Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Airbag error just popped up. Anyone else having this issue?

I've gotten it a couple of times. The first time i brought it back to the garage. They assured me that its just a software issue, that the airbag is working and the car is safe to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Straight into top of the sales charts in September with Model 3 in 5th.

j3EprVI.png

That's mad seeing any EV sell more than any ICE car for any month lol.

I would say the id.3 accounts for all dealer cars though probably not all sold yet ?

Still mad to think the id.3 is higher in one month than the model 3 for the whole year!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I would say the id.3 accounts for all dealer cars though probably not all sold yet ?

Still mad to think the id.3 is higher in one month than the model 3 for the whole year!

I guess it's a bit distorted because the ID.3 deliveries are happening very quickly in one month

Still, hopefully an indication of things to come, I wonder how long the Tiguan will survive with the ID.4 coming

I read somewhere that there's a lot of pent up demand for Tesla because their production got interrupted (due to covid) and they've been prioritising the US market. I expect it'll pick up towards the end of the year

I can't believe Ford have 4 of the top 10 places. I can't understand why anyone buys a Ford, they're badly designed, cheaply made, and horrible to drive :(

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I know my local dealer hasn’t registered theirs. They have 2 demos, a base and plus. Both are on their website anyways.

I’d say they would be selling these soon though if that is what you’re looking for. Probably have 1000 km on them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I think EVs are finally getting to where people can use them with no issues. My issue has always been that I would have to make 3-5 charging stops on my bi weekly run to Dublin. Where I work now has a charger there and the id3 will make it without the need to stop. So literally like my diesel now, time wise.

I was waiting until 350km minimum range came out and there were options to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What sort of finance is on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Steel wheels on the Life and Business. I hope to God my dealer can definitely get my First :(

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Steel wheels on the Life and Business. I hope to God my dealer can definitely get my First :(

Yeah steel wheels on the business is a bit bad form. Reversing camera but steel wheels? Weird decision. Looks like the Style or the Family are the closest to what the current 1st is.

• Advertisement

Yeah steel wheels on the business is a bit bad form. Reversing camera but steel wheels? Weird decision. Looks like the Style or the Family are the closest to what the current 1st is.

The business seems to be a mix of First and Plus with other things completely taken away like the alloys.

Edit: also wouldn't the sunroom affect range a bit seeing as the car should be heavier with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

TitianGerm wrote: »

19” wheels as an option for €638...bargain.

I'd rather up the car spec for €500 or €2000 over the Business to the Style or Family.

What’s the sweet spot on the range? Family spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

They are not an option on the two lower spec cars. Looks like no alloy wheels can be added to these two models if the brochure is correct

So the €638 is to go from 18s to 19s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Spec is a bit strange alright, sunroof on pretty much all models. That's usually an €1,100 option that I could do without. Turquoise is €880 and no free/cheap white option.

The 1st models have a heat pump correct? First time really looking at an electric car so would it be worth adding it in? I heard bad things about the leaf due to it not having a heat pump but have also heard its not really needed?

The 1st models have a heat pump correct? First time really looking at an electric car so would it be worth adding it in? I heard bad things about the leaf due to it not having a heat pump but have also heard its not really needed?

No heat pumps on the Irish 1st models

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

For me the ideal would probably be the Tech. Similar in pricing to the 1st Plus, but a few nice extras such as glass roof and Head up display,

But happy with my base 1st that I already have...:)

I’d be happy with the Family one.

Is it worth paying €1490 for the heat pump?

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »

You don't want to open that debate again :rolleyes:

Financially, there doesn't seem to be much justification, but the general consensus is that it reduces the range loss in winter from heating.

If you're doing a lot of long distance driving in winter then it might cut out a recharge, but its a small subset of drivers and you can probably make up a lot of the loss by preheating while plugged in and reducing the air con temperature

Gael23 wrote: »

You would almost be at the price of the Tour with 77kWh for the price of the Family plus heat pump.

If you didn't need 5 seats and were concerned about range that would make more sense to buy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,169 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

[QUOTE=eagerv;114787374

But happy with my base 1st that I already have...:)[/QUOTE]

I'd love Keyless and a reversing camera which I will retrofit if possible. They really should be standard.

Software is very buggy, couldn't use the display coming home for lunch was showing some error, then the radio wouldn't turn off when I locked the car, it's probably still on outside as there was no way to switch it off.

The wireless phone charging seems to be in all non 1st models. Strange that you had to buy the 1st Max to get it, should have included it with all

Mr Q wrote: »
    You would almost be at the price of the Tour with 77kWh for the price of the Family plus heat pump.

If you didn't need 5 seats and were concerned about range that would make more sense to buy to me.

Good point, but then at Tour prices your nearly in a Model 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

My first Invoice from We Charge came in a few minutes ago by EMail.

Seems to be charged monthly, shows the kWh units at €0.30 (Ionity) and then a discount of same amount. Total €0.00.

Also shows the balance of credit available.

Haven't charged elsewhere yet (Apart from home), will be interesting to see what others are charged on ESB, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Got a we charge invoice for the dc fast charging session last Saturday. 24.11kW for €10.38 which is €1.02 start up fee and 24.11kWx€0.385=€9.36. So the prices for dc fast charging on the app are correct. Same session with ebay woukd be 24.11kWx€0.305=€7.35 or €3 cheaper. No charge for ac charging just yet.

I'd love Keyless and a reversing camera which I will retrofit if possible. They really should be standard.

Software is very buggy, couldn't use the display coming home for lunch was showing some error, then the radio wouldn't turn off when I locked the car, it's probably still on outside as there was no way to switch it off.

Having keyless on my leaf, I personally think it opens too many security holes to be worthwhile. It is convenient though, so if they've improved the security then it's probably worth it

Got a we charge invoice for the dc fast charging session 24.11kW for €10.38 which is €1.02 start up fee and 24.11kWx€0.385=€9.36. So the prices for dc fast charging are correct. No charge for ac charging just yet.

So looks to work out about €25 for a full charge if you were paying?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: I've moved the non specific ID.3 placement in the sales chart to this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058049445

Advertisement