Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

eagerv wrote: »
    Thanks, but tried that. It wont accept my VIN unfortunately, says not a valid VIN :confused:

I know it sounds stupid, but I'll ask anyway. Did you confirm that the VIN in the windscreen matches the VIN on the paperwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I know it sounds stupid, but I'll ask anyway. Did you confirm that the VIN in the windscreen matches the VIN on the paperwork?

Yea thanks checked all that.

App working fine, just would prefer it was in km.
    Have been on to VW App Helpline, they are none the wiser. They tried themselves with no luck. They have promised to bring the problem to a higher level and will contact me asap.

We will see....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Yea thanks checked all that.

App working fine, just would prefer it was in km.
    Have been on to VW App Helpline, they are none the wiser. They tried themselves with no luck. They have promised to bring the problem to a higher level and will contact me asap.

We will see....:rolleyes:

Maybe that's not your car... maybe it's mine. :D

Maybe that's not your car... maybe it's mine. :D

Haha, they kept trying to tell me that all Irish cars are working through the UK app..And we would be updated soon..

When I told them that others are using the app in kilometers they could not give me an answer.

No hurry anyway, I can convert in my head, but I didn't tell them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,170 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The servicing includes free tyres and other ancillaries but agree it probably wont come to €1000. But it was the only option available to me.

Were both buying through our businesses, were not entitled to the charger grant that's why there giving the serving or €1000 off instead.
    I'd rather put michelin pilot sports on it when the time comes, that still leaves €600 for servicing which is a lot seen as there doesn't seem to be much servicing required...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You only get the €1,000 off if you buy a charger through Ellie

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

How do we get the €1000 of the charger. I ask my dealer when i picked up car and he doesn't know. Do i order it then get a rebate later?

jossul1179 wrote: »
    How do we get the €1000 of the charger. I ask my dealer when i picked up car and he doesn't know. Do i order it then get a rebate later?

Your dealer should find out for you.

When I picked up my car last Monday they had a contract done up for me for the Service, Maintenance and Tyres Plan, with full details of what is included. This was issued by Volkswagen Financial Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

This evening I charged on an Esb 50kW charger. It activated with the We Charge card. The starting battery was at 36% and the car displayed that it was adding 5km per minute. As the % charge went it the rate dropped to 4 and the 3 km per minute. I couldn’t find an option for more details. I charged to 90 as I won’t have a home charger for a while.

I’m wondering now how I can see how much charge credit I used. All I can see in the car app is my card number and the general plan overview. Should I be able to see my credit somewhere?

That's normal for fast charging.
    The charge tapers off the more charge you have.

• Advertisement

This evening I charged on an Esb 50kW charger. It activated with the We Charge card. The starting battery was at 36% and the car displayed that it was adding 5km per minute. As the % charge went it the rate dropped to 4 and the 3 km per minute. I couldn’t find an option for more details. I charged to 90 as I won’t have a home charger for a while.

I’m wondering now how I can see how much charge credit I used. All I can see in the car app is my card number and the general plan overview. Should I be able to see my credit somewhere?

It says the kWh price on the map in the app. I think it's higher than the eCars pricing. Start up fee €1.0226, per kWh €0.385 and per minute €0.2406 (After 45 mins). Seems same price for fast or type 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah typically EVs will charge quickly to 80% and slow down considerably from there upwards. The ID.3 is pretty good as it seems to be able to keep charging at a reasonably fast rate right up to the top.

Watch out for any overstay fees, I think the ESB chargers will charge extra after 45 mins

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

It says the kWh price on the map in the app. I think it's higher than the eCars pricing. Start up fee €1.0226, per kWh €0.385 and per minute €0.2406 (After 45 mins). Seems same price for fast or type 2.

Yikes, definitely more expensive than the ESB rates. The subscription rate is €0.268 per kWh. I think the payg rate it €0.33 per kWh or something around there

Yikes, definitely more expensive than the ESB rates. The subscription rate is €0.268 per kWh. I think the payg rate it €0.33 per kWh or something around there

Does it come off our €600 credit or are we charged for using Ecars chargers with the VW card? Type 2 is normally €0.268, but would be expensive if charged for staying a few hours taking max 11kW.

Am I right in calculating that to take 22kWh from a type 2 charger (2 Hours @ 11kW) is going to cost €27.54? or €1.2517/kWh. Using We Charge Card.

Sounds crazy..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

jossul1179 wrote: »

You’re supposed to give the dealer your invoice for the Ellie charger and he’s supposed to make a claim to Vw and then give you back the money.

Does it show if you click "Charging sessions"?

Does it come off our €600 credit or are we charged for using Ecars chargers with the VW card? Type 2 is normally €0.268, but would be expensive if charged for staying a few hours taking max 11kW.

I assume it does, no way to know until you try it

I assume it does, no way to know until you try it

Yea

Am I right in calculating that to take 22kWh from a type 2 charger (2 Hours @ 11kW) is going to cost €27.54? or €1.2517/kWh. Using We Charge Card.

Sounds crazy..

