Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

eagerv wrote: »
    The We Connect ID App. I zoomed into various stations on their Map and checked the prices.

I hope they are wrong, my app is still showing in miles:).
    But unfortunately the pricing is in Euro.

Just used my We Charge card at Ionity this afternoon.
    It detailed my session, but no price as yet. It says that depending on the operator, the full data may take a few weeks. Hope it's at the €0.30.

It doesn't show a price,(says €0) just the length of time spent charging, the location and the amount of juice you put in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Basically anyone getting a First Should be using their We Charge card at least until the 2,000kwh/€600 credit runs out. Volkswagen have three different plans, each one to suit different types of driver. Ie. more frequent chargers can sign up for a monthly base rate to available of lower charges etc

@drunkmonkey, how long do you have the car? I had the same issue with a customer the other day but they drove the car for a few hours and came back and it would work. Have managed to add the car to the APP?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

rx8 wrote: »
    It's a bloody pain tbh... every time I lock the car now I have to come in to the house and hide the fob. If I go near the front of the house or even up the stairs, the bloody thing wakes up and switches on the lights. (It doesn't unlock though luckily enough).

Fairly sure you can turn that off in the car settings. I actually just noticed the very same myself walking into the house the key was constantly flashing. I wonder if that’s the reason behind people’s key fobs dying

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The We Connect ID App. I zoomed into various stations on their Map and checked the prices.

I hope they are wrong, my app is still showing in miles:).
    But unfortunately the pricing is in Euro.

Strange, I dont see those prices when I click on an eCars charger from the app.

I guess we wont know for sure until someone tries it and gets it logged on their account.

Has anyone tried it... for science even! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

A bit of a pain in the ass alright. It would be a shame to turn off the feature. I was thinking of getting a rfid blocking box. There cheap enough in Amazon. It will have the additional feature of me not losing my keys in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

L-M wrote: »
    Fairly sure you can turn that off in the car settings. I actually just noticed the very same myself walking into the house the key was constantly flashing. I wonder if that’s the reason behind people’s key fobs dying

Mine doesn't flash, but I'm a cheapskate with the bargain basement car..:D

And my fob went dead..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Can't get the we charge card working, any ideas...just get a whoops something went wrong...

Screenshot-20200928-195052.jpg

Screenshot-20200928-195058.jpg

Screenshot-20200928-195044.jpg
    I had the very same issue, are you on Android? I had to set up on an iOS device(iPad) then it worked. Logged into we connect app on android phone again and it's all good.

L-M wrote: »
    Basically anyone getting a First Should be using their We Charge card at least until the 2,000kwh/€600 credit runs out. Volkswagen have three different plans, each one to suit different types of driver. Ie. more frequent chargers can sign up for a monthly base rate to available of lower charges etc

@drunkmonkey, how long do you have the car? I had the same issue with a customer the other day but they drove the car for a few hours and came back and it would work. Have managed to add the car to the APP?

It may run out very quickly if they don't have Ionity to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,170 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

McHonda wrote: »
    I had the very same issue, are you on Android? I had to set up on an iOS device(iPad) then it worked. Logged into we connect app on android phone again and it's all good.

Yea using a one plus, when you launch the app it tells me it's a rooted device even though it's not.

Other half has a one plus as well, don't get the rooted message but there's only one plan showing up when I log in on hers, it's not the ID plan, same problem when I click on it get the oops error.

The kids hid my ipad 3 weeks ago and they've no idea where, turned the house upside down and can't find it. :(

Went for a good spin there, the lane assistance should be off by default or at least stay off for good once it's turned off, it's downright dangerous on country roads, steers you away from the white line straight into the ditch.
    I must have another look I'm wondering will it stay off if you configure your own settings through the custom drive profile.

Great day for a wee trip. Sunny, about 18C and little wind.

No aircon needed, just the fan on low kept car comfortable.

172 km total, per trip computer 14.9kWh/100km.
    70 km motorway @ 120km/hour indicated, the rest at about 80km/h (Or often less)

Charged at Ionity Gorey, great experience. My first time, so easy and fast. Used toilet, got a coffee at MacD and sat outside in the sun. By the time coffee finished, car almost done!

The car was so comfortable and very refined especially on the superb surface on the newest part of M11 motorway to Enniscorthy.

kTkqKFc.jpg

BnOxipo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

It may run out very quickly if they don't have Ionity to use.

