Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Joe what your dealer is telling you is wrong.

The ID plan should be based off the OTRP price after grants, and can be calculated with anywhere from 0 percent to 10 percent deposit. The Plan is the exact same as a PCP but what you owe in three years is higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

On the 1st base version it was 51% for id plan in june

Still quite low isn’t it- it’s still 16k depreciation over three year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

L-M wrote: »

The ID plan should be based off the OTRP price after grants, and can be calculated with anywhere from 0 percent to 10 percent deposit. The Plan is the exact same as a PCP but what you owe in three years is higher.

Excellent, cheers for confirming!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's good to hear. How does it compare for you to your GTI?

It’s several years now since I had a GTI and I had an R since and a diesel Bmw for the last 2.5 years.

The I.D. is a very different car to any of the above but I found it a lot of fun. Certainly a lot more fun than the diesel saloon!

The interior is a bit less than I’m used to (quality and finish etc) but I could live with it. I’d also prefer if the front end looked a bit less “EV”. Rear end and side profile look quite handsome imo.

Overall I found it a very nice car, it’s definitely got me interested.

L-M wrote: »

And can I ask would you know off top of your head what the figures are like then on a Plus model, with 10% deposit on ID Plan? What would be monthlies be like and the GFMV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

JoeA3 wrote: »
    And can I ask would you know off top of your head what the figures are like then on a Plus model, with 10% deposit on ID Plan? What would be monthlies be like and the GFMV?

I’m on two weeks holidays and have holiday brain at the minute to I can’t remember!

What the dealer is doing is adding the grant to the price and then “using it a deposit”. It’s the exact same thing as it’s just adding it on to take it off, which some garages use to get around the 10 percent deposit. This time the bank actually don’t need a deposit, so I can’t see why they’re doing it that way.

I’m sure a good few lads have the exact figure but I think the GMFV is around 17-18k on the Plan.

So for rough figures you’d be borrowing 22k over 3 years with small interest so around 600 a month without a deposit. Every grand you put in as cash then to a max of 4K knocks 30 quid a month off roughly, so would a 4K (10 percent) deposit you’d be just under €500 per month.

The PCP has a lower future value of around 14k so unless you put in an extra 4K deposit at the start, your payments are going to be much higher. There’s no reason why anyone should be doing PCP on them, mileage high or low. It’s just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If you did the PCP Plan and went over the mileage, worst that could happen is you’ll be in negative equity in 3 years, so you can just bump yourself back up to 0 percent equity again with the bit of cash you were going to put in day one.

It’s all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

JoeA3 wrote: »

With 10% deposit the repayments are €520 per month and GMFV is just over 20K.

rx8 wrote: »
    With 10% deposit the repayments are €520 per month and GMFV is just over 20K.

That 20K GFMV sounds a little better than the 14K quoted earlier here.

How many kms does this allow ? and is it for the plus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Will the id3 work with the Tesla superchargers here, https://cleantechnica.com/2020/09/13/non-tesla-electric-cars-can-now-charge-for-free-on-some-european-tesla-superchargers/amp/
    Free fuel and you get to block a Tesla charging point : )

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Will the id3 work with the Tesla superchargers here, https://cleantechnica.com/2020/09/13/non-tesla-electric-cars-can-now-charge-for-free-on-some-european-tesla-superchargers/amp/
    Free fuel and you get to block a Tesla charging point : )

No. None of the Superchargers here are V3.

And the bug will be long fixed before we ever do get V3 Superchargers in Ireland..

Also the claim that it’s an EU regulation is also BS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 seant5215

Does anybody know the dimensions of the VW / Elli charger unit?
    I haven't seen it on the website.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

seant5215 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the dimensions of the VW / Elli charger unit?
    I haven't seen it on the website.
    Thanks!

https://www.elli.eco/en/charger

Dimensions (W x H x D) (in mm)
    297 x 406 x 116

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.elli.eco/en/charger

Dimensions (W x H x D) (in mm)
    297 x 406 x 116

Installation costs seem steep there. Which of the three are people ordering?

My dealer mentioned that VW are giving money back towards the charger up to €800 (I think that's the figure he mentioned) and that you could get the SEAI grant on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I just got the cheapest one, doing most of it myself to make it nice and handy for the sparky, not a lot left once you run the cable, mount the charger bracket and isolator.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Installation costs seem steep there. Which of the three are people ordering?

My dealer mentioned that VW are giving money back towards the charger up to €800 (I think that's the figure he mentioned) and that you could get the SEAI grant on top of that.

You can get 600 euro back from the government grant. One of the three options from Volkswagen for the 1st edition customers receiving their cars now without CarPlay/android auto is 1000 euro towards the cost of a charger. That’s the one I opted for but the dealer didn’t have full information on how it works. I should have my car by next week so will hopefully get more information then

You can get 600 euro back from the government grant. One of the three options from Volkswagen for the 1st edition customers receiving their cars now without CarPlay/android auto is 1000 euro towards the cost of a charger. That’s the one I opted for but the dealer didn’t have full information on how it works. I should have my car by next week so will hopefully get more information then

Would you mind sending me a PM when you hear from your dealer?