Wait till you see the ionity prices.

• Advertisement

Not too bad. €0.30 kWh:) (When using We Charge card.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

saw first id3, while driving id3 yesterday. I don't think they knew why I beeped when passing them as they turned right:o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,034 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

IONITY wouldn’t cost that for 22kw even at pull up rates

Something wrong with that calc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Anyone have those pcp prices earlier

0% deposit or 10% deposit on the 1st edition?

VW site only showing HP on the calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

The ID3 definitely does have the function that allows you set a charge hours to avail from cheap overnight electric?

I'm looking at a cheap home 7KW charger that doesn't have a timer feature but believe the car does so i'll be ok.

The ID3 definitely does have the function that allows you set a charge hours to avail from cheap overnight electric?

I'm looking at a cheap home 7KW charger that doesn't have a timer feature but believe the car does so i'll be ok.

Mine doesn't appear to, yet...

Cyrus wrote: »
    IONITY wouldn’t cost that for 22kw even at pull up rates

Something wrong with that calc

I was using the prices quoted on the VW We Charge App.
    May well not be correct, not much else is..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Conba

Such a treat to finally do a test drive, of the Plus, this morning at Divanes Castleisland. The pick-up on the steep hill towards Abbeyfeale was very impressive and it just soaks up bumps. The salesman brushed off the fact that the voice control didn't recognize his commands after a few attempts but I took the sting out of it by acknowledging that I knew how bad the software was at this stage. I can/could live with that, because the drive is so planted and pleasing.

Did my 45 km usual trip this morning with normal driving, not trying to be efficient, took a different road so about a third at 100km/h and about two thirds at 60-80km/h. Cold but strong sun so little heating needed. About 10 C for trip. 13.6kWh/100km. So looks to be about 10% less efficient than our Ioniq for similar trip. It was at about 15kWh until I met the slow roads.

I can live with that, with the extra power of the ID.3. You have to watch the speed, it creeps up very quickly. And you are going faster than you think.

Am getting used to the info screen. Once you set up the info you need it's actually very good. I think it was Bjorn who was giving out that he couldn't see the nav and trip info on the one screen. I have set it up so you have both on the one screen (My home screen). And then just swipe (With hand gesture) to get my radio and phone screen. Simple.

The other thing I like now is the regen. I have it set up zero when in D and simple to flick to B if going down a long steep hill. It is also smart, so when approaching a junction, car ahead or speed limit it increases regen.

My expectations, before I got the car, was that it would be bargain basement. But I was wrong. Seats are comfy and look well. All the touch points are nice. And the so called "Cheap Plastics" all look pretty good. Perhaps if I had paid €47K for a Max I would be less impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Jesus lads, I'm impressed. I drove a Plus. Sat into one while waiting for the test drive model to come back and had a good look around. Impressions are very good. The seats are surprisingly bolstered and held me well. Interior was a black/cream mix, not my cup of tea but still not bad looking. Plenty of leg and head room for me at 6'4, seat wasn't as far back as it would be in the Golf. Didn't get a chance to sit in the back seat though.

Interior is much nicer than expected. In the pictures I didn't like where the centre console doesn't meet the dash and ends at the cupholders, it honestly doesn't look bad at all. Tons of storage, I like the little tray to slip your phone in. Cupholders are in a good place.

Steering wheel controls will take some getting used to, seems to be a mix of pressing and slide/touch controls as I had to press ACC button? You CAN actually set adaptive cruise in 1kph increments, some reviewers suggested you couldn't (ideal for GPS speed). In saying that my Golf was a bit tricky to get used to on a test drive but it's all muscle memory now, curious to see how people get used to the buttons. Back window visibility isn't too bad despite the smaller window.

Steering felt fine, suspension was comfortable and car handled well. Doesn't feel heavy at all. Moves very quick but to echo what some others have said it does feel a bit slow off the line and then you feel it pick up once it's rolling. Could be just the lack of revving through gears and wheelspin. Even my 110hp Golf would spin easy enough with Pilot Sport 4, so planting it and not making a fuss is a pretty different experience.

EV driving is very comforting, lovely quiet drive. Unfortunately the glass fell out of the driver wing mirror 5 minutes into my test but it wasn't an issue for the drive itself :D

Negative points?
    -Lane assist kept telling me to center the car and would beep so that would be disabled.
    -Regen didn't always come on when coasting and B is too harsh sometimes. It seemed more frequent when ACC was slowing down the car (car was left in sport mode though)
    -The driver screen seems a bit under utilised but I didn't dive deep into customisation so probably can be changed. Lane assist/ACC icon doesn't need to be 1/3 of the screen. Would like a trip consumption on there too.
    -Brakes seem to have a deadzone so if you go from 40% to 50% press nothing happens but you're quickly gaining on a stopped car, would need some getting used to. The collision alert light along the windscreen is pretty cool though!

Driving position didn't feel massively different to my Golf. The gear selector on the driver screen is pretty cool.

Just a shame I have to figure out this charging nonsense with on street parking before knowing if I can commit to one next year...

Advertisement