Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Gael23 wrote: »
    So looks to work out about €25 for a full charge if you were paying?

Yes. You're limited to 45 min so two sessions 2x€1.02+58kWhx€0.385=€24.37 via the we charge subscription. Same sessions via esb are €17.69.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I just received one as well. I charged from 36% up to the 80% limit on an ESB 50 kW charger. It stopped automatically but I had time on my hands so plugged back in and took it from 80% to 90%. It's only that second 10% (6.5 kWh) that's been billed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I just received one as well. I charged from 36% up to the 80% limit on an ESB 50 kW charger. It stopped automatically but I had time on my hands so plugged back in and took it from 80% to 90%. It's only that second 10% (6.5 kWh) that's been billed :D

Sweet:). Wonder if the charger was on free vend, as they sometimes are?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Mr Q wrote: »
    The wireless phone charging seems to be in all non 1st models. Strange that you had to buy the 1st Max to get it, should have included it with all

that is a big fail with VW - anyway to retrofit your own (e.g. is there a usb connector in the base of the middle phone holder)?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Anyone looked into fitting a dashcam into the ID.3? i fitted one into my Golf but i'm sure the fuse board is going to be a lot more complex and don't fancy trying to pull the panels off to hide the cable. Wish they would put a usb point up the top of the roof to keep the cable wiring simple!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

that is a big fail with VW - anyway to retrofit your own (e.g. is there a usb connector in the base of the middle phone holder)?

There's no UBS in the phone holder but there are 2 in the storage area just behind it. I was thinking of getting one of these . https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Wireless-PowerWave-Alignment-Certified/dp/B07WV1J8QL

I must measure the phone slot to see if it would fit

• Registered Users Posts: 15 smith79

Got First model yesterday Manganese Grey, on the We Connect ID app, does anybody know how to change Charge Level from miles (which mine is showing) to km?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Anyone looked into fitting a dashcam into the ID.3? i fitted one into my Golf but i'm sure the fuse board is going to be a lot more complex and don't fancy trying to pull the panels off to hide the cable. Wish they would put a usb point up the top of the roof to keep the cable wiring simple!!

Would be tricky to place a rear camera also with the spoiler. Would probably need to put it at the bottom of the glass.

Although most people only install a front camera anyway

smith79 wrote: »
    Got First model yesterday Manganese Grey, on the We Connect ID app, does anybody know how to change Charge Level from miles (which mine is showing) to km?

I have the same problem, tired of complaining to VW etc.

Best wishes with car ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I have a 18cm USB-C cable that I just loop from the port to the phone when it's in the slot in the car. Not ideal but it is tidy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I'm going to run it from the 12v socket in the boot. Just ordered a 1.2m usb female to male extention on amazon as the 4m 12v to usb cable is too short. Going to run it on the floor near the doors. Will need to run rear dash the same way. Will see how it goes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,169 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you it set to km in the car it's mph by default, also turn on the auto handbrake it's off by default.

Have you it set to km in the car it's mph by default, also turn on the auto handbrake it's off by default.

Tried all that, seems to be a problem with some Vins from what they tell me,
    Perhaps the cars were originally meant for UK? Anyway it's with the app developer atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Good point, but then at Tour prices your nearly in a Model 3

Tour is €43k, Model 3 is €49k. That's not even close? Even if they were the same price you're still looking at a big range difference, 540km Vs 410km.

Two completely different cars in my opinion and if you're going for the tour spec you're obviously looking for range, otherwise you could get the Family or Tech trim for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Tour is €43k, Model 3 is €49k. That's not even close? Even if they were the same price you're still looking at a big range difference, 540km Vs 410km.

Two completely different cars in my opinion and if you're going for the tour spec you're obviously looking for range, otherwise you could get the Family or Tech trim for less.

I thought the standard Model 3 was led.
    The GMFV is high on the ID3 if going PCP

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I thought the standard Model 3 was led.
    The GMFV is high on the ID3 if going PCP

GMFV is about 40% I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

model 3 SR+ is currently €46,782,

so not that much difference in price, the tesla suffers in range as its more powerful with around 300bhp versus 204bhp in the ID3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

TitianGerm wrote: »
    GMFV is about 40% I think.

35% is what I was quoted

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

jordan191 wrote: »
    model 3 SR+ is currently €46,782,

so not that much difference in price, the tesla suffers in range as its more powerful with around 300bhp versus 204bhp in the ID3

WLTP is 330 Kms for the id.3 VS 409 Km for the Model 3 SR+ in reality depends on conditions, driver foot.

