Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Like an electric compressor you can pump footballs, tyres etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 smith79

First charging session today Ionity Athlone 12% to 90% in 49 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Battery Life on YouTube will be doing 77kWh Pro S ID3 range and charging test at noon tomorrow

Interesting too see how it charges, 125kW and sustained 100kW should be possible

Bjorn has a worthy challenger

Like that battery life guy, bit more genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Bjorn review up... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9oNk6ZQcDg

I thought it was just me with the climate control, he's struggling as well...

That dealership he was at has a lot of ID’s in the lot. Still waiting for mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Are the cars set to stop charging at 80 percent ???

Why not rename the 80 percent as 100 percent and have the 20 percent as protection for the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

adam88 wrote: »

Why not rename the 80 percent as 100 percent and have the 20 percent as protection for the battery.

By default yes but you can change it in the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

adam88 wrote: »

This decreases wear on the battery significantly, so owners are very eager to get this option. It is one of major complains with classic Ioniq, as you get not control over charging level.

This is somehow similar in ICE cars, where high rpm wears engine more but is still permitted by manufacturer, so owners have a choice.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

September1 wrote: »
    This decreases wear on the battery significantly, so owners are very eager to get this option. It is one of major complains with classic Ioniq, as you get not control over charging level.

Ioniqs aren't showing reductions in range after 100,000km, the 80% thing was important for cars without a BMS controlled battery buffer. I've never seen an Ioniq owner complain about the lack of that setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

McHonda wrote: »
    Can someone check if their car came with a puncture repair kit? I didnt get one.

I think plus and max come with run flat tyres so I guess only the base with the kit. Anyway my car has the kit including the compressor, first aid kit and a triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think plus and max come with run flat tyres so I guess only the base with the kit. Anyway my car has the kit including the compressor, first aid kit and a triangle.

Mine likewise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Mine is a plus, I have the kit. I looked at the tyres they don't say anything to indicate run flat so I don't think they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Mine is a plus, I have the kit. I looked at the tyres they don't say anything to indicate run flat so I don't think they are.

My dealer said they were "airstop" tyres. Some kind of self sealing voodoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

As far as I can see the cars come with three different tyre makes.
    Goodyear, Bridgestone and Continental. Perhaps some are air stop or whatever they are called.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Mountain bikes use tyre sealant, it's quite popular as it basically repairs itself on the go. I wonder if it's the same for a car?

Not the same as those traditional puncture repair kits, apparently that spray ruins the tyre and has to be replaced? Not sure how true that is, just seen that posted here a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

rx8 wrote: »
    The kit could be under the boot floor or stuck to the side as it has velcro on it.
    It contains a bottle of puncture repair sealant and valve removal tool stuff. It also has a compressor in it, which I was surprised about.
    Hopefully I'll never have to use it.
    Got one off the dealer today so thanks all for that. Hopefully never need to use it either but glad it's there all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

My tyres are Goodyear. The side of them says "Seal Tech"

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Battery Life on YouTube will be doing 77kWh Pro S ID3 range and charging test at noon tomorrow

Interesting too see how it charges, 125kW and sustained 100kW should be possible

Bjorn has a worthy challenger

Like that battery life guy, bit more genuine

weather will be sub-optimal tomorrow but I suppose by Irish standards it will be a grand day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭KCross

rx8 wrote: »
    My tyres are Goodyear. The side of them says "Seal Tech"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Review all filmed. Will try do an all nighter to edit it but we’ll see.

08622-D1-A-17-FC-43-A9-BCE4-EAF9-C9-EE1-AA8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Maerlokw wrote: »
    Have a lot of people received their cars or at least have dates when they're getting them?
    I still don't know anything from my dealer, no delivery pickup date/estimate whatsoever.

Not sure if it's good to be calling and asking or if they would even know, but even an estimate would be super nice.

Have you heard anything on the delivery of the car? My dealership has gone quite quite on this and now in setting late October delivery dates. So not to sure what’s going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ddarcy wrote: »
    Have you heard anything on the delivery of the car? My dealership has gone quite quite on this and now in setting late October delivery dates. So not to sure what’s going on.

Heard that the boat due in this weekend never sailed so all those are delayed by a week so yea, late Oct now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

I just saw the updated brochure, impressive list of options and I haven’t seen 50 Kw DC listed anywhere? That’s good news if 100 kw is the base.

Saw some better looking interiors too.

Sports suspension option too with adaptive chassis control and progressive steering which would hopefully give it some well needed feel.

Adaptive chassis control what’s this ?

Now if they only had 300 hp version......

Shame they opted for crappy Tom Tom nav.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I just saw the updated brochure, impressive list of options and I haven’t seen 50 Kw DC listed anywhere? That’s good news if 100 kw is the base.

There's still the lower priced and lower spec battery and motor to be released, I think it's those that come with the 50kW CCS limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Does anyone have a solution for the carpeted footrest (for the drivers left foot)?
    Normally cars have either a plastic plate or steel plate in this area.
    No doubt this is going to get destroyed during the wet winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone have a solution for the carpeted footrest (for the drivers left foot)?

Rest your foot on the main mat? Left foot doesn't need to be near the pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I saw my first one in the wild yesterday parked in the Merrion centre. Funnily enough I had seen them do promotion photos with 4 of them near Poolbeg about 3 weeks ago, they look good

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Rest your left foot, it has no job!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Does the ID.3 have a place to rest your right foot like the Golf does? It's handy for using ACC on empty roads, I miss it when driving other cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Does the ID.3 have a place to rest your right foot like the Golf does? It's handy for using ACC on empty roads, I miss it when driving other cars.

Yes, I find it slightly annoying that the opposite rest for the left foot is not in the same position, which would make everything more comfortable.

Advertisement