Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

When you're able to spec them there will be an option for sport seats.

VW have done a lot right with the ID.3. It's a decent looking car, has some power and has good range. If it was the same price as a Golf I wouldn't mind the cheaper interior as the trade-off is a good EV offering but you're looking at around €5k more than a Golf, along with €10k of grants. Ideally the €10k grant should cover the extra cost of the battery tech and you wouldn't have to pay extra out of your own pocket.

I'd say a facelift or refresh in a few years to lift the interior would help and there'd potentially be more range again although I don't see the price going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

DaveyDave wrote: »
    When you're able to spec them there will be an option for sport seats.

VW have done a lot right with the ID.3. It's a decent looking car, has some power and has good range. If it was the same price as a Golf I wouldn't mind the cheaper interior as the trade-off is a good EV offering but you're looking at around €5k more than a Golf, along with €10k of grants. Ideally the €10k grant should cover the extra cost of the battery tech and you wouldn't have to pay extra out of your own pocket.

I'd say a facelift or refresh in a few years to lift the interior would help and there'd potentially be more range again although I don't see the price going down.

A 1.0TSI Golf Life with a DSG box is €29,800 according to their online configuration. That's with less power, front wheel drive, smaller wheels, non auto lights and wipers, and looks to have no driver aids either (unless I'm reading the site wrong?).

That's about €4,000 less than the First but if you add all the bits the First does have I'd imagine you'll get very close in price. Then add the fact that VW pay your first three payments on the First I'd guess the First works out slightly cheaper when comparing as similar spec as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Just spoke with dealer, my car just arrived in Ireland and should be delivered to me in 2 weeks. Exactly what he said a week ago. Next week he will tell me the same thing. Volkswagen's communication is horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 smith79

My dealer cant confirm a delivery date even though in the his latest Youtube tst Bob Flavin says that VW have surplus ID's in Ireland waiting for orders.

Anybody thinking of postponing till January and getting a non 1st ?

My dealer is exact same, has no idea when I might expect delivery, very poor communication, lots of chasing required on my behalf and no information forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fourthoffice

Folks, anybody having issues with insurance. We called AIG this morning as we are due to pick up the car at 12 noon today to transfer over the insurance to be told the ID.3 is not on their system. They said they will need to contact the underwriters and it may take 48 hours for the ID.3. to appear on AIG systems. Any suggestions gladly accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

smith79 wrote: »
    My dealer is exact same, has no idea when I might expect delivery, very poor communication, lots of chasing required on my behalf and no information forthcoming.
    I can actually see five id3's in my dealers yard, but he's telling me he is waiting for mine to arrive. Apparently it landed in Ireland on the 4th. I don't want to be pestering him but I've no car now, at least if I had a collection date I could plan to rent a car until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks, anybody having issues with insurance. We called AIG this morning as we are due to pick up the car at 12 noon today to transfer over the insurance to be told the ID.3 is not on their system. They said they will need to contact the underwriters and it may take 48 hours for the ID.3. to appear on AIG systems. Any suggestions gladly accepted.

Someone else had a similar issue with Aviva but Aviva just put it down as an eGolf until the ID3 appeared on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

TitianGerm wrote: »
    A 1.0TSI Golf Life with a DSG box is €29,800 according to their online configuration. That's with less power, front wheel drive, smaller wheels, non auto lights and wipers, and looks to have no driver aids either (unless I'm reading the site wrong?).

That's about €4,000 less than the First but if you add all the bits the First does have I'd imagine you'll get very close in price. Then add the fact that VW pay your first three payments on the First I'd guess the First works out slightly cheaper when comparing as similar spec as possible?

I'd be looking at a 1.5 Style DSG. Add wheels, IQ lights and a few other options and it would be around €36-37k OTR. The ID.3 Plus with sport seats would be €41k+. I do like the ID.3, I just think the interior could be a bit nicer for the money you're paying.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I do like the ID.3, I just think the interior could be a bit nicer for the money you're paying.

That's what's taken us to an el-born instead of the ID.3, it seems like they've used a better class of materials in the interior (at least from photos). It's not to say the ID.3 doesn't have an ok interior, but I feel the ID.3 interior is to the Golf, what the Kona is to the Ioniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

McHonda wrote: »
    I can actually see five id3's in my dealers yard, but he's telling me he is waiting for mine to arrive. Apparently it landed in Ireland on the 4th. I don't want to be pestering him but I've no car now, at least if I had a collection date I could plan to rent a car until then.

You're handing over a lot of money for that car, you've bought the right to pester the dealer as much as you want

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

liamog wrote: »
    That's what's taken us to an el-born instead of the ID.3, it seems like they've used a better class of materials in the interior (at least from photos). It's not to say the ID.3 doesn't have an ok interior, but I feel the ID.3 interior is to the Golf, what the Kona is to the Ioniq.

