Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Will the three months save you more than the interest on the higher finance?

When the apr was 4.9% and before vat reduction with deposit of €3342 (10%) vs €9000 (26%) with 3months offer the 10% was working out €100 cheaper. With the reduced % and reduced vat - I’m not sure. But if they are close I would rather keep the money in my account rather handover extra 6k to Vw straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When the apr was 4.9% and before vat reduction with deposit of €3342 (10%) vs €9000 (26%) with 3months offer the 10% was working out €100 cheaper. With the reduced % and reduced vat - I’m not sure. But if they are close I would rather keep the money in my account rather handover extra 6k to Vw straight away.

Yea I think it's best to go with what suits you best. For me I'd prefer to see a lower monthly payment coming out.

I'll be gutted now if they can't get one in for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Reducing the interest rate increases the difference.

Found my finance quotes from june , the GMFV for the 1st on pcp was 41% and on the ID plan - 51%.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

I was. They've actually 6 First ordered and hope to have them in November. Two of each colour.

I've put my name down on a Moonstone grey at €34,000, €8,000 trade and an extra €1,000 from me (might put another bit with this). PCP at 3.9% coming to €355 a month.
    They hope to have them in November! I thought all Id.3 1st would have been manufactured by now and would be delivered in the next couple of weeks. It’s very late in the year to buy a new car, I’d wait until January.

• Advertisement

Johnfred wrote: »
    They hope to have them in November! I thought all Id.3 1st would have been manufactured by now and would be delivered in the next couple of weeks. It’s very late in the year to buy a new car, I’d wait until January.

Well I assume these additional 6 they've ordered will be shipped from Germany after all other orders placed before today.

I couldn't care less about the reg. If I buy it now I'll be trading in in November 2023, if I buy in January I'll be trading in in January 2024. It'll still be a three year old car either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

"Battery Life" youtuber from Germany got his ID.3 and has been doing range tests....

260-280km @ 130km/h (avg speed 124km/h) 207Wh/km

Its in warm almost perfect conditions but I think thats decent at that speed. Thats Cork-Dublin without stopping... albeit a bit tight.... a 10min Ionity stop and you'd be fine.

I think he got over 400km on his 90km/h range test.

Not bad figures since the VW brochure says "80% of drivers will get between 300 and 420 km" and its WLTP figure is 420km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Two things happened today, we handed over our leaf today to it's new owner, we are a one car family for the next week or two. Luckily I picked up a new bicycle during the week.
    Secondly, my wife got her test drive in a plus today, she is well pleased.
    We purchased the leaf in July 2015, for 22.5 K, we traded in a 1.6 tdi fabia, my wife's commute is 80km. In 5 years and 95,000 km we have saved at least 10k€ in fuel,tax and servicing, the leaf needed one set of tyres and two sets of wiper blades. It went to the new owner with the factory brake pads. All of that has to be good for the environment. For us, it's meant the 5 year cost of ownership is, 22,500 - 10000, minus the 8,000 from the new owner, 4,500 for 5 years trouble free motoring. Ok we got a good deal on the leaf, it was 6 months old with 1500 km on the clock.

My question now is, how will the id3 compare, it's more outlay, but it's more car than the L24.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

KCross wrote: »
    "Battery Life" youtuber from Germany got his ID.3 and has been doing range tests....

260-280km @ 130km/h (avg speed 124km/h) 207Wh/km

Its in warm almost perfect conditions but I think thats decent at that speed. Thats Cork-Dublin without stopping... albeit a bit tight.... a 10min Ionity stop and you'd be fine.

I think he got over 400km on his 90km/h range test.

Not bad figures since the VW brochure says "80% of drivers will get between 300 and 420 km" and its WLTP figure is 420km.

I think he drove 421km and had 23km remaining.

He also had the AC on for the tests.

eagerv wrote: »
    I think he drove 421km and had 23km remaining.

He also had the AC on for the tests.

I could have sworn he said 444 Kms ? either way not too shabby even if 90 Km/hr.

