Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

Yesterday I turned on the climate set to 21C when outside temp was 12.5 and my range guesstimate instantly dropped by 30km (284km down to 254km). The attached chart (shared on fb) shows the correlation between the range and outside temp for cars with and w/o heat pump. For our cars at 12.5C the drop in range is ab 30km or 10%. Below 5C it might drop by 60 km or ab 20%.

The car is programmed to do this as soon as you press the heat, it's making the assumption that range will drop by this much when in fact it should only base this by the current draw from the battery. The first gen leaf did this, the updated version in late 2013 didn't and it was far more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

heron_joe wrote: »
    Same for me, due to reach Dublin Port at the weekend. For those of you who have already received it, any idea on lead time from port to collecting in dealers garage in the west?

I’m out west as well and that’s what i I have been told. He said early next week. I was told a few weeks the ferry was due in on this Friday/ Saturday. I’d assume more likely than not Wednesday at the earliest as checks etc need to be done from the ferry port to the dealership. I’ll probably arrange a Saturday pickup in fairness. I’m not in any real rush to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I spotted two of them in the wild yesterday in the space of an hour. A moonstone grey followed me from customs house to Barrow St and a White one passed me on Scholarstown Road. Both looked fantastic. It's a really good looking car on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

rx8 wrote: »
    I spotted two of them in the wild yesterday in the space of an hour. A moonstone grey followed me from customs house to Barrow St and a White one passed me on Scholarstown Road. Both looked fantastic. It's a really good looking car on the road.

I saw a Moonstone Grey for the first time in the tin, in Wexford today. The driver looked well pleased. :D

Good luck to all of the new ID.3 drivers out there. Wear well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Casati wrote: »
    The wind makes a massive difference to economy in my 2.0 diesel, especially at high speeds on motorway it could easily be 10% worse heading into the wind. It has to make the same kind of difference in an ev too? Presume the tests are all out and back

Would make an even bigger difference in an EV as they have so little energy on board I would think

Someone who worked in sales that changed his diesel to an EV once said when comparing them at 120km/h motorway speeds its

30kWh = €10 diesel
    60kWh = €20 diesel
    90kWh = €30 diesel

Made sense to me, easy to see what you need then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Got my ID.3 late afternoon, more than happy.:)

About 25km home N route with some dual carriageway at 100km/h and rest with traffic about 80/90 km/h. 12.6kWh/100km. Our Ioniq on same trip I reckon at same speeds would be about 11.5kWh/100km. But we did test the acceleration a good few times. So seems fairly efficient, but will know better tomorrow with a 90 km rural drive at 80km/h or less, where our Ioniq in this weather returns about 10kWh/100km.

It's firm on the road, but not uncomfortably. Nice suspension, the independent rear is more sporty than the Ioniq. Road noise on some surfaces a little higher than I expected, probably slightly higher than our Ioniq which is very quiet with new Primacy 4 tyres. But otherwise very refined.

Plenty of room, my lanky over 6 ft son found the back great. Seats comfortable and supportive, there is height adjustment for passenger side also, which I was not expecting. (It wasn't on the earlier pics of LHD base models).

The interior quality is far better than I expected, especially for the base version. Seats look quite nice and plastics even where hard look quite good.
    All in all it seems good value from €33715 on the road.

ipgJzMh.jpg

AvzCgQf.jpg

i84MOCv.jpg

ZO3ScYw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Looks class in that colour, especially from the side

Some car for 33k

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

eagerv wrote: »
    Got my ID.3 late afternoon, more than happy.:)

About 25km home N route with some dual carriageway at 100km/h and rest with traffic about 80/90 km/h. 12.6kWh/100km. Our Ioniq on same trip I reckon at same speeds would be about 11.5kWh/100km. But we did test the acceleration a good few times. So seems fairly efficient, but will know better tomorrow with a 90 km rural drive at 80km/h or less, where our Ioniq in this weather returns about 10kWh/100km.

It's firm on the road, but not uncomfortably. Nice suspension, the independent rear is more sporty than the Ioniq. Road noise on some surfaces a little higher than I expected, probably slightly higher than our Ioniq which is very quiet with new Primacy 4 tyres. But otherwise very refined.

Plenty of room, my lanky over 6 ft son found the back great. Seats comfortable and supportive, there is height adjustment for passenger side also, which I was not expecting. (It wasn't on the earlier pics of LHD base models).

The interior quality is far better than I expected, especially for the base version. Seats look quite nice and plastics even where hard look quite good.
    All in all it seems good value from €33715 on the road.

ipgJzMh.jpg

AvzCgQf.jpg

i84MOCv.jpg

ZO3ScYw.jpg

I think that's the car the dealer let me look inside of to show me the difference between the Plus and First.

Is the white not a metallic colour? I thought that was extra on top of the €33715?

Best of luck with the new car though. Maybe we'll have a Wexford ID3 group when we're all sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Did any of the new owners get €1000 from VW towards the cost of the charger?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think that's the car the dealer let me look inside of to show me the difference between the Plus and First.

Is the white not a metallic colour? I thought that was extra on top of the €33715?

Best of luck with the new car though. Maybe we'll have a Wexford ID3 group when we're all sorted!!

Yes the metallic white (Even though there is no metallic sparkle like Tesla white) costs about €725 extra. I did say from €33715..:)

Probably same car you sat in, wondering where the finger prints came from, lol.:)

The first ID.3 they have let out in Waterford. Must all meet up sometime....