Is there still talk of the El Born? Last I heard was that it was coming out as a Cupra and that Seat won't be providing a direct ID.3 competitor.

I would love to be wrong. :)

Is there still talk of the El Born? Last I heard was that it was coming out as a Cupra and that Seat won't be providing a direct ID.3 competitor.

You're right, there was an article about it a while back

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2021-cupra-el-born-vw-group%E2%80%99s-first-ev-hot-hatch

I wonder if Seat weren't able to cut down the costs for the el-born like they do for other vehicles. They're usually a bit cheaper than the equivalent VW.

In that case going to the premium brand like Cupra makes sense, they can justify a higher price

Also there seems to be a general push by automakers to move their EVs into separate brand names (Polestar, Ioniq), so this could be the start of that

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Got 6 quotes for pcp 10-30% and ID plan - 0-10% for the base model with OTR price of €33715. ID plan is much more expensive...

Interest MonthlyAfter 3 month offer Difference from PCP10%
    PCP10% €2,495.18 €519.88 €935.54 €0.00
    PCP20% €2,290.80 €420.55. €1,029.15 €93.61
    PCP30% €2,088.94 €321.29 €1,125.07 €189.53
    IDPlan0% €2,886.36 €531.01 €1,293.33 €357.79
    IDPlan5% €2,790.11 €481.51 €1,345.58 €410.04
    IDPlan10%€2,686.30 €432.80 €1,387.90 €452.36

Interestingly, the GMFV has stayed the same after the vat drop. A mistake on the system?

Edit: added a screenshot

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Yep, that's it, wifey wants the Cupra El-Born. It just looks a bit more lush on the inside we'll see what happens when pricing appears

cupra-elborn-0298.jpg?itok=1ugFYpAq

Infotainment seemed pretty decent although we didn't get a chance to play around with it for long, my one complaint is that it might be a bit unintuitive at first glance. I always rate these things against a smartphone or a tablet, people can figure out smartphones very quickly even if they've never used them before, I feel car infotainment systems should be the same

I didn't get a chance to play around with the infotainment much either but I really wish one of the most basic of basic functions such as the radio had dedicated on off and channel presets so you don't have to flick through menus. I think auto engineers need to realise that not everything should exist in a menu.

You're right, there was an article about it a while back

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2021-cupra-el-born-vw-group%E2%80%99s-first-ev-hot-hatch

I wonder if Seat weren't able to cut down the costs for the el-born like they do for other vehicles. They're usually a bit cheaper than the equivalent VW.

In that case going to the premium brand like Cupra makes sense, they can justify a higher price

Also there seems to be a general push by automakers to move their EVs into separate brand names (Polestar, Ioniq), so this could be the start of that

I have to say though, that Cupra package looks very tempting. I wonder if they're still on track for 2021. Does Seat Ireland handle Cupra sales? I presume it does.

I didn't get a chance to play around with the infotainment much either but I really wish one of the most basic of basic functions such as the radio had dedicated on off and channel presets so you don't have to flick through menus. I think auto engineers need to realise that not everything should exist in a menu.

We were flicking through the saved channels using the steering wheel buttons. I don't mind having a menu on the touchscreen so long as there is a straightforward way to switch whilst driving.
    I have to say though, that Cupra package looks very tempting. I wonder if they're still on track for 2021. Does Seat Ireland handle Cupra sales? I presume it does.

They do, and there is a combo Cupra/SEAT garage in Airside. We're expecting to pay more for the Cupra than the equivalent VW.

They do, and there is a combo Cupra/SEAT garage in Airside. We're expecting to pay more for the Cupra than the equivalent VW.

Is there an equivalent VW? Maybe there would be if there was an ID.3 GTI.

I wouldn't mind paying more for the Cupra as it looks much better, how much more is the question.

We were flicking through the saved channels using the steering wheel buttons. I don't mind having a menu on the touchscreen so long as there is a straightforward way to switch whilst driving.

I don't know, I know loads of people like going through so many menus and if it's intuitive it's not so bad but an on/off switch/volume knob and some preset buttons is hardly much to expect ? going through stations on the steering wheel is one thing but knowing what station is set to any "physical" button is just so much less irritating than going through menus or scrolling on the steering wheel, If I don't want to scroll I'd like to be able to select station 1,2,3,4 directly.

At least in the i3, which also has menus there's a dedicated radio button at your finger tips, really easy to access.

Got 6 quotes for pcp 10-30% and ID plan - 0-10% for the base model with OTR price of €33715. ID plan is much more expensive...

