Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Agree on the front end looks. Head on, it looks a bit "soft" but I do like the side and rear 3/4 profile. Quite chunky and Golf-like with that thick C pillar.

That said I've seen photos of front end with the LED's all lit and it looks pretty cool. Does the centre LED light up all the time, the one either side of the VW badge? I didn't notice it lit on the demo I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Agree on the front end looks. Head on, it looks a bit "soft" but I do like the side and rear 3/4 profile. Quite chunky and Golf-like with that thick C pillar.

That said I've seen photos of front end with the LED's all lit and it looks pretty cool. Does the centre LED light up all the time, the one either side of the VW badge? I didn't notice it lit on the demo I had.

It comes on with the dipped headlights.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »

Cheers Paddy. I was following your posts on Instagram with interest over the weekend. I get the impression you liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »

Only on plus and max, no light bar on the 1st

eagerv wrote: »
    Lucky you...
    I'm still waiting on word, anyone any idea how many came in on shipment over weekend?

No idea, I could hardly get any info about my car, nevermind the whole shipment:) I was surprised that he said the car will be ready this Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

No idea, I could hardly get any info about my car, nevermind the whole shipment:) I was surprised that he said the car will be ready this Friday.

I didn't hear from him, so I guess I'm not getting it this week.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just a comment on the wipers. Apparently they are called Sequential sweep wipers (I googled it:)). Normally the lead wiper is on the drivers side, which is not the case on the ID.3.

Wondering if this will make any difference? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

eagerv wrote: »
    Just a comment on the wipers. Apparently they are called Sequential sweep wipers (I googled it:)). Normally the lead wiper is on the drivers side, which is not the case on the ID.3.

Wondering if this will make any difference? Probably not.

I didn't like to read that the mechanism behind these type of wipers is more complicated than other types, but I guess they have been around for a long time so should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Well I’ve mine a week now and 700ish km.
    It’s my first ev so maybe I’m easily impressed but I’m very happy with the car. I drive in B all the time and find I need to use the break pedal rarely. Auto hold works well. Also the auto full beam works perfectly unlike my previous golf. There are no front fogs which surprised me though.
    I did a 275km round trip on Sunday, car had 400km in the battery leaving and 98km when home, also there’s a fresh air setting on the air system that didn’t eat the battery and was perfect for cooling the car on the sunny drive.
    I’ve not had lane assist on previous cars, but it’s the first thing I turn off before driving. On two lane rds it right annoying. Handling is great and pick up is just nuts in a good way:-).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It’s my first ev so maybe I’m easily impressed but I’m very happy with the car. I drive in B all the time and find I need to use the break pedal rarely. Auto hold works well. Also the auto full beam works perfectly unlike my previous golf. There are no front fogs which surprised me though.
    I did a 275km round trip on Sunday, car had 400km in the battery leaving and 98km when home, also there’s a fresh air setting on the air system that didn’t eat the battery and was perfect for cooling the car on the sunny drive.
    I’ve not had lane assist on previous cars, but it’s the first thing I turn off before driving. On two lane rds it right annoying. Handling is great and pick up is just nuts in a good way:-).

Was that motorway or regional roads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

glad to hear you are happy with lights on basic. that is probably only thing i would want on mine (i am getting exactly same car as you :) )

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was that motorway or regional roads?

70km on motorway

70km on motorway

Not to bad so. I'm getting the base model in Moonstone grey as well which I think is the one you have.

kris_2021 wrote: »
    glad to hear you are happy with lights on basic. that is probably only thing i would want on mine (i am getting exactly same car as you :) )

Ya itt works perfectly so far. In the golf it was next to useless.
    This car seems good value, If I was able to spec the car when ordering I would have ticked a couple of boxes, maybe €2ks worth max. But €7k up to the plus for me personally, seemed like an unnecessary spend.

Ya it’s work perfectly so far. In the golf it was next to useless.
    This car seems good value, If I was able to spec the car when ordering I would have ticked a couple of boxes, maybe €2ks worth max. But €7k up to the plus for me personally, seemed like an unnecessary spend.

Thats good to know. Base in moonstone gray for me next Friday:)

Battery Life's 130km/h test.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greenbin

Looking at the Plus and got this quote from dealer today.
    Never did PCP before and swore I never would but am tempted just now..
    Any thoughts on the figures below?

Total Retail Price € 51,283

Less VRT Rebate € 5,000

Less SEAI Grant
    € 5,000

Less P/Exchange € 10,000

Net Balance € 31,283

= € 452 x 36 Months PCP @ 1.9% AP

GFV set @ € 16,238 ( final figure )

Km’s per year 20,000

Am I right I’m thinking if I want to keep the car after 3 yrs I will owe them the GFV above?
    Anything else to look out for with PCP?
    Thanks

Greenbin wrote: »
    Looking at the Plus and got this quote from dealer today.
    Never did PCP before and swore I never would but am tempted just now..
    Any thoughts on the figures below?

Total Retail Price € 51,283

Less VRT Rebate € 5,000

Less SEAI Grant
    € 5,000

Less P/Exchange € 10,000

Net Balance € 31,283

= € 452 x 36 Months PCP @ 1.9% AP

GFV set @ € 16,238 ( final figure )

Km’s per year 20,000

Am I right I’m thinking if I want to keep the car after 3 yrs I will owe them the GFV above?
    Anything else to look out for with PCP?
    Thanks

Yes if you want to keep it after year 3 you pay the GMFV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Or you can re finance the full amount/partial amount again with Vw bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

With that GMFV rate you will definitely have equity in the car if you wanted to trade-in and go again on a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Everyone should be doing the ID plan, it’s a way better product.

