Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I'm not sure if your serious, had to open the back doors for the kids at school drop off, I'd usually just leave the heating on and car ticking over, with this your back into resetting up everything again once you open the door even if the car is on. It really needs driver profiles you can set active until changed in the update.

It's a good car to drive, I'm surprised at the pace of it, plenty of power for overtaking and does it with no fuss.
    Had it plugged in at home last night with the 3 pin plug, put on charger around 10pm and plugged out at 8.30am that got me from 50% charge to 82%.
    First time ever charging a car, couldn't be easier.

Worked for me yesterday when charging.

Got the tip from Bjorn..

KCross wrote: »
    What about if you leave the fob in the centre console rather than your pocket?

When the fob is in your pocket and you leave the car its obviously making a decision that shutting down is required.... stupid an all as that is.

Will try that later.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Driving into the car park at work I had to do a double take, there was a random ID.3 parked up. They're popping up everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Saw an article about a 20,000km road trip with an ID.3 in germany

https://insideevs.com/features/446207/volkswagen-id3-long-distance-road-trip-test/

Seems like they're aiming to do it in 65 days, so that ~300km per day. Very doable with a single charge I would say, although it's a great test of the public charging network

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

I've seen 3 of them in the past few days. Look really nice in the flesh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Is there a utility mode in the menus?

The Niro can be left on if you get out of the car, or if you just want to sit with the radio on, but there's also a utility mode to allow the car to be almost fully on without any danger of running the 12v battery down.

Worth a root in the system to see if there's similar there.

The Niro can be left on if you get out of the car, or if you just want to sit with the radio on, but there's also a utility mode to allow the car to be almost fully on without any danger of running the 12v battery down.

Don't know to be honest, but a few bits com up when you are getting out of car, such as leaving air con on. Must pay attention.:)

But there are very few functions presently, hopefully will improve with updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

eagerv wrote: »
    Don't know to be honest, but a few bits com up when you are getting out of car, such as leaving air con on. Must pay attention.:)

But there are very few functions presently, hopefully will improve with updates.

There was definitely an option shown by a youtuber in one of the menus around keeping AC turned on while you were out of the car.... I presume a bit like Dog mode in a Tesla.

Whether it allows full connectivity and other features or not I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Got the ID.3 basic model last weekend. Absolutely loving it so far. I’ve ordered the ID. charger too as it was essentially free but I’m still waiting to hear what the timeframe for installation is.

I was able to register my We Charge card today and charge for a while at one of the ESB public chargers. Does anyone know how to check the balance on the We Charge account?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Got the ID.3 basic model last weekend. Absolutely loving it so far. I’ve ordered the ID. charger too as it was essentially free but I’m still waiting to hear what the timeframe for installation is.

I was able to register my We Charge card today and charge for a while at one of the ESB public chargers. Does anyone know how to check the balance on the We Charge account?

Did you get the €1000 rebate from VW?

• Advertisement

Congrats with new car, what colour did you get? Enjoy..

We were discussing the We Charge Card last night here, looks to be more expensive than if using ecars app, but no one really sure yet. There is a price on your We Connect ID app map, but we are not sure yet if that is correct.
    Doesn't seem to be any way yet to check balance.

I see the non-1st models aren't really configurable? Pricing isn't too bad, if you just want keyless/reversing camera it seems to be available from a low enough spec without going up to €40k prices. Will have a better look later to see what sort of spec would suit and hopefully dealer can give me 2021 finance figures. ID.3 Family spec at €38,795 would suit me or even the Tech.

Wouldn't want air stop tyres though, I hear they're a harsh ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I see the non-1st models aren't really configurable? Pricing isn't too bad, if you just want keyless/reversing camera it seems to be available from a low enough spec without going up to €40k prices. Will have a better look later to see what sort of spec would suit and hopefully dealer can give me 2021 finance figures. ID.3 Family spec at €38,795 would suit me.

The dealer I spoke to said that there would be a 10 stage configuration process, and that there would be enough spec choice to suit everybody.

He also mentioned something about self sealing tyres on the 1st cars too. Good for damage up to 5mm or something like that. I just wanted to get away in the car. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I think you are mixing these up with run flat tyres

Mr Q wrote: »
    I think you are mixing these up with run flat tyres

It would appear so, yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I see the non-1st models aren't really configurable? Pricing isn't too bad, if you just want keyless/reversing camera it seems to be available from a low enough spec without going up to €40k prices. Will have a better look later to see what sort of spec would suit and hopefully dealer can give me 2021 finance figures. ID.3 Family spec at €38,795 would suit me or even the Tech.

