Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I have free charging also in work at 7kw. So not too bad.
    I’m also getting a walk charger for home. Had a call today from Bord Gais who will be installing it.
    Nice lady asked me if I wanted to allow electric shower to be used at the same time as charger.
    €115 extra charge. Otherwise I was told they would have to throttle the wall charger down to 3.6kw permanently. Does Anyone else have experience with this ?

It's a priority switch. A typical house cannot provide enough electricity to charge at 7kw and use a shower at 9kw so the priority switch will give the shower priority and stop the car charging while it is in use.

Easy solution change the electric shower to pumped only, if you have central heating there is no need to waste electricity heating water when there is usually a tank full of hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

JPA wrote: »
    It's a priority switch. A typical house cannot provide enough electricity to charge at 7kw and use a shower at 9kw so the priority switch will give the shower priority and stop the car charging while it is in use.

If you're going for the VW box, from what I understand, it has built in load balancing. The extra bit needed is a CT clamp that goes on the main line into your fusebox/meter and connects to the charger. It measures the current being drawn is reaching a preset level it reduces the charging speed to stay under the limit.

I picked up my car earlier in the week. Very happy so far but haven't had much chance to test yet. The only bug I've noticed so far is that on one occasion the reversing camera wouldn't come on. It fixed itself after going in and out of the screen a few times. Voice commands are slow compared to Alexa or even Siri and it seems quite easy to accidentally trigger the wake word.

I had my first charge at Lidl. It drew 11.2 kW as expected. The only problem was as a charging noob I had to grab the manual to find how to disconnect the cable from the car. I'll try my We Charge card on a Circle K 50 kW charger later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭zg3409

I have free charging also in work at 7kw. So not too bad.
    I’m also getting a walk charger for home. Had a call today from Bord Gais who will be installing it.
    Nice lady asked me if I wanted to allow electric shower to be used at the same time as charger.
    €115 extra charge. Otherwise I was told they would have to throttle the wall charger down to 3.6kw permanently. Does Anyone else have experience with this ?

They might install a different model charger or an extra board inside the charger with a current clamp elsewhere. At least they are asking before they install rather than on the day. Shop around as quotes vary a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greenbin

Picked ours up yesterday. First long drive on commute this morn. Mix of motorway, N & R roads. Really great drive but lane keep assist def doesn’t work well on R roads. Must turn off before return journey.
    Will post some range data tonight and try public charging for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

If you're going for the VW box, from what I understand, it has built in load balancing. The extra bit needed is a CT clamp that goes on the main line into your fusebox/meter and connects to the charger. It measures the current being drawn is reaching a preset level it reduces the charging speed to stay under the limit.

I picked up my car earlier in the week. Very happy so far but haven't had much chance to test yet. The only bug I've noticed so far is that on one occasion the reversing camera wouldn't come on. It fixed itself after going in and out of the screen a few times. Voice commands are slow compared to Alexa or even Siri and it seems quite easy to accidentally trigger the wake word.

I had my first charge at Lidl. It drew 11.2 kW as expected. The only problem was as a charging noob I had to grab the manual to find how to disconnect the cable from the car. I'll try my We Charge card on a Circle K 50 kW charger later.

I had the same problem this morning, clicking the open button on remote control twice worked.

Will be interesting to hear how the charging works on non Ionity through your We Charge card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Has anyone had an issue with the ACC? This morning was the third time that it was deactivated when driving the car.

I just got in the car as normal but it didn't work for the whole trip. When I press the steering wheel button I get "ACC is deactivated" pop up on the screen. Very annoying and randomly happening

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Mr Q wrote: »
    Has anyone had an issue with the ACC? This morning was the third time that it was deactivated when driving the car.

I just got in the car as normal but it didn't work for the whole trip. When I press the steering wheel button I get "ACC is deactivated" pop up on the screen. Very annoying and randomly happening

I had it 1st time today. The button for acc stopped responding altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,170 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just had the first spin in my one, won't have it for a few days needs to be registered etc, plenty of pick up in it, feels effortless to drive. Surprised at how easy I could get the back out with a quick press of the play pedal on a roundabout. There's no mistaking it's RWD. Feels well planted around bends and soaks up the bumps well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mikeucc

Managed to mess up registering my car on the app.
    I put in the incorrect VIM, no way to remove it , quiet annoying as it pops up every time I open the app asking me to complete registration

I have the my car registered as well, but really want the incorrect one gone, anybody know how to remove it?

