Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

KCross wrote: »
    What about if you leave the fob in the centre console rather than your pocket?

When the fob is in your pocket and you leave the car its obviously making a decision that shutting down is required.... stupid an all as that is.

Tried leaving the fob in the centre console, with no luck. The car knows when you take your seat belt off and your weight comes off the seat.

I think Paddys' way is probably a good way of keeping the car awake, by using the power button. At least it has a function!

The access should be restricted.

Can anyone remember how to get the code for the First Movers Facebook group. I know I got one, but cannot remember where it is. Checked all my EMails, txts etc with no luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I still haven't got my access code either.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

I don't seem to have received my code either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Thats funny. I dont have an ID.3 yet and I got one! :pac:

It came in an email titled "Volkswagen ID. First Movers Club"

• Advertisement

Some interesting ones in there....

6. After how many kilometers is a service due?
    The maintenance cycle for the ID.3 is 2 years. There is no mileage limit for Europe.

7. Does the ID.3 1st have a tow bar?
    No, but a preparation for a bicycle carrier can be retrofitted.

8. Can my ID.3 create a Wi-Fi hotspot with its built-in SIM-Card (eSIM)?
    This functionality will be available after the update.

15. Does the performance of the battery decrease in cold weather?
    The performance of the battery is reduced in cold weather. The optimal operating range of the high-voltage battery is between 20 and 40 degrees celsius. To ensure this optimal efficiency, the battery provides a heating and a ventilation.
    The aim is to operate the battery at the optimum operating point by using suitable controls.
    In addition, customers can precondition the battery by programming the battery heating / ventilation (in accordance with the heating and ventilation of the passenger compartment).

That confirms that there is battery heating but its only via the warm air from the cabin. So, presumably if you have the cabin preheated to 20°C that air will also have flowed into the battery compartment and so should result in a decent charge speed by the time you get to a charger.

16. Drum brakes? Really?
    The ID.3 has disk brakes on the front axle and drum brakes at the rear axle. E-vehicles have the advantage of covering most of the braking force by recuperation (engine brake). On the one hand, the vehicle will reduce speed while recuperating and on the other hand, energy will be gained for charging the battery. In addition, the drum brakes benefit from better protection against corrosion (closed system) and from the reduction of particulate pollution, since the brake dust does not escape.

Thats funny. I dont have an ID.3 yet and I got one! :pac:

It came in an email titled "Volkswagen ID. First Movers Club"

Found it!. It came 10 days before I got the car:)

Any idea how long it takes to be accepted into the facebook VW ID. first movers club?

Applied last night but still pending..

eagerv wrote: »
    Any idea how long it takes to be accepted into the facebook VW ID. first movers club?

Cant remember exactly but <24hrs for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

eagerv wrote: »

not on facebook - are there any benefits to this group?

• Advertisement

not on facebook - are there any benefits to this group?

I don't know yet, but it may be another way to air any problems..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Do you have to use their installer for the charge point? Cost seem excessive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Gael23 wrote: »
    Do you have to use their installer for the charge point? Cost seem excessive

You can buy the VW unit on its own and get a registered electrician to install it, this is what I am doing.

But do you mean to get the 1k off via the VW deal? If so it is their installer only I would assume to get this offer. And you are right, the cost of install seems very high.

Mr Q wrote: »
    You can buy the VW unit on its own and get a registered electrician to install it, this is what I am doing.

But do you mean to get the 1k off via the VW deal? If so it is their installer only I would assume to get this offer. And you are right, the cost of install seems very high.

I think someone else can install it for less than €786

What’s the €1k off? Not aware of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Gael23 wrote: »
    I think someone else can install it for less than €786

What’s the €1k off? Not aware of that

You're dead right you will get it installed for less. The 1k off was one of the options on the first movers club but if you are not going for this get your own installer to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Sold our eGolf, and getting ours hopefully the end of this week; quick question for people who got a plus model might please help me with, does the plus come with a 3 phase 16A or 3 phase 32A cable?

We had the old eMH1 charger which was locked to 3.6kW which I'm upgrading, if the ID3 comes with as decent cable I can get a tethered home charger-great for the knuckles as it will be living on a pebble dash wall.

glynf wrote: »
    ... does the plus come with a 3 phase 16A or 3 phase 32A cable?

We had the old eMH1 charger which was locked to 3.6kW which I'm upgrading, if the ID3 comes with as decent cable I can get a tethered home charger-great for the knuckles as it will be living on a pebble dash wall.

All 1st editions come with 3ph 16A cable. :mad:

If you get a tethered home charge point it wont matter to you.

The ID.3 made a brief appearance here. Interesting to see how they do it in general though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

All 1st editions come with 3ph 16A cable. :mad:

If you get a tethered home charge point it wont matter to you.

16A is certainly a bit stingy for a €40k car, have access to 11kW chargers through work, so I would like to have the thicker gauge cable in the boot to make use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

glynf wrote: »
    16A is certainly a bit stingy for a €40k car, have access to 11kW chargers through work, so I would like to have the thicker gauge cable in the boot to make use of same.

A 16A cable will charge at 11kW on 3 phase

Where it'll limit you is plugging into a 7kW single phase charger. Then you'll be limited to 3.6kW

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Airbag error just popped up. Anyone else having this issue?

I really like the size. I don’t need a big car but I don’t want a super mini either

• Registered Users Posts: 28,169 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No mine had a phantom driver though, went to pull out of a parking space about twenty minutes ago and off it went on its own. I could have touched a button on the steering wheel not sure what happened. I think auto cruse or something flashed up for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

No mine had a phantom driver though, went to pull out of a parking space about twenty minutes ago and off it went on its own. I could have touched a button on the steering wheel not sure what happened. I think auto cruse or something flashed up for a second.

That's not good, you were in the car right?
    Maybe auto hold got disabled?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Ya I’m not going to worry about it too much.
    I know most to the us are having some sort of software bug.
    I’d say we will be well fed up of complaining about the bugs by the time the update comes.

Yea we just got to accept them for a few months, they said driver profiles are coming so hopefully that does away with the lane assistance as standard, turned into a sweeping corner this morning and it decided I needed to turn in a little more, forgot to turn it off before starting.

Hopefully the lane assist issues can be sorted via the update. The mrs has a t-roc with bog standard lane assist and it works a hell of alot better than the ID.3
    So I’m hopeful they can update it to be just as good as other cars in the VW fleet.

It's got great potential, drives well besides the niggles, instant torque is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I had one this afternoon. Restarted, and it reappeared did it again and it did not reappear on the third start.

• Advertisement

Can you add things like wireless charging and reversing camera as options to the base model?

Advertisement