Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

L-M wrote: »
    At 1.9 percent APR you’re better off taking the PCP and then refinancing the balloon rather than paying 8/9 percent on a 5 year loan.

Does anyone know the monthly's for the 1.9% ID plan at both 0% deposit and 10% deposit.
    I asked my dealer today but he was saying he is still waiting for the new interest rate to go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Does anyone know the monthly's for the 1.9% ID plan at both 0% deposit and 10% deposit.
    I asked my dealer today but he was saying he is still waiting for the new interest rate to go live.

I'm doing the 10% one and it's €520 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

If you have the gmfv any online pcp calc will do it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

rx8 wrote: »
    Some pictures...

Just a small niggle with the front. The lower part of the bumper has those diamond shaped indents; fricken loads of them and they're quite deep. Am I the only one that sees a cleaning nightmare? When they get fly splat and diesel grime in them, will they not be a right pain to get/keep clean?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Went for a test drive yesterday.
    Wasnt blown away by any stretch of the imagination.
    That said it is a very nice car.
    Ride very firm
    Handles well
    Very quiet
    I like the haptic controls a lot.
    Doesn't FEEL particularly quick
    Toy count is everything you could reasonably want.
    Interior space is certainly better than a golf
    But nowhere like what was touted.
    There is no arguing with the range/power/battery /price equation it is excellent value,the 1st that is
    Paying 7k more for the plus is just nuts.
    The max ,well that may as well be a 60kwh leaf.
    Just buy a model 3 at that money.

I'll be sticking with the 28 ioniq till someone comes up with a better option, primarily because of the interior space.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Some pictures...

525827.jpg

I'm not overly familiar with the interiors and i've only ever really seen the LHD versions, but the light controls seem a bit squished in there on the RHD version. Guess I thought they'd be mirrored onto the right side of the steering wheel, but then headlight controls are always on the left in VAG.
    Could be the pic making things looks cramped.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You have the light controls as normal on the stalk can't see much use for the buttons.
    I thought the screen was mirrored wrong but after using it's no biggie you don't need to stretch to hit the menu button all within easy reach, leaves more of the display for the driver.

525827.jpg

I'm not overly familiar with the interiors and i've only ever really seen the LHD versions, but the light controls seem a bit squished in there on the RHD version. Guess I thought they'd be mirrored onto the right side of the steering wheel, but then headlight controls are always on the left in VAG.
    Could be the pic making things looks cramped.

No, it's not the pic. The control is in a very odd position and not in a place that your hand would naturally fall to. I think the reasoning is that you'll never need to touch it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just a small niggle with the front. The lower part of the bumper has those diamond shaped indents; fricken loads of them and they're quite deep. Am I the only one that sees a cleaning nightmare? When they get fly splat and diesel grime in them, will they not be a right pain to get/keep clean?

As someone who enjoys cleaning and detailing my car I agree.
    However I think I will have a soft cleaning brush handy when washing this area, not something I would normally use on a car.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Dropped the e-Up! into Frank Keane for a pre-sale service today, they had a line-up of 4 ID.3 outside and were doing a photoshoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

No, it's not the pic. The control is in a very odd position and not in a place that your hand would naturally fall to. I think the reasoning is that you'll never need to touch it anyway.
    For these controls, in my egolf, I set mine to auto and only rarely touch these when there is a foggy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,538 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Supposed to be taking a drive in one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

pearsefitz wrote: »
    For these controls, in my egolf, I set mine to auto and only rarely touch these when there is a foggy day.

would the front and rear demisters not be used more than the lights?

Cyrus wrote: »

That's what I was also thinking.
    I suppose at least they are on the more normal left hand side of wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Fair point i didnt realize that but again i dont think ill be going mad over these small things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I think that's pretty standard VW, every one I've seen had the light controls on a dial off to one side

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I think that's pretty standard VW, every one I've seen had the light controls on a dial off to one side

And far better IMO than the rotary light stalk controls on many Asian cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I'm doing the 10% one and it's €520 a month.

€468 for the base 1st with 10% deposit. Not a big difference between the two

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

eagerv wrote: »
    And far better IMO than the rotary light stalk controls on many Asian cars

Yeah I think I'd take the buttons over the stalk, easier to clean :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I wonder if these are covered in the voice commands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I wonder if these are covered in the voice commands.

It knows how to turn on the seat heaters anyway... :D

https://twitter.com/NollaigMul/status/1303374056176181251

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Mr Q wrote: »
    €468 for the base 1st with 10% deposit. Not a big difference between the two

********** - see below from Mr. Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

rx8 got paint too, difference is only about €43pm without.

Should have said, optional colour was included on the €468 per month

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

KCross wrote: »
    It will.

Lots of people have complained though and VW Ireland are looking at it with a view to providing a 3ph 32A cable... the outstanding question is whether/what extra they will charge for it.... coming off the boat they will have the 3ph 16A cable though.

Its the right choice for continental europe, just the wrong choice for UK/Ireland where 3ph domestic is rare and I'd say VW Ireland didnt cop it when they ordered the cars many months ago.

the egolf came with a 16a cable too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

glynf wrote: »
    Anyone trading in an egolf for an ID3? Thinking of changing our 2017 36kWh for the 1st plus. Seems like a drop in spec for the basic model-no reversing cam or auto dim mirror seems a bit scabby on a €30k car..

I've enquired about trading in my 192 eGolf but haven't heard anything back yet on figures. It would be a 1st Plus i'd look to change if i was to.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Stupid question! How do you turn on the heated steering wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Stupid question! How do you turn on the heated steering wheel?

At the climate control screen

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Is it possible for any of the new owners to upload the owners handbook?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Anyone else got the car or delivery date? Still nothing for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 smith79

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Anyone else got the car or delivery date? Still nothing for me :(

I haven't heard anything either, contacted dealer earlier this week, he indicated he had no idea as regards delivery date.

Advertisement