Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Spotter this today in Cork. Have to say the moonstone grey colour looks fantastic in the flesh.

My car is a celebrity now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My car is a celebrity now:)

How close was that abandoned trolley to hitting the car?

Took it for a drive to inniscarra and coachford today on rural cork roads. The car drives well, though bobbs a bit on small bumps like a bus. Reminded me xsara Picasso I had 6 years ago. I found that the best driving mode for driving on country roads was in sports mode in D as it gives stronger regen than in comfort D but less than comfort B. In town i drive in comfort b but its very easy to toggle between the modes. Had to turn off the lane assist as it was plain annoying. Predictive acc is great on the n roads not so much no smaller roads. It slows down to the speed limit but It did freak out on the bandon rb bypass towards the tunnel as it thought the speed limit was 80 and dropped the anchors, though the speed was 100. Probably a software glitch. Acceleration is great, though my wife doesn't like it as much - gives it a headache apparently. GOM behaves really strange, jumping up and down when stationary. Maybe another glitch. Overall consumption is ab 15kwh/100km of very mixed driving:) sounds ok to me.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How close was that abandoned trolley to hitting the car?

It was there when I parked although my wife told me to move it:) I didn't but next time I won't park next to a loose trolley. Just in a case.

Took it for a drive to inniscara today on rural cork roads. The car drives well, though bobbs a bit on small bumps, I bit like a bus. Reminded me xsara Picasso a bit. I found that the best driving mode for driving on country roads was in sports mode in D as it gives stronger regen than in comfort D but less than comfort B. In town i drive in comfort b but its very easy to toggle between the modes. Had to turn off the lane assist as it was plain annoying. Predictive acc is great on the n roads not so much no smaller roads. It slows down to the speed limit but It did freak out on the bandon rb bypass towards the tunnel as it thought the speed limit was 80 and dropped the anchors, though the speed was 100. Probably a software glitch. Acceleration is great, though my wife doesn't like it as much - gives it a headache apparently. GOM behaves really strange, jumping up and down when stationary. Maybe another glitch. Overall consumption is ab 15kwh/100 of very mixed driving:) sounds ok to me.

The main question is if you're enjoying the new car though?

• Advertisement

L-M wrote: »
    Proper order. Especially the way the car next to it is parked

My golf has a back up camera and park assist which id3 doesn't have so I'm having temporarily issues with parallel parking. I had to back out every time to see the lines:)

I would have found a new space, over the far side with nothing around!! There's a chance someone would cut the corner there and clip the front driver side.

The moment you'll park away from everyone some bellend will park next to you:)

The main question is if you're enjoying the new car though?

Absolutely;)

Absolutely;)

Great news :) you getting anyone coming over for a look or asking about the car?

Great news :) you getting anyone coming over for a look or asking about the car?

No but people do stare and VESS does attract attention:) I also think irish people to are too shy, plus the virus. Though I did see a women in ioniq almost breaking her neck starring at the car when I passed her on a narrow street in blackrock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭PaulRyan97

No but people do stare and VESS does attract attention:) I also think irish people to are too shy, plus the virus. Though I did see a women in ioniq almost breaking her neck starring at the car when I passed her on a narrow street in blackrock.

I did do a double take when I saw your car alright, saw the owner getting into it about a minute after I took the picture and assumed he'd thought I was up to no good.

Well wear though, cars looks fantastic. Must book my Golf in for a service to Blackwater Motors soon, might take one for a test drive, though I think I hear the new Golf GTE calling my name.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I know a lot of people are picking them up.

Are you getting the option of the 3 months first payments covered / 1000 for the charger? My dealer doesn’t seem to know about this, but I’ve actually read it in official press releases. So trying to get more proof on it anyways.

I just don’t want to be shortchanged when I pick up mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seant5215

Ddarcy

This was what I received from the Volkswagen Ireland id team, direct your dealer to them and you'll be sorted out.

If you have ordered your ID.3 1st and register it before the end of October, you will be eligible for the 1st Mover’s Club. If you choose to pay by cash you can avail of either:
    a) Up to €1,000 (incl. VAT) contribution towards your ID. Charger & Installation
    OR
    b) A 3 Year Service & Maintenance Plan
    Your Volkswagen retailer will be able to organise and assist on whichever option you opt for.

ddarcy wrote: »
    I know a lot of people are picking them up.

Are you getting the option of the 3 months first payments covered / 1000 for the charger? My dealer doesn’t seem to know about this, but I’ve actually read it in official press releases. So trying to get more proof on it anyways.

