Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

That 20K GFMV sounds a little better than the 14K quoted earlier here.

How many kms does this allow ? and is it for the plus ?

It allows for 20K km per year and it is for the Plus model.

rx8 wrote: »

Yeah it's not terribly bad, I would assume going no more than 20,000 Kms over should have a big impact unless of course you hand the keys back then they will charge usually 8 cent per Km over.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

rx8 wrote: »

that's good, looks a quite attractive deal

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Ok, the car is due on Thursday and collection on Friday. Yupee

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

Shango wrote: »
    Kool man, thats great info, Ill just check the ID.3 or someone here might tell me

Looks like the car takes a female cable end, i.e. its a male on car side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Shango wrote: »
    Looks like the car takes a female cable end, i.e. its a male on car side.

All type 2 car takes the same AC cable, it's been standardised for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭eagerv

Ok, the car is due on Thursday and collection on Friday. Yupee

Lucky you...
    I'm still waiting on word, anyone any idea how many came in on shipment over weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 IceGiant756

There are a few in Frank Keane Deansgrange in black with silver decals with lovely wheels too. I usually don't like cars in the colour black but it suits it well. I took photos and would love to share but can't post them (or links to them) here because I'm only a new user and have to have 5 posts I think

There are a few in Frank Keane Deansgrange in black with silver decals with lovely wheels too. I usually don't like cars in the colour black but it suits it well. I took photos and would love to share but can't post them (or links to them) here because I'm only a new user and have to have 5 posts I think

Im picking up a black on wednseday, will post pics! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There isn't a black in the 1st is there? Thought it was two grey's, white or green/blue colour?

If you upload the photos to Imgur you can link them here.

• Advertisement

There's a Board.ie requirement for new users to have at least 5 posts (3 more to go :) ) until I can add even a url to the pics.

Thanks

I'm not sure what model it was to be honest, I didn't have the face mask with me so just stayed outside for a few mins to take a few pics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There isn't a black in the 1st is there? Thought it was two grey's, white or green/blue colour?

In the pictures posted earlier, where they're driving off the boat, there seems to be at least one 1st base in black.

Post>>> https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114461258&postcount=3645

TitianGerm wrote: »

Think they say manganese grey, but in dark Irish cloudy weather it looks pretty black.

The 2 ID.3s were beside a new Golf MK8 and I can really see how they seem to have made a considerably bigger-looking car but with pretty much the same footprint. To me the ID.3 looks like a big car

The pictures are actually all in the rain so you may be right on that one. I'll try the URLs now again as I think I've done 5 posts now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

In the pictures posted earlier, where they're driving off the boat, there seems to be at least one 1st base in black.

I think that was Manganese Grey Metallic, which can appear very, very dark.

• Advertisement

I really like the wheels. Nothing worse than a nice car with crap wheels.

It's strange, the showroom doesn't have one on display so if you were driving past you'd never know the ID.3 was there, I presumed they'd have all singing/dancing etc. But maybe these cars are for test drives and they are constantly keeping them charged for potential buyers which makes sense I suppose

Not sure which models they were but I did notice that they don't have the fancy lights (LED maybe) that I've seen in the ads, they have what look like standard light bulbs setup behind the light glass

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I really like the wheels. Nothing worse than a nice car with crap wheels.

It's strange, the showroom doesn't have one on display so if you were driving past you'd never know the ID.3 was there, I presumed they'd have all singing/dancing etc. But maybe these cars are for test drives and they are constantly keeping them charged for potential buyers which makes sense I suppose

Agree the best wheels are on the base model. The worst by far are on the best model. Obviously it’s my opinion only.

The two dealers I’ve seen have them parked right out in front of the entryway. You wouldn’t put it inside as there are so few out right now. I think the deansgrange site is a bit limited in what they can do though. So you wouldn’t ever know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Not sure which models they were but I did notice that they don't have the fancy lights (LED maybe) that I've seen in the ads, they have what look like standard light bulbs setup behind the light glass

That's the base model. The Plus has the matrix LED lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's the First I think looking at the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I really like the side and back end of them. Front looks a bit soft head on though, not too bad from other angles. Could have been slimmed down a tad but it is an EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I really like the side and back end of them. Front looks a bit soft though.

i think it looks ok dead on but this view isnt the best

2JlAjl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Cyrus wrote: »
    i think it looks ok dead on but this view isnt the best

2JlAjl.jpg

I think colour might help, then the black plastic bumper trim would add some contrast to it. It doesn't look bad for an EV though.

I think they did a good job with the bumper though, it doesn't scream EV like a Kona or something it looks fairly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

this is more like it :D

vw_id3_r_02.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It's inoffensive, which is a bit of a backhanded compliment. I think it's decent looking.

Advertisement