Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

L-M wrote: »
    You didn’t have any equity at the end of your PCP because either A No one wanted your 3 year old Leaf (Not PCPs fault) or B You were on a bad product.

I’ve been selling PCP for 6 years and I’ve never seen anyone with no equity, in fact some people coming back with certain cars have more than they put in day one. I did have a 3 year old 5 series traded in but again he was on a bad PCP product.

The Id plan people should expect no equity, PCP you certainly should. With Vw anyway

I think there was a bad period for EVs around 2016, basically LEAFs have depreciated a lot and there were many cases of PCP users returning cars as GMFV was higher than market price. I think later prices bounced and if you bought LEAF in the slump you could sell it for more a year or two later. By 2018 market has recovered and EVs seem to depreciating now less than many ICE cars.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Thanks for sharing fourthoffice.

I put those numbers into a carwow's PCP calculate and end up with a €495 per month.
    If you paid a 0% deposit it would cost €609 per month.
    As VW are paying the first three months, that means over the term of the deal, it costs an extra €3,762 to not place a deposit (33 x 609 - 495).
    So it looks like the best option is to go with the 0% on ID.Plan and hold the deposit money as emergency savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

liamog wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing fourthoffice.

I put those numbers into a carwow's PCP calculate and end up with a €495 per month.
    If you paid a 0% deposit it would cost €609 per month.
    As VW are paying the first three months, that means over the term of the deal, it costs an extra €3,762 to not place a deposit (33 x 609 - 495).
    So it looks like the best option is to go with the 0% on ID.Plan and hold the deposit money as emergency savings.

Surely this is incorrect? For pcp you’ll need to put a 10% deposit so it doesn’t cost you 3762 more. It will cost €200 more in interest over 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I've just received a mail with an invitation to the First Movers facebook group. Now all I need is a car :-)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Surely this is incorrect? For pcp you’ll need to put a 10% deposit so it doesn’t cost you 3762 more. It will cost €200 more in interest over 3 years

The ID.Plan is available with a 0% deposit, the interest may be €200 more over the 3 years, but as the payments per month go up (to cover the extra capital due to zero deposit, and the extra interest) the value of VW paying your first three payments increases and more than covers the extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Cyrus wrote: »
    Lads

anyone who can, get a home charger, its a no brainer and will make your ownership experience much better.

What would the typical ballpark cost be on your ESB bill, say to charge one of these cars overnight from ~20% to 100%? I believe I have a night saver tariff too.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    What would the typical ballpark cost be on your ESB bill, say to charge one of these cars overnight from ~20% to 100%? I believe I have a night saver tariff too.

It makes more sense to look at your typical mileage per week, and then use that to calculate the amount of electricity per week.

For instance on our Ioniq we did 25,000km per year. Which is around 480km per week. With an advertised efficiency of 15.6kWh/100km. It meant we need 74.88kWh per week. You can add about 10% to this for charging losses, giving us around 82.5kWh per week on our bill. Our night rate with energia is 6.8c/kWh. Meaning our electricity bill is €5.61 per week to charge the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've just received a mail with an invitation to the First Movers facebook group. Now all I need is a car :-)

I was told might have it by the end of the month, already in the 1st movers club, tbh at this stage I haven't had a test drive and the budgets around the corner, I might delay getting it now until after the budget or possibly wait for a 203 car if it stretches into October.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

I was told might have it by the end of the month, already in the 1st movers club, tbh at this stage I haven't had a test drive and the budgets around the corner, I might delay getting it now until after the budget or possibly wait for a 203 car if it stretches into October.

Where is you dealer drunkmonkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Hey Guys - i'm test driving the id.3 on thursday - anyone know what the lead time is from signing now to getting the vehicle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

McHonda wrote: »
    Where is you dealer drunkmonkey?

The land that time forgot by the looks of it, meant to be a 1st mover and I've no car, yet the same car is for sale in other garages. Bit of a piss take by VW Ireland not getting to them to the people with deposits first.

The land that time forgot by the looks of it, meant to be a 1st mover and I've no car, yet the same car is for sale in other garages. Bit of a piss take by VW Ireland not getting to them to the people with deposits first.

I was getting vague responses until yesterday. A PR disaster on all levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

How is this documented? Do they write in the pcp quote -3 payments?

I was told by my dealer that you are still paying the 36 instalments monthly. Soon after entering the PCP agreement and the car is handed over VW will issue you with a code to claim the 3 months. Similar to the way the €1000 booking deposit was claimed. This will then be paid directly into your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I’m finding the programmed heating before I set of in the morning brilliant
    That's a neat feature for the frosty mornings. Is it via a phone app?

Alot of EV's have that, even since 2011.

The car has a mobile SIM card so you can communicate with it via a phone app to remotely activate heating.

They also have a timer built into the infotainment where you can set a schedule for cabin pre-heating for a set time everyday (if the car is plugged in). So, if you know you leave for work at 8am every morning you can set a departure time and depending on how cold it is outside it will start the heating far enough in advance to ensure it is fully heated by 8am.

The ID.3 1st takes 58kWh from 0-100% so 20-100% is 46kWh and there are some losses in the process so its actually closer to 50kWh that will be used to go from 20-100% and a decent night rate is current 7c/kWh so it would cost €3.50.

Thats pittance relative to the equivalent cost of diesel as it would add about 300km of range. You'd need 15-20 litres of diesel to get that range!

I was told by my dealer that you are still paying the 36 instalments monthly. Soon after entering the PCP agreement and the car is handed over VW will issue you with a code to claim the 3 months. Similar to the way the €1000 booking deposit was claimed. This will then be paid directly into your bank account.

