Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Should be 11kw on 3ph, but I had reduced charging on in the car

I am not sure. Did not try esb slow chargers yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Should be 11kw on 3ph, but I had reduced charging on in the car

Will be interesting to see how the charging (Money!) works.

Did you use your VW card to start charge point?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I charged for free at an EasyGO charger in Lidl and the car pulled 11 kW. I activated the charger with the EasyGO app on my phone.

I used the We Charge card at a 50 kW charger. No problems to activate and charge but I can’t find anywhere where I can see how much of my 600€/2000kW credit I used

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

50kW worked fine although I couldnt see the charging rate. The car was showing 5km/min:)

eagerv wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how the charging (Money!) works.

Did you use your VW card to start charge point?

Yes, on both types of chargers. Had to swipe a few times in the 22kW though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Personally I don't see the point comparing the ID.3 and Model 3. The Model 3 is €49k, that's simply far too much money for a lot of people especially when people are happy to forgo a reversing camera or keyless if it means a 400km EV with decent power for €33k.

Been in both and agree with that

ID3 at 33k is insane value, matches that Tesla M3 SR+ almost everywhere in terms of range, space, charge speed

The rest of the ID3 range at 40k and 46k is a rip off though

Same can be said for Model 3, SR+, which isnt great value at 49k but Model 3 Performance is absolutely insane value at 65k, supercar performance

Whoever said ID3 acceleration wasnt bad in comparison to SR+ was being very kind

Really its a big difference, by the time you get to 120km/h in the ID3 ( about 10 secs I timed ) the M3 SR+ is steaming towards 150-160km/h ( wasnt left drive that ;-) ) and will finish at well over 200km/h

[quote="Thierry12;114737969"
    Really its a big difference, by the time you get to 120km/h in the ID3 ( about 10 secs I timed ) the M3 SR+ is steaming towards 150-160km/h ( wasnt left drive that ;-) ) and will finish at well over 200km/h[/quote]

This kinda speeds are irrelevant in Ireland....

kris_2021 wrote: »
    This kinda speeds are irrelevant in Ireland....

Its way faster to 120km/h too, more than 3 seconds easily

If that's your thing

Thierry12 wrote: »

If that's your thing

I am beating every car so far so id3 is definitely fast enough for Ireland :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thierry12 wrote: »

If that's your thing

Not really applicable to the real world either.

A better measure would be 80-100km or 100-120 which would be most used when driving especially to perform a safe over take.

Not sure what those stats are but I'm sure the M3 is slightly better than the ID3.

• Advertisement

kris_2021 wrote: »
    I am beating every car so far so id3 is definitely fast enough for Ireland :p

Of course it is

Its a quick car, class car imo

200bhp, 300nm 7ish secs to 100km/h is faster than most things on the road, fast enough for me anyway

The M3 SR+ is noticeably faster, in a different league, thats all I am saying

Not dissing on ID3, just that it doesn't compare to that Tesla acceleration

ID3 would be like a 520D and M3 SR+ a 530D

Anyone that's driven a 530D and went back to a 520D will notice the difference

I

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Not really applicable to the real world either.

A better measure would be 80-100km or 100-120 which would be most used when driving especially to perform a safe over take.

Not sure what those stats are but I'm sure the M3 is slightly better than the ID3.

Tesla call 80 - 120km/h, passing speed

Tesla will be noticeably quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is the entry spec good or do you want a higher spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Decided to test our 44kW (2x22kW) esb chargers. So far after 13 min tge car "consumed" 1.2kWh which is 5.53kW. Seems a bit low, shouldn't I pull 11kW with a 3ph 16A cable supplied with the car? I can pull 7.4kW from my tethered wallbox at home SOC is 40% is its of any relevance. Also would be interesting to see how much im going to be charged via the we charge app. Strange charging costs...

How often is the start up fee applied? For every charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is the entry spec good or do you want a higher spec?