Where could we confirm the prices? No balance/charges is shown in the app. I might consider asking Volkswagen ID on fb.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

The car looks great in the sun Eager. Love the colour, well wear. Also 33 kWh in 26 minutes is super.

Where could we confirm the prices? No balance/charges is shown in the app. I might consider asking Volkswagen ID on fb.

Yes do please.

Is your Map in the app showing the same prices for ESB chargers as mine is?

Irishjg wrote: »
    The car looks great in the sun Eager. Love the colour, well wear. Also 33 kWh in 26 minutes is super.

Pity those chargers don't show the kW, it was really flying initially..

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Pity those chargers don't show the kW, it was really flying initially..

Yep definitely Eagerv. Your avg was 76kw so you must have hit the 100 or damn close earlier in the charge. Looks like you started with 12% battery and took on 58% during the 26 minutes. How could anyone complain with those figures. Thanks for sharing the info.

Irishjg wrote: »
    Yep definitely Eagerv. Your avg was 76kw so you must have hit the 100 or damn close earlier in the charge. Looks like you started with 12% battery and took on 58% during the 26 minutes. How could anyone complain with those figures. Thanks for sharing the info.

I stupidly forgot to check battery % before starting charge, but I think there was about 40km or a bit less in tank when pulling in.

+1, please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yes do please.

Is your Map in the app showing the same prices for ESB chargers as mine is?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Haven’t seen one in reality yet but Does that A pillar cause a blind spot?

How do you stop the car turning off when you open the door?

• Advertisement

Leave you seatbelt plugged in when you get out

Gael23 wrote: »
    Haven’t seen one in reality yet but Does that A pillar cause a blind spot?

I find the vis very good overall, the split A pillar is on a curve inwards, so you can see well through the glass. Haven't yet driven in bad weather, but the wipers are optimised for left hand drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

How does the WeCharge card work? Is it tied to your We Connect ID account? Can the card be transferred to someone else? The nearest Ionity charger to me is probably 3hrs away!

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,034 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

How does the WeCharge card work? Is it tied to your We Connect ID account? Can the card be transferred to someone else? The nearest Ionity charger to me is probably 3hrs away!

well unless you dont have a home charger thats probably about the right distance :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

AFAIK they can't tell which car is actually using the card (they might in future, the charging protocol allows for this) so there isn't much to stop you handing the card to someone else for them to use.

I say this as someone who doesn't own an ID.3 so the above is mostly guesswork :D

I'm guessing this violates some sort of T&Cs though so maybe don't sell it on eBay ;)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

AFAIK they can't tell which car is actually using the card (they might in future, the charging protocol allows for this) so there isn't much to stop you handing the card to someone else for them to use.

I say this as someone who doesn't own an ID.3 so the above is mostly guesswork :D

I'm guessing this violates some sort of T&Cs though so maybe don't sell it on eBay ;)

I was also wondering about this, if say I need a charge in my wifes' Ioniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

I couldn't charge on Ionity yesterday with the wecharge card, kept coming up card not authorized on two different chargers so gave up.

I'm not sure if your serious, had to open the back doors for the kids at school drop off, I'd usually just leave the heating on and car ticking over, with this your back into resetting up everything again once you open the door even if the car is on. It really needs driver profiles you can set active until changed in the update.

It's a good car to drive, I'm surprised at the pace of it, plenty of power for overtaking and does it with no fuss.
    Had it plugged in at home last night with the 3 pin plug, put on charger around 10pm and plugged out at 8.30am that got me from 50% charge to 82%.
    First time ever charging a car, couldn't be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,034 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I'm not sure if your serious, had to open the back doors for the kids at school drop off, I'd usually just leave the heating on and car ticking over, with this your back into resetting up everything again once you open the door even if the car is on. It really needs driver profiles you can set active until changed in the update.

It's a good car to drive, I'm surprised at the pace of it, plenty of power for overtaking and does it with no fuss.
    Had it plugged in at home last night with the 3 pin plug, put on charger around 10pm and plugged out at 8.30am that got me from 50% charge to 82%.
    First time ever charging a car, couldn't be easier.

youll get around 2kw per hour from 3 pin, so that 10.5 hour charge should have added circa 22kw or so.

• Advertisement

What about if you leave the fob in the centre console rather than your pocket?

When the fob is in your pocket and you leave the car its obviously making a decision that shutting down is required.... stupid an all as that is.

Advertisement