Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Battery Life is driving his home atm live. (No 2 to collect in Germany)

God, that white plastic really looks nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Any id3 first edition available I took a test drive on Tuesday it’s a lovely drive pm me if you know of any available, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

jerryg wrote: »
    Any id3 first edition available I took a test drive on Tuesday it’s a lovely drive pm me if you know of any available, thanks

Ask your dealer. He should be able to go into the system and see what's available country wide. He can book one to be delivered to him for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭obi604

ye wha?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

KCross wrote: »
    Not sure what the split is but alot of people on the forum have opted for untethered for aestethic reasons (e.g. EO Mini).

The issue will be that most people will have no clue what the implications are and will be in for a shock the first morning they charge it up. They'll then have to adjust their expectations or buy a second cable.... which they just shouldnt have to do.

Personally I think VW should have given the option to swap the cable before delivery rather than paying full price for a second cable.

Or, I have my 8m coiled type 2 single phase cable up for sale. Save a few quid on a new one. Pretty sure there's like 3-4 years warranty left on it too. Shameless plug I know

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113958421&postcount=844

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I ordered one today. There are a few scattered about the country. There are two ferries coming in with them in the next 2 weeks (obviously things can change). Mine is booked on that. I’ve been told I’d have it end of September/ early October. We shall see. I’m in no rush to get it, but id assume that most dealers won’t part with demos until there is a higher availability in Ireland.

I know there were a couple that could be immediate delivery, but not sure of the specs. I opted for the plus as the max only had 2 things I’d want anyways and one V of them isn’t whirling yet (the HUD, although I can be corrected on that)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

So after driving the plus went for a look at the "basic" model at another dealer.
    Plus makes even less sense to me now,
    To my mind the lowly versions interior is nicer As is the lesser external chrome ,and the 18" wheels are nicer. for 7 k the spec differences are laughable.
    Dealers seem to think it should be possible to secure a first if not a pre-booker,basic one would be a very long shot
    Be very interesting to see the pricing/ spec/variants of the production models.

Moonstone ?i.e the white is definitely the colour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

If you do buy an ID don’t do what some others have done and just chuck the wildflower seed ball in the bin. No one wants to have to explain to future generations what a bumble bee looked like.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I've enquired about trading in my 192 eGolf but haven't heard anything back yet on figures. It would be a 1st Plus i'd look to change if i was to.

Got the call today, they don’t want eGolfs back - was quoted €12,500 to swap my PCP over, only allowing me €23 for mine.

Wasn’t there a deal mentioned that’s €0 deposit? Was only offered one price and that was it.

I’ll think I’ll be keeping it for another while!!

• Advertisement

So after driving the plus went for a look at the "basic" model at another dealer.
    To my mind the lowly versions interior is nicer As is the lesser external chrome ,and the 18" wheels are nicer. for 7 k the spec differences are laughable.
    Dealers seem to think it should be possible to secure a first if not a pre-booker,basic one would be a very long shot

Test drive 1Pm tomorrow, not to sure how long I get, I suggested an hour he said depends on the queue which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

adunis wrote: »

Except, for the fact that it is actually only €1,718, dearer if you finance it on the id plan and plan to drop it back to vw at the end of the three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Hi all,
    Can someone explain the first 3 payments being paid by vw for movers club. For pcp did you guys have to pay that slightly larger first payment then got 3 paid. Or do they just ask for deposit and no monthly payments for 3 months. Sorry if question not clear. Cheers

Except, for the fact that it is actually only €1,718, dearer if you finance it on the id plan and plan to drop it back to vw at the end of the three years.

Emmm no it's still 7k dearer ,your just renting less of it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

adunis wrote: »
    Emmm no it's still 7k dearer ,your just renting less of it.

If you are choosing to go with the ID Plan, the whole point is that you don't care about the price of the car. At the end of the 3 years you are basically guaranteed to have zero equity and will be handing back the car.

So for arguments sake if you give a GMFV of 45% and an interest rate of 3.9% on the 1st and 1.9% on the 1st Plus. Sticking the numbers with a 0% deposit into a PCP calculator gives €596/month and €667/month. There are 36 payments, but VW are covering the first three. Meaning that the cost difference between the two cars is (667-596)*33 = €2,343.

The price difference may be €6,855, but the cost difference after factoring in VW financial incentives is only €2,343.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

liamog wrote: »
    If you are choosing to go with the ID Plan, the whole point is that you don't care about the price of the car. At the end of the 3 years you are basically guaranteed to have zero equity and will be handing back the car.

So for arguments sake if you give a GMFV of 45% and an interest rate of 3.9% on the 1st and 1.9% on the 1st Plus. Sticking the numbers with a 0% deposit into a PCP calculator gives €596/month and €667/month. There are 36 payments, but VW are covering the first three. Meaning that the cost difference between the two cars is (667-596)*33 = €2,343.

