Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭obi604

From casually reading, it seems this car has been launching for the last 3 years :)

Is it officially launched yet in Ireland?
    People seem very eager about this launch, any particular reason why? (Is it streets ahead of Kona, E Niro etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

KCross wrote: »
    It knows how to turn on the seat heaters anyway... :D

https://twitter.com/NollaigMul/status/1303374056176181251

Fairplay, it took me like 3 attempts to hear what you said! Joke. Happy warm bum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I've enquired about trading in my 192 eGolf but haven't heard anything back yet on figures. It would be a 1st Plus i'd look to change if i was to.

The Mrs. put a deposit on the plus today, we plan on selling the eGolf privately as the trade in was low due to high mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Finally got to test drive the car. It was a 1st base version in Cork. I've only ever driven an electric car once before (egolf for 15 min) and i wasn't blown away. The id3 is different - it's fast and it was fun. The acceleration is brisk! The regen was good, had to switch between d and a few times. Noticed lane assist pushing the car back into the lane a few times, nice. Acc is predictive and informs you about recommend speed in the corners or upcoming roundabouts. Also slows down to the speed on the speed signs. I had the car in b so it was rather strong. Interior quality is OK, nice comfy seats, armrests are just in the right place. Hard plastic- yes, but I won't touch that too often. The glovebox is small, I presume they did what psa does rhd cars - the fuse box is on the passanger side. Visibility is good, even through the back window although not a match to my estate. Plenty of space inside, even reminded me Xsara piccasso a bit. The car is taller than golf, which felt a bit cramped afterwards. The boot is decent size as well. The main screen is big and easy enough to reach, the sliders didn't bother me. Haven't played with the menus or id light. Was enjoying driving too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Finally got to test drive the car. It was a 1st base version in Cork. I've only ever driven an electric car once before (egolf for 15 min) and i wasn't blown away. The id3 is different - it's fast and it was fun. The acceleration is brisk! The regen was good, had to switch between d and a few times. Noticed lane assist pushing the car back into the lane a few times, nice. Acc is predictive and informs you about recommend speed in the corners or upcoming roundabouts. Also slows down to the speed on the speed signs. I had the car in b so it was rather strong. Interior quality is OK, nice comfy seats, armrests are just in the right place. Hard plastic- yes, but I won't touch that too often. The glovebox is small, I presume they did what psa does rhd cars - the fuse box is on the passanger side. Visibility is good, even through the back window although not a match to my estate. Plenty of space inside, even reminded me Xsara piccasso a bit. The car is taller than golf, which felt a bit cramped afterwards. The boot is decent size as well. The main screen is big and easy enough to reach, the sliders didn't bother me. Haven't played with the menus or id light. Was enjoying driving too much!

Have you heard anything about delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

rx8 wrote: »

I was told - fingers crossed next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

I was told next Thursday by dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I was told yesterday that my car had arrived in Dublin and that he was confident I would be driving it next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Hopefully after tomorrow's "Official " launch, the cars should be flying out. Good luck to you all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yeah, great to see more EV's on the road, every one I see is one less ICE, it will be a slow transition but it is happening, seeing just that extra EV on my daily commute month by month.
    Was a time of the "wave" by Leaf owners, now I don't bat an eyelid at a Leaf or Kona

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I think they look better without the colour coded trim running up the A pillar and over the doors. Just looks right all in black to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Mr Q wrote: »
    I think they look better without the colour coded trim running up the A pillar and over the doors. Just looks right all in black to me.

I think I agree with you, makes the car look a little lower. However it would be easy to get a wrap if you wanted the colour coded trim to make the car look like a Plus or Max. I think I will leave as is.

The only thing I will try and get is a cover for the central storage area, don't like all my bits being visible, looks messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

eagerv wrote: »
    The only thing I will try and get is a cover for the central storage area, don't like all my bits being visible, looks messy.

Is the 1st different to the Plus in that regard?

The plus I drove had a slider to cover what you had in that storage area under the armrests.... i'd be surprised if that wasnt in all trims?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-rival-volkswagen-id3-fails-german-review/

That's a little bit surprising for VW.

They probably should have outsourced the User Interface for the In Car Entertainment if they really wanted to go a different direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tadonnen

has anyone heard from Frank Keane in Liffey Valley for a pick up date?

The plus I drove had a slider to cover what you had in that storage area under the armrests.... i'd be surprised if that wasnt in all trims?

I don't think this is standard on the 1st. Which is annoying as you really do need something you can close/cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

No it's not on the base trim, though I am sure aftermarket covers will be available. A bit silly of VW IMO. At least the little net storage area looks to be on all trims, I don't think it was supposed to be on the entry 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Can I ask how are test drives being done at the moment with COVID?

I'm interested in booking one, but am wondering if only 1 person is allowed in the car at a time (driver with the sales person)?

cannco253 wrote: »
    Can I ask how are test drives being done at the moment with COVID?

I'm interested in booking one, but am wondering if only 1 person is allowed in the car at a time (driver with the sales person)?

I just turned up without booking and was given the keys to go on my own. Probably depends how busy they are.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I just turned up without booking and was given the keys to go on my own. Probably depends how busy they are.

They let us do that at Liffey Valley, we had the car out for about 45 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭obi604

obi604 wrote: »
    From casually reading, it seems this car has been launching for the last 3 years :)

Is it officially launched yet in Ireland?
    People seem very eager about this launch, any particular reason why? (Is it streets ahead of Kona, E Niro etc)

any comments on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Met one on the road in Athenry yesterday: a white one

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

galwaytt wrote: »
    Met one on the road in Athenry yesterday: a white one

Apparently a couple of dealers out west breached the street date meaning people received their cars early. Today is apparently the first day dealers are allowed to hand over the cars, according to some reports there is a couple of boats with ID.3s due this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I just turned up and was given a key, normal ev guy wasn't there. I did explain to the guy that I had one ordered.

You can't change to sport mode by voice, button on bottom right hand corner of the main screen does it. Bit of rear wheel spin leaving the dealership. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Lots of people have complained though and VW Ireland are looking at it with a view to providing a 3ph 32A cable... the outstanding question is whether/what extra they will charge for it.... coming off the boat they will have the 3ph 16A cable though.

Its a separate order... €250 if you want a 3ph 32A cable.
    Its priced about right but it should be there by default! :rolleyes:

Someone had disabled auto-hold on the car we were in, I had to dig around the menu's to reenable it. Fortunately it remembered the setting after we switched the car off and on. That solves one of my annoyances with the Ioniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

I just had a call with my dealer. Looks like delivery next Friday for me!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Its a separate order... €250 if you want a 3ph 32A cable.
    Its priced about right but it should be there by default! :rolleyes:

Thats fairly shocking in fairness.

They are providing a cable with the car that basically nerfs the cars AC charging speed in half!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

tadonnen wrote: »
    has anyone heard from Frank Keane in Liffey Valley for a pick up date?
    Told next Thursday but presume when you placed order has some baring on this

• Advertisement

Thats fairly shocking in fairness.

They are providing a cable with the car that basically nerfs the cars AC charging speed in half!!

To be fair, most people go with tethered chargers at home as it's more convenient, so they won't really be affected.

Advertisement