Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

liamog wrote: »
    If you buy the car outright yes, if you intend to do a ID.Plan with 0% deposit, the difference was around €2,500 over the term of the plan.

Yes, i was always plan to buy a car and will trade in late if needed. When i was ordering the car all plans had 4.9% with eye watering interest for the plus. So the base was the way to go. Now we have to pay more to get a cheaper car.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

heron_joe wrote: »
    Still waiting on a date myself, no confirmation yet. Ordered mid Summer.

Ordered in June, dealer eventually got back to me today - he is still looking in to it.

Hope it doesn't drag out into Oct or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

You still owe 7k more one way or another.

Assuming Plus is 42k and 1st is 35k, GMFV is 51%, APRs are respective 1.9% and 4.9% and this calculator is right http://www.pcp-calculator.com/PCP-loan-calculator.html then:

1st works out to be 601.29 pm
    Plus works out yo be 646.73 pm

Or 8% higher monthly for 20% more expensive car.

Seems rather expensive to me, 601 - 646 pm.

What Kms does this allow per year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Collected mine this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks great. Same spec as I've ordered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,033 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Looks lovely congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Best of luck, looks great even through the window:)
    Nice number btw....

eagerv wrote: »
    Best of luck, looks great even through the window:)
    Nice number btw....

I was always crap at taking photos 😂

Just registered the we connect ID app.
    I am correct in saying it’s has no function at the moment if the car isn’t charging?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Lovely. That grey is very nice, it’s very similar to what my BMW was (A ludicrously expensive Bmw “individual” colour) and similar to Audi’s Nardo grey that you only see on their RS cars. So it’s funny that is the free option on this car.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

In Bob Flavins review, he made the comment that the charger he used was free of charge? Are there public chargers out there that are still free to use? Perhaps they are council owned or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

heron_joe wrote: »
    In Bob Flavins review, he made the comment that the charger he used was free of charge? Are there public chargers out there that are still free to use? Perhaps they are council owned or something like that?

High power 150kW are free to use. For now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So my mum took possession of her ID.3 1st Plus yesterday, here's my first impressions:

She went for the turquoise and it looks brilliant, definitely not too 'out there' by any means. People were stopping to admire the car when we stopped in for a coffee

Interior looks great, everything seems high quality. Maybe it's not up to cars in the same price bracket, but it's way beyond anything I've owned.

The Infotainment definitely has some flaws. It stutters noticeably when starting the car but sorts itself out after about 20 seconds, not sure if this will affect other functions as I didn't get time to play around with it. Once it's warmed itself up it seems smooth and responsive. My main complaint about it is that whoever designed the UX should be shot. There's not much of an obvious 'flow' to everything and some functions are accessed in very not odd ways. for example to engage the Auto-hold you swipe down from the top but for air-con you tap the temperate icon over on the left.

I'm sure with 20 mins to play around you'd be sorted, but I don't think it's something you could just sit into and immediately feel like you know where everything is. I'm hoping with updates they'll be able to sort a lot of these issues.

BTW, I've never been impressed with any infotainment system in any car, they all seem to be a messy design. I haven't used the Tesla one but from what I've seen it's definitely the best in terms of UX, probably down to Tesla putting a lot of effort into it and constantly updating

In terms of driving, I didn't get a go yesterday but my mum was certainly impressed. She's coming from a Diesel Golf and has never driven an EV or automatic before. She doesn't seem to have had any issues getting used to the car on the way home.

I did get a short go on Wednesday and I was very impressed, lots of power and the steering seems to be nicely balanced. One thing I like is how 'planted' the car feels at low speeds but then it's quick off the line when needed. From my short drive I'd say that VW have tried to make the car feel more like an ICE vehicle, I guess to help people get used to the drive quickly.

Overall, she's delighted with her new car and I'm green with envy :D
    There's a few issues but for VW first model in the ID series I'd say they've done an excellent job. There's nothing on the car that can't be fixed with a software update and with luck VW will put a lot of effort into pushing out regular updates and listening to customer feedback.
    Hopefully she'll let me have a proper drive at some stage and I can test it out on the motorway

I'm more convinced than ever that the ID.3 is a great car and I'm very much looking forward to the ID.4 :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Got the car today! Really impressive power (coming from a 1.0 tsi dsg golf). I second that the main screen is really slow, hopefully it’ll be fixed after the update. Now, it’s time to go for a drive!

Got the car today! Really impressive power (coming from a 1.0 tsi dsg golf). I second that the main screen is really slow, hopefully it’ll be fixed after the update. Now, it’s time to go for a drive!

And don't forget a few pics..

Congrats..

Nice one, well wear! :)

Yeah fingers crossed the slowness is something that will be fixed soon. It seems like a issue booting up as after a few seconds it was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yeah fingers crossed the slowness is something that will be fixed soon. It seems like a issue booting up as after a few seconds it was fine

Indeed, Let’s hope they haven’t hobbled it with under spec hardware that won’t stand the test of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Not jealous at all :( Well wear lads, happy motoring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Collected mine today.20200918_145327.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭zg3409

st332 wrote: »
    The application asks "Are you named on the Vehicle Registration Certificate ?" not sure I can answer that correctly until the I've bought the car and it's registered in my name.

I've currently paid a (refundable) deposit only.
    I presume I can't therefore apply until a particular car is registered in my name.

It also asks for "Electric Vehicle Grant Application ID", which I don't have at this stage either.

You might need the grant reference for the car purchase. I suggest ringing seai as there can be weeks of delays in getting approval and then weeks waiting to get charger installed. There was a surge in demand when paid for AC charging was introduced, a surge when model 3 arrived and I expect a surge with ID3. You many survive granny charging for a few weeks but if your commute round trip is more than 140km you might fail to top up in 12 hours of granny charging between commutes. A proper charger is 3 to 4 times quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Wow, it looks much better in that colour than I thought it would.

Wear well.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Anyone had problem getting qr code in the car to connect with the app. Getting errors all the time

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Anyone had problem getting qr code in the car to connect with the app. Getting errors all the time

We were having issues yesterday in the dealership, two things the check:

1 - Swipe down from the top of the touchscreen and make sure "Offline Mode" is off. You should see the signal bars on the left side of the touchscreen has good signal

2 - Try again somewhere else. We weren't able to get it to work in the dealership but tried again 30 mins later in the coffee shop down the road and it worked then. I think the internet signal in the dealership wasn't great

My mum got some customer support numbers for VW, I'll see if I can get them if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

looks super in that colour ... enjoy!

Couple of photos

• Registered Users Posts: 20,033 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what colour is that one? looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cyrus wrote: »
    what colour is that one? looks great

That's Manganese Grey I think.

• Advertisement

Couple of photos

Great pics, looks great in the moonstone.
    Best wishes with car.

Advertisement