Interest MonthlyAfter 3 month offer Difference from PCP10%
    PCP10% €2,495.18 €519.88 €935.54 €0.00
    PCP20% €2,290.80 €420.55. €1,029.15 €93.61
    PCP30% €2,088.94 €321.29 €1,125.07 €189.53
    IDPlan0% €2,886.36 €531.01 €1,293.33 €357.79
    IDPlan5% €2,790.11 €481.51 €1,345.58 €410.04
    IDPlan10%€2,686.30 €432.80 €1,387.90 €452.36

Interestingly, the GMFV has stayed the same after the vat drop. A mistake on the system?

Added some table tags for you

Let me know if any of the columns got moved by accident

|Interest|Monthly|After 3 month offer|Difference from PCP10%
    PCP10%|€2,495.18|€519.88|€935.54|€0.00
    PCP20%|€2,290.80|€420.55|€1,029.15|€93.61

PCP30%|€2,088.94|€321.29|€1,125.07|€189.53

IDPlan0%|€2,886.36|€531.01|€1,293.33|€357.79

IDPlan5%|€2,790.11|€481.51|€1,345.58|€410.04

IDPlan10%|€2,686.30|€432.80|€1,387.90|€452.36

• Advertisement

Is there an equivalent VW? Maybe there would be if there was an ID.3 GTI.

I wouldn't mind paying more for the Cupra as it looks much better, how much more is the question.

From the numbers shared so far, the Cupra is a cosmetic upgrade to the ID.3 Pro S. Though it remains to be seen what the final plans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Yep, that's it, wifey wants the Cupra El-Born. It just looks a bit more lush on the inside we'll see what happens when pricing appears

cupra-elborn-0298.jpg?itok=1ugFYpAq

Oh, that does look nice.

I think they want you to use the voice control for that, if only you could program custom responses :D

Wife: Hello ID, play spin 103.8
    Car: No way am I playing that ****e, here's some AC/DC

Added some table tags for you

Let me know if any of the columns got moved by accident

|Interest|Monthly|After 3 month offer|Difference from PCP10%
    PCP10%|€2,495.18|€519.88|€935.54|€0.00
    PCP20%|€2,290.80|€420.55|€1,029.15|€93.61

PCP30%|€2,088.94|€321.29|€1,125.07|€189.53

IDPlan0%|€2,886.36|€531.01|€1,293.33|€357.79

IDPlan5%|€2,790.11|€481.51|€1,345.58|€410.04

IDPlan10%|€2,686.30|€432.80|€1,387.90|€452.36

It's probably worth adding a deposit plus 33 months column to that table.
    Plan|Depostit Percentage|Deposit|Monthly|33 Months|Total (Deposit + 33 x Monthly)
    PCP10%|10%|€ 3,371.50|€ 519.88|€ 17,156.04|€ 20,527.54
    PCP20%|20%|€ 6,743.00|€ 420.55|€ 13,878.15|€ 20,621.15
    PCP30%|30%|€ 10,114.50|€ 321.29|€ 10,602.57|€ 20,717.07
    IDPlan0%|0%|€ -|€ 531.01|€ 17,523.33|€ 17,523.33
    IDPlan5%|5%|€ 1,685.75|€ 481.51|€ 15,889.83|€ 17,575.58
    IDPlan10%|10%|€ 3,371.50|€ 432.80|€ 14,282.40|€ 17,653.90

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

I don't know, I know loads of people like going through so many menus and if it's intuitive it's not so bad but an on/off switch/volume knob and some preset buttons is hardly much to expect ? going through stations on the steering wheel is one thing but knowing what station is set to any "physical" button is just so much less irritating than going through menus or scrolling on the steering wheel, If I don't want to scroll I'd like to be able to select station 1,2,3,4 directly.

At least in the i3, which also has menus there's a dedicated radio button at your finger tips, really easy to access.

When I test drove I just used the voice control, said the name of the station I wanted and it played. Then anything else you need is under your thumb on the steering wheel, so I found it really easy and intuitive to use, far more than reaching for buttons.

quokula wrote: »
    When I test drove I just used the voice control, said the name of the station I wanted and it played. Then anything else you need is under your thumb on the steering wheel, so I found it really easy and intuitive to use, far more than reaching for buttons.

I tried the voice control with a face mask on and it didn't understand me :D

Got it on the second go though

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Anyone know if there are any colours not available/sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fourthoffice

Anyone know if there are any colours not available/sold out?
    Picked up ours (moonstone) from the dealer today, he says there is very little demand for the turquoise, did not enquire if he had any but maybe worth a call.....Connolly’s Sligo

Picked up ours (moonstone) from the dealer today, he says there is very little demand for the turquoise, did not enquire if he had any but maybe worth a call.....Connolly’s Sligo

We were told the opposite in Frank Keane, there were no Turquoise available in the country :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

We were told the opposite in Frank Keane, there were no Turquoise available in the country :D

told that only white left..

Advertisement