• Advertisement

Yes the metallic white (Even though there is no metallic sparkle like Tesla white) costs about €725 extra. I did say from €33715..:)

Probably same car you sat in, wondering where the finger prints came from, lol.:)

I only asked if it was metallic as I got quoted €33715 with Moonstone Grey which I thought was a non metallic paint so cheaper?

Not the one I was shown inside then if you bought in Waterford. I was in Wexford and assumed that's where you got yours on the WX reg and the New Ross bridge in the background.

And i3 owners of course, well it does have a 3 in the name haha. :D

Well wear looks great, I really do prefer the darker dash, pity it's not available in the + yet.

I only asked if it was metallic as I got quoted €33715 with Moonstone Grey which I thought was a non metallic paint so cheaper?

Not the one I was shown inside then if you bought in Waterford. I was in Wexford and assumed that's where you got yours on the WX reg and the New Ross bridge in the background.

I haven't yet seen a Moonstone, but looks great in pics. I'm easy with all the colours, but like white for safety reasons and also generally looks good when fairly dirty (Being lazy):).

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Moonstone is a no cost option I chose;)
    Will try to setup the preheating tonight. No idea how is it going to work with pulsar plus. I couldn’t get it to schedule a charging session last time:)

Moonstone is a no cost option I chose;)
    Will try to setup the preheating tonight. No idea how is it going to work with pulsar plus. I couldn’t get it to schedule a charging session last time:)

What was the OTR price of yours then? Am I being overcharged or did eagerv get undercharged?

And i3 owners of course, well it does have a 3 in the name haha. :D

Well wear looks great, I really do prefer the darker dash, pity it's not available in the + yet.

No PHEV's allowed though.........:D:D:D

My Dublin route is equidistant whether via Carlow or Gorey so now have a good selection of Ionity chargers so must remember to leave with not too much battery to use some of my free charging..:)

One good thing with the darker dash is that there was no reflections on my sunny trip home.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

What was the OTR price of yours then? Am I being overcharged or did eagerv get undercharged?

He paid extra €724 (old VAT price) my OTR is €33715.

He paid extra €724:)

Nevermind I clearly can't read :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Well wear Eagerv looks fabulous. Looking forward to your posts on winter and spring performances. The more info you can give us the better. Congrats Sir.

Irishjg wrote: »
    Well wear Eagerv looks fabulous. Looking forward to your posts on winter and spring performances. The more info you can give us the better. Congrats Sir.

Thanks Irishjg, I love figures and efficiency, probably a bit ocd in reality, so i will tell warts and all:)

• Advertisement

The car looks really well in white with the black highlights to set it off. Wear well and I'm sure you'll enjoy every trip in it.

I might join the Wexford ID.3 collective when configuration starts next month. :D

The car looks really well in white with the black highlights to set it off. Wear well and I'm sure you'll enjoy every trip in it.

I might join the Wexford ID.3 collective when configuration starts next month. :D

Hope they improve the software by then... Not good atm, but expect continuous improvements. Pity they didn't learn from the Koreans.:)
    Brought for a drive last night (Basic lights good, auto dip/high beam function works much better than my previous Honda). But trip info was totally wrong, after turning on and off twice it came right! To reset trip is over complex having to go through multiple screens.. And every time I swipe the screen from right to left the radio station changes..

And the We Connect id app is very poor presently, cannot find any way to change to km. (In miles)

Off to Kilmore Quay shortly from west Co Wexford, will be a good test for efficiency, you know what the roads are like...

Have any of the new owners had time to try out the voice commands? I'd be very interested to hear how extensive and functional they are.

I know the "my bum is cold" one works as the dealer used this one when I was in the car. :D

Hope they improve the software by then... Not good atm, but expect continuous improvements. Pity they didn't learn from the Koreans.:)
    Brought for a drive last night (Basic lights good, auto dip/high beam function works much better than my previous Honda). But trip info was totally wrong, after turning on and off twice it came right! To reset trip is over complex having to go through multiple screens.. And every time I swipe the screen from right to left the radio station changes..

And the We Connect id app is very poor presently, cannot find any way to change to km. (In miles)

Off to Kilmore Quay shortly from west Co Wexford, will be a good test for efficiency, you know what the roads are like...

The hotel as you come into Kilmore Quay has a pair of Tesla destination chargers if you fancy stopping for lunch. The one on the left as you look at them is for non Tesla cars, but fast it isn't. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ROSSWATSON

More than 6 weeks lead time to get ELLI charger installed and that's after completing all checks !

The hotel as you come into Kilmore Quay has a pair of Tesla destination chargers if you fancy stopping for lunch. The one on the left as you look at them is for non Tesla cars, but fast it isn't. :D

Yes the Coast Hotel, never seen them in use.
    The Harbour power points also work but you would need an adapter for your Granny charger. I have a Marina berth, but would need a very long extension cable....:)

ROSSWATSON wrote: »
    More than 6 weeks lead time to get ELLI charger installed and that's after completing all checks !

Can you order the charger before you apply for the SEAI grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ROSSWATSON

Don't see why not; though I had my Grant letter first, it only took a few days for it to come through.

ROSSWATSON wrote: »
    Don't see why not; though I had my Grant letter first, it only took a few days for it to come through.

But to apply for the Grant do you not have to own the car?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

But to apply for the Grant do you not have to own the car?

You can apply for the grant when the SEAI grant for the car purchase has been approved, you will then be approved for the charge point install grant. After the charge point is installed, you can then receive the grant money for the charge point, but you will need to confirm the car is received VIN/Reg.

Advertisement