Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ok, it appears to also come with a fairly standard looking interior colour scheme:

volkswagen-id-3-2019.jpg

Loads more photos here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

That second screen looks really bad. Not integrated into the dash at all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

EEC5lfbUwAA4mo2?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EEC5lfbVAAAG6EO?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Registered Users Posts: 28,020 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That second screen looks really bad. Not integrated into the dash at all

There looks to be a third screen down to the left as well for the lights.

I like the black much more than that brown/white combo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Any sign of the HUD?

My move to go for the eGolf might not be the worst decision ever :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Watched the launch and a review from topgear and autogefuhl and am a 1st reserver. Not too impressed with the outside and that hideous inside main screen is off-putting. Will be cancelling and going for a second hand i3s Rex.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

That steering wheel... just no. The exterior is nice enough. I think it'll come down to price for me, the top gear video posted above has confirmed you'll need to option the car up to 200bhp from the 150bhp standard. I'm most interested in seeing how much they'll charge to go up a trim level or two, and to upgrade the electric motor. I was under the impression the 1st edition would get some options as standard that you'll need to option on the full production vehicle?
    Nope that's not the case. No free options AFAIK.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Any sign of the HUD?

Except for the recent price decreases. Was surprised u went for the egolf as its old tech.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

The interior is like a child’s fisher price car . Awful

It reminds me of that sketch draw toy I had as a kid. Truly woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Exterior is ... ok ... ish. Interior no no f**k no ��

• Advertisement

Holy sh1t ! I wasn't expecting this to be honest !

Those screens look like an afterthought !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

The exterior is nice, black would look well with the right wheels-plus it would hide the black pedestrian safety thing under the windscreen.. The dark interior I could live with. From the Autogefühl video, nearly all the buttons and controls seem to be crappy capacitive touch type-similar to the Lexus IS HVAC controls; I still think proper buttons and knobs are much better/less distracting than touch.

The outside is actually not bad just seeing it now but have to say I much prefer the interior of the i3.

Any indication on price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

Holy sh1t ! I wasn't expecting this to be honest !

Those screens look like an afterthought !

Agreed. It looks like an i3 and a Leaf had a baby and the baby puked up a Kia interior. Really disappointing. I had hoped this would be a continuation of the E-Golf, i.e. an electric car that doesn't look like an electric car/Fisher Price toy.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

My Colleague in work is heading over to the Frankfurt show...I told him to send me loads of pics!
    My garage is Sinnott Autos Wicklow Town

pobber1 wrote: »
    Agreed. It looks like an i3 and a Prius had a baby and the baby puked up a Kia interior. Really disappointing. I had hoped this would be a continuation of the E-Golf, i.e. an electric car that doesn't look like an electric car/Fisher Price toy.

I wasn't fond of the i3 , that is until I actually sat in it and drove it, it blew me away. A test drive on Galway roads convinced me to buy it it was so much fun so I bought it, it was a big step up from the Leaf.

Maybe when people sit in the ID.3 they might actually like it too , it should be a fun car to drive with 200 Hp of electric power, RWD will make all the difference as I know in the i3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Any sign of the HUD?

They showed the HUD on the intro video. Just arrows on the horizon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭scooby77

Have to say I like it, looks spacious and comfy. Top Gear guy mentioned future AWD drive for that model. Know it coming in Crozz, but haven't seen it referenced elsewhere for 3??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭quokula

scooby77 wrote: »
    Have to say I like it, looks spacious and comfy.

I agree with that, looks really airy and comfortable. I've no issue with the style. My only concern is the touch sensitive buttons which are likely to be less tactile when you reach for them while keeping your eyes on the road, but hopefully the haptic feedback does a good job of compensating for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

The white interior is a bit clunky and childlike/too futuristic. It was the blending in ability of the eGolf that attracted me to it in the first place.

The ID3 exterior is nice. Looks like a nice car, but you’d have to go for the black interior if there was a choice. Main screen does look stuck on to the dash. Was expecting a better cabin to be honest. If they could get a bigger battery pack into the eGolf that would be great, but it’s probably at capacity for space in that current frame.

AWD and 400 HP and I'd say a lot more people would be interested , myself included, that is if it would be cheaper than a Model 3 lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I like the external looks particularly in the non-white colours shown here....

Hard to tell on the interior until you get yourself into it.

Still no sign of any specs other than what we already know. Are we expecting further info later in the week on the exact specs and options etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭scooby77

AWD and 400 HP and I'd say a lot more people would be interested , myself included, that is if it would be cheaper than a Model 3 lol.

Definitely and could include me in that...was thinking Crozz or Skoda Vision for AWD...but would imagine would get top spec AWD ID 3 for same money as basic spec of either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

The white interior is a bit clunky and childlike/too futuristic. It was the blending in ability of the eGolf that attracted me to it in the first place.

The ID3 exterior is nice. Looks like a nice car, but you’d have to go for the black interior if there was a choice. Main screen does look stuck on to the dash. Was expecting a better cabin to be honest. If they could get a bigger battery pack into the eGolf that would be great, but it’s probably at capacity for space in that current frame.

The blue pre production car had a black interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Its bastard offspring of a Leaf and I3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

gooner99 wrote: »
    The blue pre production car had a black interior.

I’d like the white car with the black interior I think. But would need to see it in person.

scooby77 wrote: »
    Definitely and could include me in that...was thinking Crozz or Skoda Vision for AWD...but would imagine would get top spec AWD ID 3 for same money as basic spec of either!

We'll keep dreaming for now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Just watched top gear YouTube video, interior is shockingly bad, screen in middle dash is hideous with massive bezels and plastic finish. 'gear' selector is something different but looks flimsy and unnecessary. Will probably sell lots but I think I'll be getting refund unless there's a really compelling deal not to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Except for the recent price decreases. Was surprised u went for the egolf as its old tech.

It’s old tech is better than majority of cars on the market....

What’s the new tech ?

Advertisement