I just don’t want to be shortchanged when I pick up mine.

For pcp/Id plan - 3 months worth of payments should be transferred to your account 3 weeks after signing the contacts. We will see:)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

GOM behaves really strange, jumping up and down when stationary. Maybe another glitch.

What on earth is "GOM"?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

What on earth is "GOM"?

Guessometer

That’s interesting because both Chris from Battery Life and Bjorn have both seen the same behaviour on the GOM. I’m sure the upcoming software update will resolve this.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

For pcp/Id plan - 3 months worth of payments should be transferred to your account 3 weeks after signing the contacts. We will see:)

I have it done differently. First payment in Jan 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

GOM behaves really strange, jumping up and down when stationary. Maybe another glitch....

Battery life YouTube channel also reported odd behaviour there too... dash and infotainment showing different values and it dropping 2% without notice.

Clearly software algorithms not tied down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

kris_2021 wrote: »
    I have it done differently. First payment in Jan 2021.

Same here. 33 payments starting in January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

Irishjg wrote: »
    Guessometer

Ah, thanks!

I thought you sounded a bit relaxed about something that was jumping up and down: it sounded very alarming to me!

Mr Q wrote: »
    Same here. 33 payments starting in January

I guess we will see:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greenbin

seant5215 wrote: »
    Ddarcy

This was what I received from the Volkswagen Ireland id team, direct your dealer to them and you'll be sorted out.

If you have ordered your ID.3 1st and register it before the end of October, you will be eligible for the 1st Mover’s Club. If you choose to pay by cash you can avail of either:
    a) Up to €1,000 (incl. VAT) contribution towards your ID. Charger & Installation
    OR
    b) A 3 Year Service & Maintenance Plan
    Your Volkswagen retailer will be able to organise and assist on whichever option you opt for.

Does anyone know what the service costs are like? Haven’t got to discuss that with dealer yet. Not doing pcp so it’s either €1000 towards charger or the service plan. Wondering where the best value is? Hoping to pick mine up next week.

Greenbin wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the service costs are like? Haven’t got to discuss that with dealer yet. Not doing pcp so it’s either €1,000 towards charger or the service plan. Wondering where the best value is? Hoping to pick mine up next week.

In the menu on the car screen it states "Inspection in 697 days" so it is hard to see how you would get anywhere near €1,000 value from the servicing. Unless this changes as your mileage does rather than a set period.

I think there is also a service plan which includes tyres so if it is this plan that changes things. The 20s are at least €650 a set currently and the 18s €450 without fitting.

VW would need to clarify the details of the service plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,033 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

In the menu on the car screen it states "Inspection in 697 days" so it is hard to see how you would get anywhere near €1,000 value from the servicing. Unless this changes as your mileage does rather than a set period.

I think there is also a service plan which includes tyres so if it is this plan that changes things. The 20s are at least €650 a set currently and the 18s €450 without fitting.

Presume it’s the same but the audi service pack with the etron is 1k and includes a set of tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bjorn did 1000km in 10:48.

That's about midway between Model 3 LR and Kona, and only 18 minutes slower than an SR+.

Pretty good!

Little bit thirsty though, he predicts 250Wh/km in winter at 120kph.

Link to spreadsheet, not updated yet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V6ucyFGKWuSQzvI8lMzvvWJHrBS82echMVJH37kwgjE/edit?usp=drivesdk

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

I guess we will see:)

My dealer explained that the first base has 33 payments but the first plus customers have 36 with a refund for 3 months later.

McHonda wrote: »
    My dealer explained that the first base had 33 payments but the first plus customers has 36 with a refund for 3 months later.

That would make sense as different people seem to have been told different things. Mine is 33 payments and a standard 1st.

Strange from VW though

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

[url] https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/offers-and-products/new-car-offers/id-finance-and-care.html[/url]

I’d say it’s the most spec’d out offer, so would include tyres. So the “L” plan. I would probably skip that unless the id.3 eats through tyres...

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Bjorn did 1000km in 10:48.

Little bit thirsty though, he predicts 250Wh/km in winter at 120kph.

Link to spreadsheet, not updated yet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V6ucyFGKWuSQzvI8lMzvvWJHrBS82echMVJH37kwgjE/edit?usp=drivesdk

Could work out at at 230km Motorway winter range and add in another 180km from a 45 minute top up. That’s good enough for most people’s needs.

Advertisement