Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Can you order the charger before you apply for the SEAI grant?

No, you need to have the letter of offer from SEAI before ordering, any purchases or works before that won't be eligible for the grant

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

When i was buying my eGolf i applied for the charger grant before i got the car. I just put in 192 XX 000 as the reg of the car.

But to apply for the Grant do you not have to own the car?

You can apply before you own the car, you'll need to send a copy of the cars registration cert when requesting the funds from SEAI

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

liamog wrote: »
    You can apply for the grant when the SEAI grant for the car purchase has been approved, you will then be approved for the charge point install grant. After the charge point is installed, you can then receive the grant money for the charge point, but you will need to confirm the car is received VIN/Reg.

Ok thanks for that. I assume I'm a bit away from getting a VIN seeing that my car isn't due until November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Ok thanks for that. I assume I'm a bit away from getting a VIN seeing that my car isn't due until November.

Which version did you end up ordering?

• Advertisement

Mr Q wrote: »
    Which version did you end up ordering?

First in Moonstone Grey. Dealer said November but possibly October.

First in Moonstone Grey. Dealer said November but possibly October.

Best of luck with it. The colours were limited but they are all really nice in the flesh

Best of luck with it. The colours were limited but they are all really nice in the flesh

That's actually the colour I wanted. Didn't even realize it was a free colour at the time v

Not sure if anyone has posted but Chris from Battery life did the 1000km challenge in an ID.3 plus.

Managed it in 10.5 hours, pretty respectable time I'd say. Car didn't seem to have any issues with rapidgating as it managed 100kW at every charger, which is a definite plus for long journeys.

I thought it was funny how he said there's no advantage to the autobahn. That definitely mirrors what I've heard from others that between speed limits, traffic and roadworks you're rarely able to go faster on the autobahn than other roads.

Also a definite showcase for having a proper high power fast charging network, I'd hate to try that journey with our measly 50kW semi functional chargers

eagerv wrote: »

And the We Connect id app is very poor presently, cannot find any way to change to km. (In miles)

Miles for me too but the car was in miles when I setup the app, wonder if this has caused this.

Also the % charge on the app seems to be in 5% increments and often doesn't match what the car states in the menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just completed my first gentle 45km rural drive, max 80km/h speed limit, but 60-70 most of time.

Trip says 11.3kWh/100km. Not bad considering had the heater on low at start, temperatures have really dropped today. Ioniq I guess would be about 10.3 for same trip. Wind was gentle crosswind, altitude same start and finish.

Happy so far with efficiency, looks as though 500km easily achievable with gentle rural driving. Higher speed will be a different matter, cannot see it being so close to our Ioniq.

Voice commands atm are terrible, hope they will improve. The sat nav is very messy, couldn't even find my destination. Hope I will get used to it, the built in Garmin in my old Honda was far more user friendly. At least we will get Android Auto/Apple car play eventually.

But love the car to drive..:)

Miles for me too but the car was in miles when I setup the app, wonder if this has caused this.

Also the % charge on the app seems to be in 5% increments and often doesn't match what the car states in the menu.

It seems to be a work in progress atm, my car is of course in km. But no way to change in App. I set it up using the Q code in setup menu in car. Dealer showed me at garage but wouldn't work there. Eventually it worked last night.

Just completed my first gentle 45km rural drive, max 80km/h speed limit, but 60-70 most of time.

Trip says 11.3kWh/100km. Not bad considering had the heater on low at start, temperatures have really dropped today. Ioniq I guess would be about 10.3 for same trip. Wind was gentle crosswind, altitude same start and finish.

Happy so far with efficiency, looks as though 500km easily achievable with gentle rural driving. Higher speed will be a different matter, cannot see it being so close to our Ioniq.

Voice commands atm are terrible, hope they will improve. The sat nav is very messy, couldn't even find my destination. Hope I will get used to it, the built in Garmin in my old Honda was far more user friendly. At least we will get Android Auto/Apple car play eventually.

But love the car to drive..:)

Glad you're enjoying it, you'll need to give us a motorway test soon :D

Glad you're enjoying it, you'll need to give us a motorway test soon :D

We are not blessed with such modern conveniences...:D

But hopefully in next week or so I will get the chance..

I haven't really got into the menus properly yet, but have been playing around a bit with regen and so far very happy with it. You can more or less have it as you want with the driving modes.

In comfort mode, my favourite so far, there appears to be zero regen when in D, If you want stronger just turn selector to B. There also appears to be some sort of smart regen when in this mode, I noticed regen increase when approaching speedlimits. (I had limiter off).

In sport mode its quite like our Ioniq at level 1 when in D. In B its similar to level 2 in Ioniq.