I'm going to email mine this week with a few questions so I'll ask about all available offers for 1st edition customers them and see what suits me best.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

I think there were a few people on here wondering if there were any still available to buy. Blackwater motors in Fermoy had 6 id.s in their yard last saturday and they also have their dealer demo. There was a mixture of 1st & plus models and colours. I don't know if they are customer models or if they are available to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Need to contact VW regarding my PCP ending. Not changing car until next Summer but would love to test an ID.3 at some point, the eHybrid too.

Fingers crossed I can get a charger sorted with my on street parking. I really want preheating in my next car.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Repolho wrote: »
    I think there were a few people on here wondering if there were any still available to buy. Blackwater motors in Fermoy had 6 id.s in their yard last saturday and they also have their dealer demo. There was a mixture of 1st & plus models and colours. I don't know if they are customer models or if they are available to buy.

Definitely more stock coming in in the next few weeks. I was down the stock details from the shipment yards in Germany. I think VW Ireland may have ordered more originally than the current economic climate can allow, so why your seeing all the deals to move them.

If you’re interested I’d say there is no issues in getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

The dealer I was talking to said they had plenty of the Plus model in white and in moonstone grey, but none of the 1st or Max, and none in other colours.

I was told there'll be a stock update in October, but the 1.9% APR rate ends at the end of September officially. I believe the first mover offers (3 months free etc) end then too. It's hard to know whether they'll be extended or replaced with other offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

quokula wrote: »
    I believe the first mover offers (3 months free etc) end then too. It's hard to know whether they'll be extended or replaced with other offers.

In email they say:

As mentioned and as you may have already discussed with your Volkswagen retailer, Pre Bookers whom order their ID.3 1st within the 4-week order window and take delivery by 31st October 2020, will be eligible to join the ID.3 ‘1st Movers Club'*.

September1 wrote: »
    In email they say:

Is that 4 week window from the original order period or available for people ordering now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Is that 4 week window from the original order period or available for people ordering now?

I would ask dealer about it, but email referred to 4 week window few months ago.

I would ask dealer about it, but email referred to 4 week window few months ago.

Yea I'm emailing today so I'll be asking what offers are available.

VW have been doing 1.9% (and often lower) across their range for years. I don't see that changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

Lads, quick sanity q, anyone who has it, the EO charger untethered takes a male connector right, so its male to male 32A 3 ph to get the 7 kW charge at home on single ph. Also, IP44 ok for this, some offer higher IP but 44 seems to be common too. Cheers boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Shango wrote: »
    Lads, quick sanity q, anyone who has it, the EO charger untethered takes a male connector right, so its male to male 32A 3 ph to get the 7 kW charge at home on single ph. Also, IP44 ok for this, some offer higher IP but 44 seems to be common too. Cheers boys.

My EO untethered looks like below, which is apparently the female end :confused:
    https://evconnectors.com/electric-vehicle-chargers-and-accessories?product_id=135

Not sure what end the ID.3 uses, so can't answer that one

Unless you're planning on charging underwater then IP44 should be fine

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

My EO untethered looks like below, which is apparently the female end :confused:
    https://evconnectors.com/electric-vehicle-chargers-and-accessories?product_id=135

Not sure what end the ID.3 uses, so can't answer that one

Unless you're planning on charging underwater then IP44 should be fine

Kool man, thats great info, Ill just check the ID.3 or someone here might tell me then I'm sorted, Id guess male required too, but how will i power-wash my cable and charger so they look clean at IP44 though? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

The dealer I spoke to was definitely sure it still applies if you buy now - he talked me through the options (3 months free / 1k wallbox subsidy / free service plan)

He said it wouldn't apply if I waited for the next batch of cars. But I didn't get a specific time for that - in my head I lumped it in with the APR which ends at the end of September but it may be sooner or later.

I was told the 1.9% APR is a special offer that ends at the end of September, which would presumably mean it goes back to 5.9%. I wouldn't be surprised if it is extended / replaced with a similar offer. The dealer said they haven't received any info from VW so he doesn't know one way or another.

• Advertisement

quokula wrote: »
    The dealer I spoke to was definitely sure it still applies if you buy now - he talked me through the options (3 months free / 1k wallbox subsidy / free service plan)

He said it wouldn't apply if I waited for the next batch of cars. But I didn't get a specific time for that - in my head I lumped it in with the APR which ends at the end of September but it may be sooner or later.

I was told the 1.9% APR is a special offer that ends at the end of September, which would presumably mean it goes back to 5.9%. I wouldn't be surprised if it is extended / replaced with a similar offer. The dealer said they haven't received any info from VW so he doesn't know one way or another.

My guy definitely said about the €1K wall box refund. But didn't mention the others.

If you went with that then I assume you need to buy the VW unit and fitting? How would that compare to other chargers like the Zappi? Also would the VW Unit refund affect the SEAI application?

I suppose it's best to see what gives you the best value for your money.

I'm looking at the First so it's 3.9%. I ordered and paid a deposit and they said they hoped the cat would be here before November. I assumed that is the rate I'll get now even if the car doesn't arrive until the middle of November?

Advertisement