Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Do you guys think that it will be possible to upgrade the battery pack from 58 to 77kwh after purchase. Given the meb platform would it not simply be a matter of slotting in the extra packs in the empty spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Do you guys think that it will be possible to upgrade the battery pack from 58 to 77kwh after purchase. Given the meb platform would it not simply be a matter of slotting in the extra packs in the empty spaces.

At about 6:00 in this video there is a short discussion on the layout of the battery packs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8cHHNPRg-c&t=376s
    What I take from the video is that the same battery casing is used for the small and medium battery pack but that the casing for the large battery pack is longer. If this were the case then it may be difficult to upgrade from medium to large battery pack.

I doubt it , hasn't been offered yet by any manufacturer, wouldn't be worth the cost either probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

pdpmur wrote: »
    At about 6:00 in this video there is a short discussion on the layout of the battery packs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8cHHNPRg-c&t=376s
    What I take from the video is that the same battery casing is used for the small and medium battery pack but that the casing for the large battery pack is longer. If this were the case then it may be difficult to upgrade from medium to large battery pack.

I guess the single case kills the idea. But maybe in 5/10 years time when battery tech improves and becomes a lot cheaper, the standardisation provided by the meb platform might allow third party battery packs at an affordable price point.

I'm guessing this should be a lot simpler for a skateboard type design vs an ice design with bits of the battery shoved wherever it'll fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Join the live stream and experience this exclusive event on September 9th at the new time of 19:00. (That's 8pm here)

Link to live stream https://volkswagen-newsroom.gomexlive.com/?lang=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

It’s finally here: The new ID.3 will celebrate its world premiere at the IAA in Frankfurt this evening.

Join our live stream from 19:00 to experience this exclusive event.

Discover new, fascinating innovations and details that have never been revealed before. Enjoy the show!

Your Volkswagen ID. Team

Got this in a email today ..

Join live stream

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

It’s 6pm Irish time. Looking forward now to seeing the full spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

CFC007 wrote: »

Are you sure... the VW website says 7:45 CEST, 5:45 UTC..... thats 6:45 Irish time... isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

The timezone is unclear. At the moment I just see a short placeholder video.

There are a couple of photos here, probably taken by someone during the setup

https://www.cochespias.net/GENERAL/topic/2019-volskwagen-id-c/page/3/

KCross wrote: »
    Are you sure... the VW website says 7:45 CEST, 5:45 UTC..... thats 6:45 Irish time... isnt it?

Yes we are UTC + 1 in Summer and equal in Winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

CFC007 wrote: »

Its on now?

Another hour to go it seems.

It's 7.45 it's on the link I posted earlier

What are people hoping to find out that they don't already know ?

Cost ?

What are people hoping to find out that they don't already know ?

Cost ?

What it looks like for a start. I know we've seen a good bit but not the whole package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Those voice overs

Could they not get a girl to voice a girl :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I used to be able to speak passable basic German. I could understand maybe 10-20% of what they were saying, that was preferable to this shíte.

I used to be able to speak passable basic German. I could understand maybe 10-20% of what they were saying, that was preferable to this shíte.

This is worse than a Uefa draw. Maybe they’ll bring out Maroon 5 to play a tune

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I hate this corporate nonsense

If they don't stfu and show the car in the next few minutes I'd be tempted to cancel my pre-order.

• Advertisement

Am I missing something or is the new logo exactly the same as the old one, just flat while ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Bring your daughter to work day in Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭quokula

Looks like that tag on her wrist is to stop her making a run for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Ahh lads. The inside is hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Could this unveiling be any more boring

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

That badge looks huge!

I don't like their 'honeycomb' either .... looks hideous on some of them.

..... and yes the inside of that white one was horrible looking to me.

Still if it does all it is supposed to do, and arrives at the right price, then I suppose a lot of these 'new looks' will become acceptable in the long run. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

It looks much better than I thought. Similar shape and size as the Leaf. But much sleeker.
    The sky blue is lovely.
    Interior is fantastic.
    This will sell (if they will deliver on the price promise).

That steering wheel... just no. The exterior is nice enough. I think it'll come down to price for me, the top gear video posted above has confirmed you'll need to option the car up to 200bhp from the 150bhp standard. I'm most interested in seeing how much they'll charge to go up a trim level or two, and to upgrade the electric motor. I was under the impression the 1st edition would get some options as standard that you'll need to option on the full production vehicle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

The interior is like a child’s fisher price car . Awful

Advertisement