The entry level spec is fine for most/ majority people. I went one up as I drive on curvy / dark country roads and the options added make the journey a lot better (mirror, lights, etc). If I was still in Dublin I wouldn’t need these add ons.

Really the only thing I’d add is the reversing camera for the bottom spec model, but that isn’t really needed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Now that everyone has theirs for a few days, can I ask what’s the real world range everyone is getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greenbin

519 km covered so far at 16.6 kWh/100 km. Happy enough with that over a variety of motorway, N and R roads with a bit of slow city traffic thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Greenbin wrote: »
    519 km covered so far at 16.6 kWh/100 km. Happy enough with that over a variety of motorway, N and R roads with a bit of slow city traffic thrown in for good measure.

Shouldn’t that be approx 350km if you are achieving 16.6 kWh100km

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

He probably means hes driven 519km in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greenbin

ewj1978 wrote: »
    He probably means hes driven 519km in total.

Yes the total distance travelled since buying the car is 519. Thought that’d give a better overall picture of the efficiency.

• Advertisement

Fast charging session from yesterday appeared in charging session on the app. 24kWh in 33 min. 43.6kW on average, can't find the charging curve to check whether its what was expected. The charge was €0 but we obviously can't see the balance of charging credit in the app. The ac session hasn't appeared just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Fast charging session from yesterday appeared in charging session on the app. 24kWh in 33 min. 43.6kW on average, can't find the charging curve to check whether its what was expected. The charge was €0 but we obviously can't see the balance of charging credit in the app. The ac session hasn't appeared just yet.

I can’t see charging sessions on the iOS app. Do you have android or do I need an eye test?

I can’t see charging sessions on the iOS app. Do you have android or do I need an eye test?

I have an android phone. Only one of the two sessions has appeared so far:)

Is it worth getting the VW charger or are there better alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is it worth getting the VW charger or are there better alternatives?

I'd take a look at the home chargepoint purchase to get an idea of the competition but here's what I would say about the VW charger

Pros
    Looks nice
    Basically free if you get the 1000 rebate from VW and SEAI grant
    Price of the basic charger is pretty reasonable
    Installation with bord gais comes with a warranty

Cons
    It's a bit big, there's more discreet options
    Long lead time
    Installation is expensive with bord gais
    If you get a non VW EV then it'll look a bit silly

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I'd take a look at the home chargepoint purchase to get an idea of the competition but here's what I would say about the VW charger

Pros
    Looks nice
    Basically free if you get the 1000 rebate from VW and SEAI grant
    Price of the basic charger is pretty reasonable
    Installation with bord gais comes with a warranty

Cons
    Long lead time
    That thread is huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Just stopped at an ionity charger in Cashel co Tipp.
    4/km a min I’m getting from the charger. A bit disappointed. Thought they would be much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Just stopped at an ionity charger in Cashel co Tipp.
    4/km a min I’m getting from the charger. A bit disappointed. Thought they would be much faster.

Thats <50kW.
    Not being condescending but are you sure it was an Ionity charger and not the eCars charger at that site you were connected to?

The ID.3 can definitely take 100kW and Ionity can definitely deliver it, unless that particular unit has an issue which is quite possible.

Try another Ionity charger and see what you get and obviously you need the state of charge to be <30% to get 100kW. What % were you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

KCross wrote: »
    Thats <50kW.
    Not being condescending but are you sure it was an Ionity charger and not the eCars charger at that site you were connected to?

The ID.3 can definitely take 100kW and Ionity can definitely deliver it, unless that particular unit has an issue which is quite possible.

Try another Ionity charger and see what you get and obviously you need the state of charge to be <30% to get 100kW. What % were you at?

Definitely ionity. I went out of my way to go there to try the fast charger. First one I plugged into would not work. 2nd one did. I didn’t try the other 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,170 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cons
    Long lead time

I ordered it in july arrived about 2 weeks ago, not sure if it's improved but your looking at 2mts. That was for the basic one.

Advertisement