Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just drove a Plus and then had a sit in the First. Very very impressed with the drive and seats are extremely comfortable, much more so than my Golf.

First definitely makes the most sense to me after he ran through everything different in both models and if the numbers work I'm going to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

All very positive lads, was just discussing with the Mrs last night about keeping the GTI, was getting cold feet...great to here Joe's opinion.

All very positive lads, was just discussing with the Mrs last night about keeping the GTI, was getting cold feet...great to here Joe's opinion.

I had herself with me and normally she's very negative about new cars but thought this was fantastic. She was even pointing out things I didn't notice!!

I thought the hard plastics were fine. Will be very easy to clean and should be hard wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Not a peep from Mad Lad he might be trying to do a deal:)

Come on, he only only started at 1 pm!

Come on, he only only started at 1 pm!

He's gone on his daily commute and popped in Aldi on the way back to get the weekly shop in :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm back, give me some time, had to call into Specsavers to collect my new glasses...... overall test drive was.......... pics uploading to imgr as I type.

285 pages going to start new thread.

Is it the same battery and power in the First, Plus and Max?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just drove a Plus and then had a sit in the First. Very very impressed with the drive and seats are extremely comfortable, much more so than my Golf.

First definitely makes the most sense to me after he ran through everything different in both models and if the numbers work I'm going to buy.

Were you told if the 1st is still available? Possibly some Plus still could be ordered, but otherwise the series model ordering should begin shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

liamog wrote: »
    The way the dealer explained it to me, the 3 payments are paid by VW Bank instead of deferred. Think of it as VW's way of discounting the car without giving you a discount.

I’ll have to ask my dealer on this. They didn’t mention it at all yesterday. Would be great if true.

They also explained the ID plan is to keep all of these in the VW network. So, the GMFV is higher to reduce payments, but you won’t have an equity at the end (you might, but we’ve a massive recession to go through now...) There is an 11 year lifespan for the car and they can be fully recycled after the 11 years into more cars, so I’m told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

eagerv wrote: »
    Were you told if the 1st is still available? Possibly some Plus still could be ordered, but otherwise the series model ordering should begin shortly.

I was told yesterday that it still was. There are still a few ferries coming in with everything over the next few weeks. Plus the demo cars will be there too in the not to distant future

eagerv wrote: »

I was. They've actually 6 First ordered and hope to have them in November. Two of each colour.

I've put my name down on a Moonstone grey at €34,000, €8,000 trade and an extra €1,000 from me (might put another bit with this). PCP at 3.9% coming to €355 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

I was. They've actually 6 First ordered and hope to have them in November. Two of each colour.

I've put my name down on a Moonstone grey at €34,000, €8,000 trade and an extra €1,000 from me (might put another bit with this). PCP at 3.9% coming to €355 a month.

What the GMFV on that?

Casati wrote: »
    What the GMFV on that?

Around €14k. If in three years it's only worth the GMFV and I've no deposit to carry over I'll buy the car out. If I'm offered €20k (so a deposit of €6k) I'd consider going PCP again.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Can you share where your where your dealer is?

Can you share where your where your dealer is?

Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Around €14k. If in three years it's only worth the GMFV and I've no deposit to carry over I'll buy the car out. If I'm offered €20k (so a deposit of €6k) I'd consider going PCP again.

That’s about 40% GMFV so you should have a decent bit of equity but as others said you can’t guarantee it. Are you getting the first three payments paid by VW bank too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

I’m torn between a 1st Plus model that’s available now, and waiting for the regular models so I can get the turquoise which seems to be impossible to get otherwise. Test drove today and was very impressed with it. At 1.9% APR the Plus model is very attractive.

Does anyone know how we can expect the full range to compare, I see that the APR rate is only until the end of the month, and we’ll miss the first movers bonuses and extras the first edition has, but I wonder if they’ll be more competitively priced to make up for that.

14K this means you are paying a lot towards the car to begin with, high mileage driver ? No don't expect more for the car.

• Advertisement

quokula wrote: »
    I’m torn between a 1st Plus model that’s available now, and waiting for the regular models so I can get the turquoise which seems to be impossible to get otherwise. Test drove today and was very impressed with it. At 1.9% APR the Plus model is very attractive.

Does anyone know how we can expect the full range to compare, I see that the APR rate is only until the end of the month, and we’ll miss the first movers bonuses and extras the first edition has, but I wonder if they’ll be more competitively priced to make up for that.

If you can wait, do, might get different interior options, colour, seat fabric and ability to add traffic assist if any of these things don't bother you in the existing stock, (I'd be far more concerned about interior.) then buy now.

Casati wrote: »
    That’s about 40% GMFV so you should have a decent bit of equity but as others said you can’t guarantee it. Are you getting the first three payments paid by VW bank too?

I'm not sure, they were having a few problems with the APR rate today. I had thought it was 4.9% but they gave me a quote on 3.9%.

I told them I'd give them a call during the week.

14K this means you are paying a lot towards the car to begin with, high mileage driver ? No don't expect more for the car.

No I'm averaging about 10k kms a year at the moment. My commute is about 5 minutes.

I've my 2014 Golf to trade in. I'm about 25% deposit.

As I said above, in three years time if I'm not offeried €19-20k I'll buy it out and drive it for another few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I'm not sure, they were having a few problems with the APR rate today. I had thought it was 4.9% but they gave me a quote on 3.9%.

I told them I'd give them a call during the week.

Rate for the 1st was dropped to 3.9% and on plus/max to 1.9%.

Rate for the 1st was dropped to 3.9% and on plus/max to 1.9%.

I had thought it was just the Plus and Max that had their rates dropped so it was a nice surprise on the First.

No I'm averaging about 10k kms a year at the moment. My commute is about 5 minutes.

I've my 2014 Golf to trade in. I'm about 25% deposit.

As I said above, in three years time if I'm not offeried €19-20k I'll buy it out and drive it for another few years.

My exact thoughts. By default plan is to buy the car at the end of pcp. Although I trade in my 1st golf to get a golf estate with dsg which I paid off a few weeks ago. Same will be with the ID3 1st and the reason I won’t buy a plus which 7k dearer.

I had thought it was just the Plus and Max that had their rates dropped so it was a nice surprise on the First.

Well, I was expecting them to match the 1st with the rest but it’s a Volkswagen thing - trendline always get the worst rate as they want to sell highline with more costly options.

My exact thoughts. By default plan is to buy the car at the end of pcp. Although I trade in my 1st golf to get a golf estate with dsg which I paid off a few weeks ago. Same will be with the ID3 1st and the reason I won’t buy a plus which 7k dearer.

I could put 10% deposit down and have higher monthlies but it's a waste of money for me. The cash would sit in the Credit Union earning no interest or it can go as a deposit and reduce the interest I'm paying.

I could put 10% deposit down and have higher monthlies but it's a waste of money for me. The cash would sit in the Credit Union earning no interest or it can go as a deposit and reduce the interest I'm paying.

I will go for the low deposit as I want to maximise the 3 month for free offer for the 1st movers.

• Advertisement

I will go for the low deposit as I want to maximise the 3 month for free offer for the 1st movers.

Will the three months save you more than the interest on the higher finance?

Advertisement