I should say at this stage because I seem to the peddling it, there is nothing more for the dealer for someone who does a Plan instead of a PCP but I genuinely think the Plan is the way to go. There should be a full private Leasing option out by the time the plans comes to mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

rx8 wrote: »
    With that GMFV rate you will definitely have equity in the car if you wanted to trade-in and go again on a new one.

I’d agree with that - it’s based on 40% and worst case you’d be thinking you’d get back 50% of the new price after three years

L-M wrote: »
    Everyone should be doing the ID plan, it’s a way better product.

I should say at this stage because I seem to the peddling it, there is nothing more for the dealer for someone who does a Plan instead of a PCP but I genuinely think the Plan is the way to go. There should be a full private Leasing option out by the time the plans comes to mature.

What’s the advantage of the ID plan over pcp? It’s more expensive as the GMFV is higher and generates more more for vw bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

What’s the advantage of the ID plan over pcp? It’s more expensive as the GMFV is higher and generates more more for vw bank.

Your not taking risk on depreciation being more than 50% and you don’t need any deposit. I like the idea of it as you still have the option to buy the car if you want to at an agreed price.

It’s basically a lease product but without the VAT being charged like it is with a lease

Is a proper home charging point an absolute essential or could you kick that purchase down the road a bit and make do with a regular 3-pin plug for a while? e.g. if you had the car at 70-80% via a local fast charger, would the basic 3-pin plug be enough to top it out to 100% over night? Has anyone opted for the VW "ID Charger"? Product guide has it at €555 after grants.

Do the LED Matrix lights (in the plus model) have dynamic light assist or is it just basic light assist that's been in MK7 Golfs for years (where it just auto dips the main beam)? The spec says "Advanced high beam control" but its not clear what that means.

Early cars haven't got App Connect / CarPlay enabled right? Is there any word on when that can be enabled?

I'm told that VW Bank are currently offering to cover the first 3 months of repayments. Wondering how that works, is it refunded after the 3 months or just given to you upfront...

Sorry about all the questions ;)

Is a proper home charging point an absolute essential or could you kick that purchase down the road a bit and make do with a regular 3-pin plug for a while? e.g. if you had the car at 70-80% via a local fast charger, would the basic 3-pin plug be enough to top it out to 100% over night? Has anyone opted for the VW "ID Charger"? Product guide has it at €555 after grants.

Do the LED Matrix lights (in the plus model) have dynamic light assist or is it just basic light assist that's been in MK7 Golfs for years (where it just auto dips the main beam)? The spec says "Advanced high beam control" but its not clear what that means.

Early cars haven't got App Connect / CarPlay enabled right? Is there any word on when that can be enabled?

I'm told that VW Bank are currently offering to cover the first 3 months of repayments. Wondering how that works, is it refunded after the 3 months or just given to you upfront...

Sorry about all the questions ;)

VW are offering money back on a charger as well up to €1000. Then you have the SEAI grant towards a charger as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Battery Life's 130km/h test.

270-280km isn't too bad at 130km/h, that's basically Dublin to Cork hammering it down the motorway. Travelling at 120km/h should give a bit more margin

Interesting how it didn't limit power much at 2% battery, must have a decent reserve at the bottom to keep the power up. I wouldn't be happy going that low but it's good to know it won't suddenly power limit on the motorway

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

270-280km isn't too bad at 130km/h, that's basically Dublin to Cork hammering it down the motorway. Travelling at 120km/h should give a bit more margin

Interesting how it didn't limit power much at 2% battery, must have a decent reserve at the bottom to keep the power up. I wouldn't be happy going that low but it's good to know it won't suddenly power limit on the motorway

Yea I'm very impressed. It's better than I was thinking it would be.

We'd go to Dundrum Town Centre a good bit and checking the exact milage tells me it's a 240KM (motorway most of the way) round trip so I should be able to manage that without a pit stop.

I do tend to stop in Coynes Cross on the way home for a coffee most days so even a 15 minute stop would give me loads of juice.

VW are offering money back on a charger as well up to €1000. Then you have the SEAI grant towards a charger as well.

Yeah I was told its either 1k towards the charger OR the first 3 PCP's paid (which in my case would be around 1500), so the latter seems to make more sense.

In the product guide, the ID Charger is €393 + installation = "From" €1155. Subtract the SEAI grant and its just €555. So I'm not sure why you'd need 1k towards the charger at all, unless of course the 1155 is inclusive of the 1k discount (it doesn't read like that)

• Advertisement

Yeah I was told its either 1k towards the charger OR the first 3 PCP's paid (which in my case would be around 1500), so the latter seems to make more sense.

In the product guide, the ID Charger is €393 + installation = "From" €1155. Subtract the SEAI grant and its just €555. So I'm not sure why you'd need 1k towards the charger at all, unless of course the 1155 is inclusive of the 1k discount (it doesn't read like that)

There's three different chargers on the link through the VW website. I'm new to this so I've no clue what the difference is or if you'd be as well going with a completely different charger?

Advertisement