Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The one with the 19" wheels doesn't have a 1st badge so possibly not available till the full launch. The blue and black are being manufactured at the moment all with the standard 18" wheels.

EECv87XXsAA-muO?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Inside storage seems decent enough.

EEDAQA4XYBAHjL8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It’s old tech is better than majority of cars on the market....

What’s the new tech ?

eGolf is looking a good buy for the right price

Specs on ID3 are very meh

I like the exterior and its size

50kW charging on base model ( 100kW an option) is very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

That interior is shocking. Really surprised at how bad it is, I suppose they’d a budget to work to and compromises had to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Gear selector looks like it's going to feel unnatural to use.

They should put other controls there and look at the Tesla idea of using a column stalk .

Car itself looks better then all prior pics indicated .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

This looks like cheap tat that was given the frugal treatment, then pared back a few notches for fear of offending the environmentally conscious.

Singly the worst designed interior of any modern car. Spectacularly, vomit-inducingly poor. VAG have always been relatively bland (well, except Audi) but still constructed with some level of quality.

On the plus side, the outside is nice, which is good as it's the only perspective from which I'll ever have to look at one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

From a design point of view its a mess. There.'s no real flow to any of the design.
    Very common in recent years in car design. No elegance.
    eGolf is a far better looking car

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vidukasp

The interior looks very bad. Will cancel my preorder for sure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Old diesel wrote: »
    Gear selector looks like it's going to feel unnatural to use.

They should put other controls there and look at the Tesla idea of using a column stalk .

Car itself looks better then all prior pics indicated .

Tesla idea ....... bmw put it on the i3 years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Don't mind the interior, the 150hp should be alright. I don't mind the steering wheel or the interior but the tacked on screen is awful. I believe the MK8 Golf will have something similar unfortunately.

Could do with some sport seats. Don't think the gear selector is terrible but it does look a bit clunky. The digital dash looks a bit cheap compared to the current second generation available. Center console looks a bit cheap, design isn't too bad.

Step in the right direction I suppose. Maybe a facelift or the second generation 200hp model will be up my alley.

Seems to be on the quality level of the Polo with the plastics.

It does seem a bit too quirky in the design though.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Any sign of the HUD?

My move to go for the eGolf might not be the worst decision ever :-)

The UK site says no HUD on their version of the 1st edition. There is a photo of how it looks. Speed, speed limit, lane and turn arrows displayed. Cool but a bit gimmicky for those of us who drive the same routes 99% of the time

[IMG]https://s7g10.scene7.com/is/image/volkswagenag/id_family-id-comfort-ar_heads_up_display-1920×1280?Zml0PWNyb3AlMkMxJndpZD0xMjgwJmhlaT04NTMmZm10PWpwZWcmcWx0PTc5JjgzY2M=[/IMG]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The UK site says no HUD on their version of the 1st edition. There is a photo of how it looks. Speed, speed limit, lane and turn arrows displayed. Cool but a bit gimmicky for those of us who drive the same routes 99% of the time

The HUD is only in the 'max' version of the 1st edition, same with the panoramic roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The interior...It was acceptable in the 90's.

UJ28vNgUFuCpX5ZfjASGdE-1200-80.jpg

As far as I remember it was 200 Hp ?

This in RWD and EV power is going to be a lot of fun so don't knock it yet, as I said I wasn't a fan of the i3 until I took it for a 450 Km test drive, I didn't want to give it back, driving the leaf again was a horrible experience by comparison. I now have the i3 and I love it, interior is good quality and very spacious, looks even more spacious up front than the id.3.

Give it a chance, take one for a good test drive, guaranteed it will change a lot more minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

kceire wrote: »
    Tesla idea ....... bmw put it on the i3 years ago :)

The Tesla Model S was unveiled at least a couple of years before the i3 but it wasn't Tesla or BMW that invented the idea. Column stalks have been fairly standard on American cars since the 40s.....

