Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Definitely ionity. I went out of my way to go there to try the fast charger. First one I plugged into would not work. 2nd one did. I didn’t try the other 2

i was getting 96 and more in Cashel and Kill no problem last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

kris_2021 wrote: »
    i was getting 96 and more in Cashel and Kill no problem last week.

Well that’s good to know that it is possible and some people are getting that speed. I’ll try it another day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Well that’s good to know that it is possible and some people are getting that speed. I’ll try it another day

What % were you at when you plugged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ive seen the pricing and specs for the series production, should be available shortly.

All I’ll say is anyone who got a First will be very happy with their value for money.

KCross wrote: »
    What % were you at when you plugged in?

I’d say it was 45/50%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

L-M wrote: »
    Ive seen the pricing and specs for the series production, should be available shortly.

All I’ll say is anyone who got a First will be very happy with their value for money.

Are the prices going way up?

I’d say it was 45/50%

So u cannot expect 100 kw/h at this soc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Gael23 wrote: »
    Are the prices going way up?

No but the spec definitely isn’t there nor the power. Starting at 130 BHP IIRC and hubcaps on the two entry models.

Lower range isn’t available until middle of next year.

Lots to choose from though in fairness.

I’d say it was 45/50%

You'd get about 70kW at that SoC, not the max 100kW.

I'm not sure exactly what 70kW would translate to in the ID.3 dash where it gives you km/min. Not sure yet if that figure in the car is a pre-defined calculation across all cars or whether its based on your recent driving style. VW should really display the kW figure.

Maybe the next time you try have a look at the charger screen and read the kW figure there rather than the dash on the car. You'll have a better idea whether you are getting what is expected then.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Just stopped at an ionity charger in Cashel co Tipp.
    4/km a min I’m getting from the charger. A bit disappointed. Thought they would be much faster.

Jonnythefox on the Ionity thread a couple of days ago Jusmeig reported he was only getting 30kwh ROC at one of the Cashel chargers on his Tesla Model 3. He swapped to a different charger and it shot up to 100. I’d say you got stuck with the same charger, there’s definitely an issue with that unit at Cashel. BTW I think 4km per minute you were reading on your screen equates to just under 27kwh ROC so similar to what Jusmeig reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

I'd take a look at the home chargepoint purchase to get an idea of the competition but here's what I would say about the VW charger

Pros
    Looks nice
    Basically free if you get the 1000 rebate from VW and SEAI grant
    Price of the basic charger is pretty reasonable
    Installation with bord gais comes with a warranty

Cons
    It's a bit big, there's more discreet options
    Long lead time
    Installation is expensive with bord gais
    If you get a non VW EV then it'll look a bit silly

Has anyone got the €1000 from VW yet? My dealer hasn’t mentioned it!

No but the spec definitely isn’t there nor the power. Starting at 130 BHP IIRC and hubcaps on the two entry models.

That’s disappointing. Really nice car is it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Presume the current 1st model, if you wanted one very similar to it would be more expensive then it is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Can't wait to see the configurator on the VW site. I'm really interested in the car and I'll be adding at least the spec I have in the e-Niro. I'm used to a good few toys now and can't see me going backwards. :D

If the ID.3 price, with a few toys added, gets too high, I'll look elsewhere. The big question is where. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Can't wait to see the configurator on the VW site. I'm really interested in the car and I'll be adding at least the spec I have in the e-Niro. I'm used to a good few toys now and can't see me going backwards. :D

If the ID.3 price, with a few toys added, gets too high, I'll look elsewhere. The big question is where. :o

There's only really one..

Hint, it starts with a T.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭PaulRyan97

eagerv wrote: »

That's right, go out a buy yourself a Toyota self-charging hybrid, no more faffing about with cumbersome cables or not being able to drive in the rain in case you get electrocuted. Toyota self-charging hybrids, built for a (slightly) better world.

Irishjg wrote: »
    Jonnythefox on the Ionity thread a couple of days ago Jusmeig reported he was only getting 30kwh ROC at one of the Cashel chargers on his Tesla Model 3. He swapped to a different charger and it shot up to 100. I’d say you got stuck with the same charger, there’s definitely an issue with that unit at Cashel. BTW I think 4km per minute you were reading on your screen equates to just under 27kwh ROC so similar to what Jusmeig reported.

Good to know. Thanks

eagerv wrote: »

Self charging hybrid?:D

I would consider a Tesla, but not until they're made in Germany. I hate to see Model 3s being described as premium. From the ones I've seen the paintwork is poor and there are still some build quality issues. Not the kind of thing you expect to see on a car from a premium manufacturer.

I still hold out hope for the series ID.3, but if price gouging for extras happens, I'm off. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Tesler wants to bring out 25,000 dollar car in next few years

Model 3 is the only alternative to the VW offering.
    However Tesla don’t offer PCP Finance

• Advertisement

Model 3 is the only alternative to the VW offering.
    However Tesla don’t offer PCP Finance

Don't know why you think that. There are a good few alternatives now, and a few more on the very near horizon.

Not only do Tesla not offer PCP, they don't really entertain trade-ins either.

. There are a good few alternatives now, and a few more on the very near horizon.
    What other options are as good or coming soon?

What other options are as good or coming soon?

Leaf, Mini, BMW I3, Peugeot 208, Opel Corsa, Hyundai Ioniq, Kona, Kia E-Niro, E-Soul, Audi Etron 50. I'm sure I missed a couple. You could probably dismiss most of these if you're a badge snob. I, fortunately, am not.

Coming soon: Nissan Ariya, Seat Enyaq, Cupra El Born. On the horizon: Kia and Hyundai 800v cars.

Leaf, Mini, BMW I3, Peugeot 208, Opel Corsa, Hyundai Ioniq, Kona, Kia E-Niro, E-Soul, Audi Etron 50. I'm sure I missed a couple. You could probably dismiss most of these if you're a badge snob. I, fortunately, am not.

Coming soon: Nissan Ariya, Seat Enyaq, Cupra El Born. On the horizon: Kia and Hyundai 800v cars.

I do like the e208 but it’s a smaller category of a Car

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

VW id4 as well
    Mini cooper E
    Fiat 500 E

Agree those are different vehicle classes but they're good EVs

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 20,034 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

E-tron 50 is a great option as an ev but model 3 / id3 competition it ain’t

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Had a 2.5h spin to the smiths, then home, kinsale, clonakilty and back home, ab 135km total, Mix of all roads, 14.5C outside and rain/ drizzle from kinsale onwards. Overall consumption was 13.5kWh/100km. Not too bad. Had 3 adults, a baby and heating on for the duration of the journey. On the way back from clonakilty the GPS bugged - stopped showing the location which in turn knocked off the predictive acc. Normal acc was working fine although didn't set the speed according to the speed road signs.

Had a 2.5h spin to the smiths, then home, kinsale, clonakilty and back home, ab 135km total, Mix of all roads, 14.5C outside and rain/ drizzle from kinsale onwards. Overall consumption was 13.5kWh/100km. Not too bad. Had 3 adults, a baby and heating on for the duration of the journey. On the way back from clonakilty the GPS bugged - stopped showing the location which in turn knocked off the predictive acc. Normal acc was working fine although didn't set the speed according to the speed road signs.

U must have drove very slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Saw my first one in the wild today, at the charger in Lahinch. Can’t wait to get my own, will hopefully have it by next weekend.
    What would be the average time to charge from 20% to 80% at 22kW chargers?

• Advertisement

kris_2021 wrote: »
    U must have drove very slow?

You must not have driven west cork roads before! :)

Advertisement