Charging speed is decent too would be nice if the battery can be heated for fast charging like the Model 3.

• Advertisement

I could have sworn he said 444 Kms ? either way not too shabby even if 90 Km/hr.

Charging speed is decent too would be nice if the battery can be heated for fast charging like the Model 3.

He could well have, I only watched a bit of it. No doubt it will be clear, probably on a follow up vid.

No I'm averaging about 10k kms a year at the moment. My commute is about 5 minutes.

I've my 2014 Golf to trade in. I'm about 25% deposit.

As I said above, in three years time if I'm not offeried €19-20k I'll buy it out and drive it for another few years.

I’d just see then what they’re offering for regular finance, go over 5 years to keep the payments low then you can trade it in after 3 if you want but you’ll know exactly what’s what in the end.

The GFMV is too low so it means you’re paying a hell of a lot more than you should at 10 k kms a year it’s a shocking deal to be honest and it means VW are taking no chances with depreciation.

Does anyone think that the lack of travel assist is a really bad at this price level ? You have to go with the max to get it, that’s a real shame.

eagerv wrote: »
    He could well have, I only watched a bit of it. No doubt it will be clear, probably on a follow up vid.

He just published his follow up video on 90km/hour range test.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgyN7pdss7o&t=0s

444 Total km.

I’d just see then what they’re offering for regular finance, go over 5 years to keep the payments low then you can trade it in after 3 if you want but you’ll know exactly what’s what in the end.

The GFMV is too low so it means you’re paying a hell of a lot more than you should at 10 k kms a year it’s a shocking deal to be honest and it means VW are taking no chances with depreciation.

This doesn't make much sense.

You could go HP but the rate is higher and as your financing the full amount your paying a higher rate on a higher principal.

If you take the PCP over three years your paying the lower PCP rate for those there years and then you can finance the GMFV on normal HP. It'll cost less to finance this way.

Also it's the same thing in relation to trading in three years on PCP or HP. You still won't know what the dealer will give you as a trade in.

This doesn't make much sense.

You could go HP but the rate is higher and as your financing the full amount your paying a higher rate on a higher principal.

If you take the PCP over three years your paying the lower PCP rate for those there years and then you can finance the GMFV on normal HP. It'll cost less to finance this way.

Also it's the same thing in relation to trading in three years on PCP or HP. You still won't know what the dealer will give you as a trade in.

If you can refinance the GFMV at a decent rate that is, I’d be pressing g the dealer for a better rate on HP because there’s no real advantage to pcp at 10k kms a year and a 14 k gfmv which is very low.

How much is the deposit and monthly payments for that pcp deal ?

If you can refinance the GFMV at a decent rate that is, I’d be pressing g the dealer for a better rate on HP because there’s no real advantage to pcp at 10k kms a year and a 14 k gfmv which is very low.

How much is the deposit and monthly payments for that pcp deal ?

The local Credit Union offers a green loan at 5.25% so let's look at those figures.

On PCP I'm financing €10,500 at 3.9% for 36 payments. Interest of €1451.65.
    Buy out the car at the end of year three and finance at the CU rate above as follows
    CU Loan of €14,500 at 5.25% for 24 payments.
    Interest of €781.88
    Total interest on above approach is €2233.

Finance €24,500 at CU green loan of 5.25% over five years means total interest of €3368.

Over €1000 more expensive to go straight.

At no point will it be cheaper to go straight HP unless the dealer gives a HP rate of below 3.9%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

When I spoke to the dealer yesterday, he explained the I.D. Plan / deposit situation differently than I’m reading here.

They invoice the car (the Plus model) at about 47k.
    10% of that is 4,700 ish, which is covered by the VRT rebate / SEAI grant. Plus a bit more back to you.

So if you’re going with a 10% deposit, you actually don’t put any of your own cash into it at all. It’s all funded by the grants.

Is that how others understand it?

JoeA3 wrote: »
    When I spoke to the dealer yesterday, he explained the I.D. Plan / deposit situation differently than I’m reading here.