Anyway I really like the ID.3 from the outside. I'm hoping the interior photos don't do it justice and it will actually be ok in the flesh. As a VW I expect it to be a nice drive and well refined. If the price does come in at the 30k mark they'll sell bucket loads either way. This could knock the Leaf off its perch as the best selling ev.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

Extremely disappointed. Il wait for more information just incase it grows on me but first impressions are the egolf blows this away in both interior and exterior looks. How long can we hold onto the deposit reservation before having the ultimatum ?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

If the price does come in at the 30k mark they'll sell bucket loads either way. This could knock the Leaf off its perch as the best selling ev.

You really think it'll be close to €30k? Even as cheep as the interior looks why would they sell for that when the EV market is commanding much higher.

Ok from the back and maybe sides. The front is mehhhh at best. The interior looks so unrefined and nasty. Just my opinion mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

I'm happy enough with what I see there.
    Tomas from Autogefühl mentioned that what he was looking at was pre-production and interior surfaces may not be up to the quality of the released product.

The Frankfurt Motor Show is on now. They have to present it now. They need to launch it at their home motor show.

If I was to buy one I'd buy one with the smallest battery and a comfort pack as 300km in my Zoe is already sufficient for my needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op4HO6GHC8Q

• Registered Users Posts: 28,162 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

zep wrote: »
    You really think it'll be close to €30k? Even as cheep as the interior looks why would they sell for that when the EV market is commanding much higher.

It should be less, it has to be under 30k in Germany to get a government incentive of 4k.
    It should be less than 30k here. The market is commanding higher prices your correct but take up is abismal. VW want to take it to the masses and it's priced to do that.
    EV's are currently way over priced, I'd bet there's very few motorists actually make a saving over buying a diesel or petrol, you'd have to be doing a lot of millage to recoup the price difference in most EV's.
    We're still in the first few seconds of the revolution, it's about gaining market share right now for manufacturers. VW intend to grab as much of it as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

However by summer 2020 LEAF could have different prices.

• Advertisement

....as I said I wasn't a fan of the i3 until I took it for a 450 Km test drive, ....

Visually, while some hate the looks of the i3. I least it has cohesive design inside and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Yes the low range version will be. Remember this is a high volume product. The e-golf was always low volume but this is VWs first attempt at a mass market EV. If VW wants to maintain their share of the car market as the world moves to electric they will have to sell literally millions of these over the next decade. The pricing will have to reflect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

It is like a Golf with no more parts than needed. Even the black roof and bootlid aid easy production.
    The boot lid is shaped to go around the light clusters rather than splitting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Could have been mistranslated from the interpreter or I heard wrong but I thought she said it will be €30k before any national incentives. So base model around €22-23 here after incentives and increased VAT rate. That couldn't be correct though

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ok from the back and maybe sides. The front is mehhhh at best. The interior looks so unrefined and nasty. Just my opinion mind you.

Look up the Seat El-Born.it seems to have the same back and sides but is much nicer looking from the front (imo). They've only shown a concept of it yet though afaik.

I think the ID looks quite good though, I reckon it will look a lot better in all black.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,162 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

stesaurus wrote: »
    Could have been mistranslated from the interpreter or I heard wrong but I thought she said it will be €30k before any national incentives. So base model around €22-23 here after incentives and increased VAT rate. That couldn't be correct though

That's the way I read it, new golf diesel is 27k so I'd expect it to be a around the same.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I'm pretty happy with the model as seen in the Autogefühl video.
    Will definitely be going for the darker interior, I feel like the light interior is hideous, range is good on the middle spec model, 100kW charging so quite happy there.

The only real info to wait for now is Irish pricing.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Look up the Seat El-Born.it seems to have the same back and sides but is much nicer looking from the front (imo). They've only shown a concept of it yet though afaik.

I think the ID looks quite good though, I reckon it will look a lot better in all black.

Indeed you are correct, the Seat is much better looking head on.

That Seat is light years ahead in terms of visual design.

• Advertisement

That's the way I read it, new golf diesel is 27k so I'd expect it to be a around the same.

With the eGolf starting at over €37k here i think people are being very optimistic in relation to prices. It would be great for the market if they managed to deliver on price promises, would force others to rethink prices. Maybe the pessimist in me is winning this battle :)

Advertisement