M3 has by far the fastest charging on DC

M3 has by far the best infotainment + Google maps.

M3 a lot faster.

M3 has Autopilot, upgradeable with potential to FSD should it become much better.

+ the M3 interior is better ? not to everyones taste granted but at least the fake leather looks way better.

Not my intention to offend id.3 owners which I'm sure are quite happy more of a personal observation.

Ye kinda do get a fair bit more for the money ?

WLTP is 330 Kms for the id.3 VS 409 Km for the Model 3 SR+ in reality depends on conditions, driver foot.

M3 has by far the fastest charging on DC

M3 has by far the best infotainment + Google maps.

M3 a lot faster.

M3 has Autopilot, upgradeable with potential to FSD should it become much better.

+ the M3 interior is better ? not to everyones taste granted but at least the fake leather looks way better.

Not my intention to offend id.3 owners which I'm sure are quite happy more of a personal observation.

Ye kinda do get a fair bit more for the money ?

My ID.3 has a WLTP of 424km..

• Advertisement

35% is what I was quoted

Sorry your right, I was trying to remember from my own quoted figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

We got ours today, happy with it so far. The UI is a bit clunky, I much preferred the e Golf's-missing android auto too; for some reason I can't save a charging destination, and get a 'This function is not yet available' screen. What am I missing? :confused:

uv5CufQh.jpg

57YN0Kgh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15 smith79

Yes car is set in km, oddly when I first installed We Connect App and registered car, the app read in km, I needed to delete app as my old VW was still coming up and causing errors within the app. I needed to login through Chrome to delete Golf and then reregister ID3 through App, when I did this, it was suddenly reading in miles in App.

Had first long drive today, about 150 km, averaged about 17.5kWh/100,
    80 km motorway @ 120km/h, the rest at about 80-100km/h. Was cold and wet and had aircon on for most of it. Seats surprisingly more comfortable than I expected, very silent on most surfaces, central info console seems a bit buggy, with random things popping up and slow to react at certain stages. Power feels very refined easy to get up to speed and over without noticing.

Also am unable to change colour of internal lighting getting an error "This function is not yet available".

glynf wrote: »
    We got ours today, happy with it so far. The UI is a bit clunky, I much preferred the e Golf's-missing android auto too; for some reason I can't save a charging destination, and get a 'This function is not yet available' screen. What am I missing? :confused:

uv5CufQh.jpg

57YN0Kgh.jpg

The moonstone looks so different depending on the light.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Looks kinda lilac in the pics. Idk maybe it’s just my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,169 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yes car is set in km, oddly when I first installed We Connect App and registered car, the app read in km, I needed to delete app as my old VW was still coming up and causing errors within the app. I needed to login through Chrome to delete Golf and then reregister ID3 through App, when I did this, it was suddenly reading in miles in App.

Also am unable to change colour of internal lighting getting an error "This function is not yet available".

I had problems with the app probably caused by my gti still half showing up, couldn't register the we card, last night I done a factory reset on the car software and set up a brand new volkswagen account with a new email logged in and scanned in the car through the app and everything worked perfect. I'd say just do what I did..

As for the interior lights the software reset might cure it as well, don't panic when you do it takes a few minutes to reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Looking at regular prices and it seems that 1st models were not such a great value, Tech and Plus seem to be nearly same price but Tech has:
    - augumented reality
    - sunroof
    - wireless charging
    - sound insulating winshield
    - Travel, Emergency, Side and Traffic Jam Assist systems
    Plus has:
    - larger alloys
    - rear USB ports

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I'm getting different bugs now depending on what day it is I think. Today's one had the heated rear window on all the time. When we got to Liffey Valley the back window was roasting. It went off eventually while it was parked and hasn't happened again.

@Rusky, I ran the dash cam cable along the top of the doors and it reached easily. Haven't bothered with the rear camera yet, might have a look at it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

eagerv wrote: »
    Tried all that, seems to be a problem with some Vins from what they tell me,
    Perhaps the cars were originally meant for UK? Anyway it's with the app developer atm.

When I log in on Android it shows me range in miles, but in Ios it shows it in Kms. Also costs are in Sterling in Android and Euro in Ios

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

When I log in on Android it shows me range in miles, but in Ios it shows it in Kms. Also costs are in Sterling in Android and Euro in Ios

Is your Android set to English (Ireland) and not English (UK) ?

Advertisement