Is there a brochure on the VW site with the non 1st pricing, cant see the configurator on it.

Mr Q wrote: »
    Is there a brochure on the VW site with the non 1st pricing, cant see the configurator on it.

My dealer emailed it to me, can't attach it as it exceeds the file size unfortunately. Dated 1.10 so should be up soon.

540km 77Wh model for €43k.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,170 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

My dealer emailed it to me, can't attach it as it exceeds the file size unfortunately. Dated 1.10 so should be up soon.

That's still a 4 seater?

That's still a 4 seater?

Yeah seems to be 4 seater.

And how much for the cheapest entry model with 45kWh battery?

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    And how much for the cheapest entry model with 45kWh battery?

Not available yet, just a basic spec 58kWh for €33,450 OTR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I was waiting outside a Dublin hospital earlier, could have been nearly an hour there. I switched off the car as I normally would, but I didn't get out. The "Goodbye" screen came on and then the normal Icon screen. I remembered the comment earlier about opening the seatbelt, but it seemed to make no difference.
    After about 10 minutes the screen went completely blank, and then randomly after another 30 minutes, the doors unlocked. I definitely didn't touch off the fob or the door button, although the driver's window was open from the time I stopped. My OH arrived up to the car from a different direction than what I was expecting, pulled open the door and scared the life outta me.
    The little Icon that shows the heated seats and Aircon at the bottom left of the screen, became a blue revolving circle at another point, and favorites in the phone menu came up with different photos too. Lots of weird stuff going on in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

rx8 wrote: »
    I was waiting outside a Dublin hospital earlier, could have been nearly an hour there. I switched off the car as I normally would, but I didn't get out. The "Goodbye" screen came on and then the normal Icon screen. I remembered the comment earlier about opening the seatbelt, but it seemed to make no difference.
    After about 10 minutes the screen went completely blank, and then randomly after another 30 minutes, the doors unlocked. I definitely didn't touch off the fob or the door button, although the driver's window was open from the time I stopped. My OH arrived up to the car from a different direction than what I was expecting, pulled open the door and scared the life outta me.
    The little Icon that shows the heated seats and Aircon at the bottom left of the screen, became a blue revolving circle at another point, and favorites in the phone menu came up with different photos too. Lots of weird stuff going on in the last few days.

You’re going to need an old priest and a young priest. :D

Johnfred wrote: »
    Did you get the €1000 rebate from VW?

No not yet. I assume I have to wait until I get the charger installed. I will chase up with the dealer then.

eagerv wrote: »
    Congrats with new car, what colour did you get? Enjoy..

We were discussing the We Charge Card last night here, looks to be more expensive than if using ecars app, but no one really sure yet. There is a price on your We Connect ID app map, but we are not sure yet if that is correct.
    Doesn't seem to be any way yet to check balance.

Thanks. I got the white one as that’s all the dealer could order apparently. My wife wanted that one anyway so it worked out grand.

Yeah i reckon the cost would be higher if using We Charge for ESB chargers but it’s still free anyway as I got the 600€ credit. Will be interesting to see what improvements are made to the app over the next few months.

Not available yet, just a basic spec 58kWh for €33,450 OTR.

So, basically the same price as the base 1st edition but without lots of the goodies.

As L-M said, its going to make 1st edition owners happy and it also explains why there is such a wide gap between the 1st edition trim prices.... the base 1st edition is really the "giveaway" model and the other two trims are the normal prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

When shooting the car for Volkswagen, I often needed to have the ignition on to have the front / rear lights illuminated for the photographs.

I found the most reliable way was to step out of the car after stopping and engaging the Parking Brake, and with the key in my hand, press the Start button on the steering column once.

It would keep the car on indefinitely.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    When shooting the car for Volkswagen, I often needed to have the ignition on to have the front / rear lights illuminated for the photographs.

I found the most reliable way was to step out of the car after stopping and engaging the Parking Brake, and with the key in my hand, press the Start button on the steering column once.

It would keep the car on indefinitely.

Was it you who took the pics down around the Hook?

If so, well done..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,170 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

The access should be restricted.

Advertisement