Thanks, 1st piece of factual info:) I couldn’t get any information from my dealer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

For sure a total disaster. In fairness it’s not just VW Ireland. All countries seem to be in the same boat.
    The Facebook first movers club is also a joke.
    Seems to be full of complaints about VW and the launch. If VW want to comment on any post they request a PM. Comments from VW on the group seem very generic/ robot like.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

I collected my car last Saturday. Dealer didn't say anything about a code, he just said that VW bank would transfer the money into my account - same account the repayments are being taken from.

Repolho wrote: »
    I collected my car last Saturday. Dealer didn't say anything about a code, he just said that VW bank would transfer the money into my account - same account the repayments are being taken from.

I presume you still have to pay the 1st €75 of documentation fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

I presume you still have to pay the 1st €75 of documentation fees?

Yes, taken with the first payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

That's a neat feature for the frosty mornings. Is it via a phone app?

It’s a setting within the car info system

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    Alot of EV's have that, even since 2011.

The car has a mobile SIM card so you can communicate with it via a phone app to remotely activate heating.

They also have a timer built into the infotainment where you can set a schedule for cabin pre-heating for a set time everyday (if the car is plugged in). So, if you know you leave for work at 8am every morning you can set a departure time and depending on how cold it is outside it will start the heating far enough in advance to ensure it is fully heated by 8am.

The ID.3 1st takes 58kWh from 0-100% so 20-100% is 46kWh and there are some losses in the process so its actually closer to 50kWh that will be used to go from 20-100% and a decent night rate is current 7c/kWh so it would cost €3.50.

Thats pittance relative to the equivalent cost of diesel as it would add about 300km of range. You'd need 15-20 litres of diesel to get that range!

Thanks for that explanation! I'm still on "MPG"... I didn't even bother trying to figure out L/100kms so this is a whole new thing altogether. Can the computer in them be changed to MPG :pac:

I also looked at my last electric bill (Electric Ireland) and it looks like I could do a bit better with some other provider. It appears my night rate is around 8 cent a unit ex VAT (or over 10 cent inc VAT).

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Thanks, 1st piece of factual info:) I couldn’t get any information from my dealer:)

Unless all dealers are different that’s not how my ID plan is being processed. Paperwork all done and dusted, first payment of 33 by me is in January and no code/reimbursing me or anything like that.

Unless all dealers are different that’s not how my ID plan is being processed. Paperwork all done and dusted, first payment of 33 by me is in January and no code/reimbursing me or anything like that.

I guess I will find out on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Also the ID Plan quotes the VW dealer sent me only had 33 monthly payments on the paperwork. So I assume it's already done from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I don't have night rates or work charging and you won't find me driving with AC off and would use heated seats, pre-heating frequently so I'm probably worst case scenario for costs etc. An ID.3 getting 15.8kWh/100km with my 14.5c/kWh 24hr rates at 250km a week including 10% charger loss is €6.30 a week which would be €18.90 every 3 weeks compared to my usual €65-75 tank of petrol. That's very low, I must have calculated wrong?

DaveyDave wrote: »
    That's very low, I must have calculated wrong?

No, that's about right, get night rate and make it even cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Thanks for that explanation! I'm still on "MPG"... I didn't even bother trying to figure out L/100kms so this is a whole new thing altogether. Can the computer in them be changed to MPG :pac:

:pac:
    Im not talking about l/100km... its kWh which is the capacity of the battery (in petrol terms its akin to how big a petrol tank you have)... so nothing at all to do with mpg or l/100km! ;)

But on the mpg thing... some cars allow you to change from mpg to l/100km.... its car dependent though. Not sure if VW's or the ID.3 allow it.
    I also looked at my last electric bill (Electric Ireland) and it looks like I could do a bit better with some other provider. It appears my night rate is around 8 cent a unit ex VAT (or over 10 cent inc VAT).

Energia and Airtricity are usually one of the cheapest... use bonkers.ie and you'll see what suits you.
    DaveyDave wrote: »
    I don't have night rates or work charging and you won't find me driving with AC off and would use heated seats, pre-heating frequently so I'm probably worst case scenario for costs etc. An ID.3 getting 15.8kWh/100km with my 14.5c/kWh 24hr rates at 250km a week including 10% charger loss is €6.30 a week which would be €18.90 every 3 weeks compared to my usual €65-75 tank of petrol. That's very low, I must have calculated wrong?

A rough estimate is that whatever you pay in diesel, divide by 4(maybe even 5) for your equivalent EV cost so you are not far off the mark I'd say.

KCross wrote: »
    :pac:
    Im not talking about l/100km... its kWh which is the capacity of the battery (in petrol terms its akin to how big a petrol tank you have)... so nothing at all to do with mpg or l/100km! ;)

But on the mpg thing... some cars allow you to change from mpg to l/100km.... its car dependent though. Not sure if VW's or the ID.3 allow it.

I was kidding, but your explanation of how it works is great, thanks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Hey Guys - i'm test driving the id.3 on thursday - anyone know what the lead time is from signing now to getting the vehicle?

When I tested the Plus trim just over a week ago, I was told that there were 14 white Plus trim available in the system and that I'd be driving it away maximum of 2 weeks later. I asked about the white Plus. Other colours and trims were available too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

When I tested the Plus trim just over a week ago, I was told that there were 14 white Plus trim available in the system and that I'd be driving it away maximum of 2 weeks later. I asked about the white Plus. Other colours and trims were available too.

I was told the exact same. I think they were covering themselves a bit and basically said expect it in early October / end September but it could be here as early as next week.

Advertisement