The price difference may be €6,855, but the cost difference after factoring in VW financial incentives is only €2,343.

If GMFV is 45% do you not think you’d potentially have some equity after three years? If you look at depreciation rates on some EV’s they have been really low, 55% depreciation is a lot

Also are the first three payments covered by VW or simply deferred - Ie resulting in higher payments over the 36 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Casati wrote: »
    If GMFV is 45% do you not think you’d potentially have some equity after three years? If you look at depreciation rates on some EV’s they have been really low, 55% depreciation is a lot

Also are the first three payments covered by VW or simply deferred - Ie resulting in higher payments over the 36 months?

Why would you expect to have equity in the car if your deposit contribution is 0 %?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Casati wrote: »

I don't know the exact GMFVs for the ID Plan is was more a figure for demo purposes, the whole idea of the ID Plan is that the GMFV is set so high you should plan to have €0 at the end, they offer normal PCP plans as well, with lower GMFVs.

The way the dealer explained it to me, the 3 payments are paid by VW Bank instead of deferred. Think of it as VW's way of discounting the car without giving you a discount.

PCP is really only ideal for low mileage drivers who will pay less because they drive less, it's perfect for low mileage drivers because PCP is designed for you to put as little cash into the car as possible.

The GFMV should be high with low enough monthly payments.

A low GFMV and higher monthly means you're paying more for the car than makes sense for PCP unless you're a high mileage driver like I am.

I'm not expecting more than the 15K I think it is GFMV at the end of my PCP with over 110,000 Kms. I'm 96,245 Kms on it now.

There is no rule that says you will get more for the car than the GFMV, that's not in the contract so do not expect it, I didn't get anything on the Leaf, and I doubt I will get anything more for the i3.

The only thing for me is that that's 15K I can put towards another car, that's another way too see it, instead of paying off the car or re-finance you can put it towards another PCP.

• Advertisement

30 mins to test drive.

Curious to know has the id.3 any battery conditioning before fast charging for cold weather ?

I really don't want my next EV to slow down changing significantly when the battery is cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

30 mins to test drive.

Curious to know has the id.3 any battery conditioning before fast charging for cold weather ?

I really don't want my next EV to slow down changing significantly when the battery is cold.

Don't forget to put it into sport mode.

30 mins to test drive.

Don't forget to take plenty of pics...

Why would you expect to have equity in the car if your deposit contribution is 0 %?

GMFV has nothing to do with the deposit you put. The equity Id expect at the end of a PCP deal will be the same regardless of the deposit you put in up front.

A higher deposit will mean lower overall payment as less interest will be paid, [unless interest is 0%]

eagerv wrote: »
    Don't forget to take plenty of pics...

Not a peep from Mad Lad he might be trying to do a deal:)

liamog wrote: »
    I don't know the exact GMFVs for the ID Plan is was more a figure for demo purposes, the whole idea of the ID Plan is that the GMFV is set so high you should plan to have €0 at the end, they offer normal PCP plans as well, with lower GMFVs.

The way the dealer explained it to me, the 3 payments are paid by VW Bank instead of deferred. Think of it as VW's way of discounting the car without giving you a discount.

Okay thanks - VW arent advertising the deferred payment as non having to be repaid so that’s a major incentive which as you say could be 2k benefit.

If the plan has a higher GMFV than normal PCP then I see your point with not having any equity, wonder what the exact % GMFV is. The ID 3 is one car - especially in base trim, that I’d be expecting to hold its value really well, especially if grants for EV’s reduce in three 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I just had an extended test drive in one of these. It was a Plus model.

I was very very impressed. I’ve had a string of hot hatch VW’s - MK5 GTI, MK7 GTI and R and this car was one of the most impressive of the lot! Very tempted I must say.

Not a peep from Mad Lad he might be trying to do a deal:)

Perhaps he's measuring up the boot to see if a generator fits in.....

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I just had an extended test drive in one of these. It was a Plus model.

I was very very impressed. I’ve had a string of hot hatch VW’s - MK5 GTI, MK7 GTI and R and this car was one of the most impressive of the lot! Very tempted I must say.

I was not expecting that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I was not expecting that....

Haha!
    My expectations were on the low side but I was genuinely blown away by it. It’s a very tempting package.

I found it a lot of fun to drive. Very brisk acceleration from a standing start and the RWD helps a lot. You get that Bmw-like kick from the rear end. I threw it around roundabouts and I felt it handled well. When on the move it feels a lot like any normal car. Same road / tyre noise. You wouldn’t know it’s an EV.

Lots of cool tech. I didn’t even look at half it but what I saw seemed great.

Interior quality better than I expected. Ok there’s some hard plastics but overall it felt a nice place to be. Lovely steering wheel, comfortable. Nice driving position.

Great choice I have to say for those of you who’ve taken the plunge!!

Advertisement