• Advertisement

Did you try deleting and reinstalling the app...or if you go into where the car is shown in the garage there's a plus symbol at the top tap that to add another VIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

should have the car within 2 week. Anyone know about the 'first movers' club - the dealer doesn't know much but my understanding is you get;

1 year free Electric from Ionity
    &
    Servicing & Tyres
    OR
    1000 off the charger via VW?

Is that correct? what do i need to get this (is it the dealer i need to push)?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

should have the car within 2 week. Anyone know about the 'first movers' club - the dealer doesn't know much but my understanding is you get;

&
    Servicing & Tyres
    OR

Seems correct. You should have the option of 3 months free payments as well.

When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

&
    Servicing & Tyres
    OR

The €600 /2000kwh electricity comes with the car. Then you have three options.
    3 months payments if taking Finance
    Or
    €1000 towards a charger, you should also get an SEAI grant of €600 towards this.
    Or top tier service plan for three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Based on the results for the 58kwh ID3 it seems that the long range ID3 would be able to match the time of the Model 3 for his 1000km test.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Are many people driving with normal comforts on? AC for auto climate, heated seat, driving at the speed limit etc.

I have zero interest in limiting my use of air con, heated seats etc. Curious to see what sort of range people get in those circumstances.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Are many people driving with normal comforts on? AC for auto climate, heated seat, driving at the speed limit etc.

I have zero interest in limiting my use of air con, heated seats etc. Curious to see what sort of range people get in those circumstances.

It's not ac, heated seats and AC that matter much these days it's the wind resistance, wet roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

DaveyDave wrote: »

I drive in eco mode with auto climate set to 20C, heated the seat and the steering wheel for a while. The range on the app now is 267km for soc of 65% (though it could be 65-69% as it shown in 5% increments). The weather def makes a difference. Yesterday on the way to work the consumption was 15.2kwh/100km (dry, 13.5C), today 17.8kwh/100km (wet, windy, 8-9). Yesterday returning home i got 12.5kwh/100km (mainly downhill, dry, 12.5C). Interesting what will be the consumption on the way home today.

I wish my app would show kilometers, still in miles.
    Tried everything, re-downloading app, reset car etc.

Anyone any ideas what else I can try?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Seems correct. You should have the option of 3 months free payments as well.

When did you order?

Last wednesday (14th i think) & paid cash. My dealer didn't know (small dealership). Take it its nothing to do with the dealership agreement & is a VW corporate thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

eagerv wrote: »
    I wish my app would show kilometers, still in miles.
    Tried everything, re-downloading app, reset car etc.

Anyone any ideas what else I can try?

Try logging in your account on a web browser - you can delete cars from there even if they have not finished provisioning (like yours won't).

It's the VW Connect online login - there is no online login for Connect.ID.

&
    Servicing & Tyres
    OR

Everyone gets the 1yr free charging. Then the way your buying it you can get €1000 off price of the car as your not able to claim the charger grant through the company or you could take the free servicing. I took the €1000 can't see how you could spend it on servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

macrubicon wrote: »
    Try logging in your account on a web browser - you can delete cars from there even if they have not finished provisioning (like yours won't).

Hey all, got my car today, whoop whoop! I'm struggling to get anything from the id connect app, I just have a picture of an eGolf. Can't see anywhere to see SOC or how to precondition the car for the morning etc. I'm on android.

That's done through the car not the app I think someone said earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

That's done through the car not the app I think someone said earlier.

Thanks, I'll have a look. I suppose half the fun is figuring this stuff out, it really is a lovely drive. Delighted with it.

Everyone gets the 1yr free charging. Then the way your buying it you can get €1000 off price of the car as your not able to claim the charger grant through the company or you could take the free servicing. I took the €1000 can't see how you could spend it on servicing.

The servicing includes free tyres and other ancillaries but agree it probably wont come to €1000. But it was the only option available to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Going for a test drive in one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

McHonda wrote: »
    Hey all, got my car today, whoop whoop! I'm struggling to get anything from the id connect app, I just have a picture of an eGolf. Can't see anywhere to see SOC or how to precondition the car for the morning etc. I'm on android.

If you hold down the on/off button on the infotainment system for 20 seconds, the system will reboot and you can try the QR code again. Tech guy had me try this. It didn't work for me though, Germany still trying to fix App problem.

• Advertisement

macrubicon wrote: »

Thanks, but tried that. It wont accept my VIN unfortunately, says not a valid VIN :confused:

Advertisement