Looks as though you can set up how you like it in Individual mode. More playing needed....

I haven't really got into the menus properly yet, but have been playing around a bit with regen and so far very happy with it. You can more or less have it as you want with the driving modes.

In comfort mode, my favourite so far, there appears to be zero regen when in D, If you want stronger just turn selector to B. There also appears to be some sort of smart regen when in this mode, I noticed regen increase when approaching speedlimits. (I had limiter off).

In sport mode its quite like our Ioniq at level 1 when in D. In B its similar to level 2 in Ioniq.

Looks as though you can set up how you like it in Individual mode. More playing needed....

There's a smart regen setting in the eco assist menu I think, it varies the regen depending on traffic or something. Maybe that's what you noticed?

There's a smart regen setting in the eco assist menu I think, it varies the regen depending on traffic or something. Maybe that's what you noticed?

Possibly, haven't got that far yet...

I felt totally at home driving the car after a few mins, but I am still confused with the info system after about 2 hours use. I am normally pretty good with the technical stuff...

Possibly, haven't got that far yet...

I felt totally at home driving the car after a few mins, but I am still confused with the info system after about 2 hours use. I am normally pretty good with the technical stuff...

You're not alone, I didn't get a chance to play around with it properly but the UX design is a bit all over the place. Some settings are located in very bizarre locations :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is there anything worth looking out for during my test drive this week? Efficiency goals, best drive mode etc. I have a 15km loop mapped out which would be a good indication of urban driving with light traffic.

I drive a DSG Golf so I already coast quite a bit and would frequently have ACC on, I generally take it pretty handy.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Is there anything worth looking out for during my test drive this week? Efficiency goals, best drive mode etc. I have a 15km loop mapped out which would be a good indication of urban driving with light traffic.

I drive a DSG Golf so I already coast quite a bit and would frequently have ACC on, I generally take it pretty handy.

Other cars and pedestrians? Also, walls and other obstructions ;)

Jokes aside, just look out for how the car drives and how you feel about it. The EV stuff is all well documented here and there's plenty of experienced people here to help out.

Main questions:
    1. Does the range cover your daily commute?
    2. Can you get a home charger?
    3. Are you happy with likely having to stop for a 30-40 min recharge when doing long road trips?

• Advertisement

DaveyDave wrote: »

Make sure it's in Sport mode and enjoy..;)

Unable to get We Connect App to show in km, so phoned VW App customer service and unfortunately will be in miles until next update, hopefully soon.

We are using the UK app version apparently.

Very helpful customer service though, he could see my VIN and joked that my car was born on the 1st of September and literally must have gone straight from factory to shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Unable to get We Connect App to show in km, so phoned VW App customer service and unfortunately will be in miles until next update, hopefully soon.

We are using the UK app version apparently.

Very helpful customer service though, he could see my VIN and joked that my car was born on the 1st of September and literally must have gone straight from factory to shipment.

My app shows in km?

kris_2021 wrote: »
    My app shows in km?

Interesting. Which app are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Interesting. Which app are you using?

We connect id. And funny thing it is showing egolf instead of id3 %)

kris_2021 wrote: »
    We connect id. And funny thing it is showing egolf instead of id3 %)

Yes that's the same app I am using (Also shows a pic of E-Golf). Might uninstall and try again.
    He tried to connect my VIN to the old We Connect app but wouldn't allow the ID.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Yes that's the same app I am using (Also shows a pic of E-Golf). Might uninstall and try again.
    He tried to connect my VIN to the old We Connect app but wouldn't allow the ID.3.

In my car the dist. remaining/ traveled was in miles, I was able to change it in the car menu, maybe it is tied to that

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Maerlokw

Received my car today, very happy as well. Has anyone been able to setup and activate the Elli We Charge card? I try to go into We Charge from the app, select charging on the go, then select the plan which has the 2,000 KWh free it loads and says Oops try again later. So can't get my free charging all working. Any suggestions?

In my car the dist. remaining/ traveled was in miles, I was able to change it in the car menu, maybe it is tied to that

Mine is in km in car. Can you remember where the menu for changing it is?

• Advertisement

Maerlokw wrote: »
    Received my car today, very happy as well. Has anyone been able to setup and activate the Elli We Charge card? I try to go into We Charge from the app, select charging on the go, then select the plan which has the 2,000 KWh free it loads and says Oops try again later. So can't get my free charging all working. Any suggestions?

Congrats, enjoy.

My We Charge card setup worked first time last night, using the same selection as you used. I think I used my PC, perhaps I was just lucky.
    I also activated the card, which perhaps I shouldn't have done as could be a while before I will be using Ionity.

Correction, I used the app to set up We Charge card

Advertisement