Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Irish times review

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/volkswagen-id-3-a-full-blown-leap-into-the-electric-world-that-doesn-t-disappoint-1.4353812

“ Step up to the Plus grade and the price leaps to €39,770. Frankly, after inspecting the equipment list, it’s not worth the extra cash. And forget about the Max version at €46,610.”

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Irish times review

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/volkswagen-id-3-a-full-blown-leap-into-the-electric-world-that-doesn-t-disappoint-1.4353812

“ Step up to the Plus grade and the price leaps to €39,770. Frankly, after inspecting the equipment list, it’s not worth the extra cash. And forget about the Max version at €46,610.”

I'm being quoted 1K more than these prices..

I'm being quoted 1K more than these prices..

It excludes €800 delivery. The base price is €33715

It excludes €800 delivery. The base price is €33715

Also 1300 out on the new VW configurator on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just had a call from my dealer.

Car has arrived in. Can collect tomorrow evening if want, but have postponed till Monday due to work commitments.

Base 1st. White. Excited....:)

• Advertisement

Also 1300 out on the new VW configurator on their site.

Metallic paint? (I know it €1500 altogether)

that is with the metallic paint included on the configurator so taking the 800EUR delivery into the mix then its still 500EUR out. i'm going to talk to the dealer when i can be arsed - find having these conversations painful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

I have to say though, that Cupra package looks very tempting. I wonder if they're still on track for 2021. Does Seat Ireland handle Cupra sales? I presume it does.

Yep - new Formentor arriving in January closely followed by Cupra Leon PHEV and normal 2.0TSI petrol and Cupra Ateca facelift all in close succession - expect a big bang end of this year/january. All being distributed by Volkswagen Group Ireland too.

that is with the metallic paint included on the configurator so taking the 800EUR delivery into the mix then its still 500EUR out. i'm going to talk to the dealer when i can be arsed - find having these conversations painful...

Gap insurance? I was quoted €495, although I asked for quote. Otherwise I was given the otr price without any addons

Gap insurance? I was quoted €495, although I asked for quote. Otherwise I was given the otr price without any addons

Could be - I'm going to get them to quote out the machine.. 500EUR for insurance seems a lot; you'd expect that would be for the year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's Gap insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

119605215_2801109220126166_7697777602018902902_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=uVpFAr7bFI8AX_ThgBU&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&tp=14&oh=1506e183c443e99126ce3d0b0f4922a6&oe=5F8822AA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've a test drive booked for the 1.5 Golf MHEV and ID.3 next week when my own Golf is in for a service, it will be interesting to see them back to back. 2021 figures will of course be different and the purchase of PHEV/EV depends on whether the council will budge on allowing a charger to be installed outside my house but at least it will help me compare the two.

eHybrid due December/January, I have a lot of interesting homework to do!

If they allowed discount on the Plus to under €40k the Gap insurance would be €400. Assuming the price is the same as when I got my Golf, €300 for €20-30k, €400 for €30-40k etc.

What's Gap insurance?

Say in 6months you write it off or it gets stolen.
    you might owe 30k on it and its only worth 25k .
    Your insurance company will only give you the 25k.
    The gap insurance makes up the difference .
    Thats my understanding anyways.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Say in 6months you write it off or it gets stolen.
    you might owe 30k on it and its only worth 25k .
    Your insurance company will only give you the 25k.
    The gap insurance makes up the difference .
    Thats my understanding anyways.

Check your insurance, most will cover a new for new in the first year, so the gap insurance is really useful for years 2 and 3 of the finance term

liamog wrote: »
    Check your insurance, most will cover a new for new in the first year, so the gap insurance is really useful for years 2 and 3 of the finance term

The problem is that you can’t buy it when the vehicle is 1 yo.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The problem is that you can’t buy it when the vehicle is 1 yo.

I'm aware, but the post I was referring to indicated a write off after 6 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭st332

What's the sequence of events for getting a home charger grant.

My understanding is :
    1) Get car
    2) Apply for grant
    3) Only purchase & install charger once grant application is successful
    4) Submit details of installation to get money

I'm not getting a VW charger, looking at getting a Zappi instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

st332 wrote: »

My understanding is :
    1) Get car
    2) Apply for grant

My understanding of it is that you don't need 1). However don't think you will get grant paid until you have car..

st332 wrote: »

My understanding is :
    1) Get car
    2) Apply for grant

It’s 2,3,1,4. Tomorrow I’ll do both 1 and 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Irish times review

I think that considering dramatic APR drop on Plus version there could be a very small difference for those on PCP or ID.Plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Delighted to get the car after being to Germany (thanks to a comp from VW Ireland) and all these months waiting.
    Great service and transparency from Frank Keane VW. Happy customer

Deposit down - was able to get the grey in the end.. now looking at EV charge points - came across these guys - https://ecarinfra.ie/ - anyone used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Deposit down - was able to get the grey in the end.. now looking at EV charge points - came across these guys - https://ecarinfra.ie/ - anyone used them?

When do they expect your car?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    When do they expect your car?

Said i wasn't fussed as not trading my current one in but they think 2 weeks.. hes going to ring me tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭st332

eagerv wrote: »
    My understanding of it is that you don't need 1). However don't think you will get grant paid until you have car..
    It’s 2,3,1,4. Tomorrow I’ll do both 1 and 4.

The application asks "Are you named on the Vehicle Registration Certificate ?" not sure I can answer that correctly until the I've bought the car and it's registered in my name.

I've currently paid a (refundable) deposit only.
    I presume I can't therefore apply until a particular car is registered in my name.

It also asks for "Electric Vehicle Grant Application ID", which I don't have at this stage either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Said i wasn't fussed as not trading my current one in but they think 2 weeks.. hes going to ring me tomorrow.

Ah that's not to bad at all. Hopefully you won't be waiting to long.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Still waiting on a date myself, no confirmation yet. Ordered mid Summer.

September1 wrote: »
    I think that considering dramatic APR drop on Plus version there could be a very small difference for those on PCP or ID.Plan.

You still owe 7k more one way or another.

• Advertisement

You still owe 7k more one way or another.

If you buy the car outright yes, if you intend to do a ID.Plan with 0% deposit, the difference was around €2,500 over the term of the plan.

Advertisement