrow ;)

Ya I’m with aviva also and was just transferring insurance over from current policy. Eventually they paired it with an Egolf until their system is updated. I’m getting a small refund on the price.
    Best of luck tomorrow also, you’ll be well impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Normal One wrote: »
    What's the deal with the regular non-1st edition id.3? Any specs or prices out yet?

Start of October is when the order book will open apparently. In the meantime you can head over to volkswagen.de to get an idea of trims

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Yes I got the charge card and the socks! I haven’t done it yet but there’s 2,000kw on it they said.

You could do with blocking the reg number a bit more.

Mr Q wrote: »
    Who are you insured with? I contacted Aviva last week via a contact form on their website as the ID.3 wasn't on their system and the reply I got was useless, I don't think the person even read the issue.

Still not an option on their website.

Yes it’s aviva also, they did sort it in the end and got me on the road. But they still have to add it to their system.

I suppose but a reg is fairly public in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I don’t see the point in this these days.. all you can do is look it up on Cartell etc.

Where are the window switches for the back, in the front? I only see two window switches in the pics.

BBMcQ wrote: »
    I don’t see the point in this these days.. all you can do is look it up on Cartell etc.

Where are the window switches for the back, in the front? I only see two window switches in the pics.

There’s a button to switch between front and rear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

In other news, looks like a bigger ID model was seen out testing.
    https://www.carscoops.com/2020/09/vw-id-6-electric-suv-makes-spy-debut-dressed-as-a-peugeot/

The gossip pages seem to think it's the ID.6 which will be the Toureg sized ID model.

Looks very similar to the ID.4 with an extended boot. I'm gonna guess this will be available as a 7 seater as well to give an EV version of the Tiguan Allspace

Yep exactly this will be Tiguan Allspace/Kodiaq/Tarraco sized and priced. Not sure VW will put the iD badge on something Touareg priced (nearly Audi Q7 price).

• Advertisement

BBMcQ wrote: »

You touch the part that says rear and you use the same switches to activate the rear windows.

Advertisement