They invoice the car (the Plus model) at about 47k.
    10% of that is 4,700 ish, which is covered by the VRT rebate / SEAI grant. Plus a bit more back to you.

So if you’re going with a 10% deposit, you actually don’t put any of your own cash into it at all. It’s all funded by the grants.

Is that how others understand it?

I thought it was up to 10% of the net figure i.e after grants?

I thought it was up to 10% of the net figure i.e after grants?

He was adamant it wasn’t no, that it’s the “invoice price”.

I seem to recall back when guys on this forum were buying new BMW 330e’s that it was similar - that the government kickbacks covered the deposit or a good chunk of it.

• Advertisement

He was adamant it wasn’t no, that it’s the “invoice price”.

I seem to recall back when guys on this forum were buying new BMW 330e’s that it was similar - that the government kickbacks covered the deposit or a good chunk of it.

I thinks its BS. All my quotes we based on the OTR price which is after grant and including the delivery charge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Does anyone think that the lack of travel assist is a really bad at this price level ? You have to go with the max to get it, that’s a real shame.

The dealer I was with said that it will be available as an option on the cars ordered via the regular route, in October. He said there would be a 10 step ordering process where you would select the trim level, colour, wheels, option packs, etc. Maybe we might have a better choice of colours too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I think the guy just doesn't quite understand what he's talking about.

We've bought two new EVs and had quotes on a few more. The 10% has always been based on the on the road price and not the pre incentives price. Best way to look at it was you are paying 10% of the financing figure.

The ID Plan is available with a 0% deposit, if he's telling you that you can have the car without a deposit then this is what he's giving you. He may be trying to justify the reason VW are allowing a 0% deposit by jumping to some conclusions around the grant scheme.

liamog wrote: »
    I think the guy just doesn't quite understand what he's talking about.

We've bought two new EVs and had quotes on a few more. The 10% has always been based on the on the road price and not the pre incentives price. Best way to look at it was you are paying 10% of the financing figure.

The ID Plan is available with a 0% deposit, if he's telling you that you can have the car without a deposit then this is what he's giving you. He may be trying to justify the reason VW are allowing a 0% deposit by jumping to some conclusions around the grant scheme.

He did say that VW keep changing it. And the rates keep changing. They were 4.9. Now it’s 1.9.

He sold 2 during the week and the system wasn’t allowing him put more than 10% deposit, as per how I described it above, so essentially customer pays nothing from his own cash. But yesterday when he tried it for me it was allowing up to 20% - or approx 10% from me.

He did say that VW keep changing it. And the rates keep changing. They were 4.9. Now it’s 1.9.

He sold 2 during the week and the system wasn’t allowing him put more than 10% deposit, as per how I described it above, so essentially customer pays nothing from his own cash. But yesterday when he tried it for me it was allowing up to 20% - or approx 10% from me.

Are you thinking of getting one Joe?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

ID Plan should allow a 0% to 10% deposit and has a high GMFV

There is also a more traditional PCP with between 10% and 30% deposit that has a much lower GMFV.

Are you thinking of getting one Joe?

Ah it’s an option I’m considering. Makes a lot of sense for my (and family) needs. Currently have 2 very under utilised diesels. Even wondering if this car could replace both. Don’t need 2 cars tbh.

Ah it’s an option I’m considering. Makes a lot of sense for my (and family) needs. Currently have 2 very under utilised diesels. Even wondering if this car could replace both. Don’t need 2 cars tbh.

That's good to hear. How does it compare for you to your GTI?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

liamog wrote: »
    ID Plan should allow a 0% to 10% deposit and has a high GMFV

There is also a more traditional PCP with between 10% and 30% deposit that has a much lower GMFV.

What the GMFV percentage on the ID Plan? We have seen it’s 40% on the PCP so presumably it would be 50 or even 60%?

• Advertisement

Casati wrote: »
    What the GMFV percentage on the ID Plan? We have seen it’s 40% on the PCP so presumably it would be 50 or even 60%?

On the 1st base version it was 51% for id plan in june

Advertisement