Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Ryath

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Look up the Seat El-Born.it seems to have the same back and sides but is much nicer looking from the front (imo). They've only shown a concept of it yet though afaik.

I think the ID looks quite good though, I reckon it will look a lot better in all black.

Version shown of the El Born was 90% production ready. Think it's better looking than the ID3 alright especially not having the speed bump on the bonnet. It hides it's height better too. I wouldn't say no to either though! White interior is horrible though not a fan of light interiors generally. Some of the brighter coloured ones aren't great either but in the right materials and colours it looks great. El Born interior looks all most identical and looks much better. They are preproduction models so I'd hope production trims are more tastefull.

press-day-seta-el-born2019-gims-geneva-dsc9903-1280x852_w555_h555.jpg

seat-el-born.jpg

A lot will come down to pricing but one of them hopefully will be our next car. Likely the El Born should be a bit cheaper and we already have a SEAT so should get a better price changing to it. If VW hold it back too long though I will be considering the ID.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

From the following article https://www.completecar.ie/car-news/article/9446/Volkswagen-details-electric-ID.3-for-Ireland?fbclid=IwAR1ReOeEe0I_79rBmCpXaE280NIYAIUFhgUXgIS2PqAau74lVS6e5rgc8Lo
    How much will the VW ID.3 be?
    While a lot could happen between now and the ID.3 arriving on Irish shores, Volkswagen Ireland has confirmed that the entry-level model will be less than €30,000 once the SEAI grant and VRT rebate is taken into consideration. That's for the basic version of the ID.3, which features a 45kWh battery pack integrated into the floor of the Golf-sized EV.
    First orders get the ID.3 1st
    In May this year, Volkswagen started taking booking deposits for the 'limited edition' ID.3 1st model, which is a highly specified launch variant. It will be under €40,000 and first deliveries arrive in Ireland in summer 2020. After that it looks like most versions won't arrive until 2021, in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,162 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

zep wrote: »
    With the eGolf starting at over €37k here i think people are being very optimistic in relation to prices. It would be great for the market if they managed to deliver on price promises, would force others to rethink prices. Maybe the pessimist in me is winning this battle :)

37k is mad money for a car with such terrible range. There's a good few cars on the way. Would you really pay 37k for an id3 when the polestar 2 will be starting at 40k. Throw in the performance pack for another 5k and it makes the Tesla 3 performance look expensive at 20k more.

I've a deposit down but I'm not liking the cockpit. I want to see it in person and how the budget plays out before finally making up my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

37k is mad money for a car with such terrible range. There's a good few cars on the way. Would you really pay 37k for an id3 when the polestar 2 will be starting at 40k. Throw in the performance pack for another 5k and it makes the Tesla 3 performance look expensive at 20k more.

I've a deposit down but I'm not liking the cockpit. I want to see it in person and how the budget plays out before finally making up my mind.

One thing I have seen on all electric cars coming out, people quote loads of numbers....once the car is released and the actual cost if a lot higher than anyone thought it would be....

If Kia and Hyundai are getting 36-38k for electric cars I can take a fair stab now a Volvo willnot be 40k....that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Would you really pay 37k for an id3 when the polestar 2 will be starting at 40k. Throw in the performance pack for another 5k and it makes the Tesla 3 performance look expensive at 20k more.

Polestar is a much better looking beast, inside and out. Inside wipes the floor of the ID3. Base is 40K top end is 60K ish, so it's not that far of the M3 prices, quite a bit more than the 45k you mentioned. Info from below:
    https://www.polestar.com/press-release/2019/02/27/polestar-reveals-new-polestar-2

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    One thing I have seen on all electric cars coming out, people quote loads of numbers....once the car is released and the actual cost if a lot higher than anyone thought it would be....

If Kia and Hyundai are getting 36-38k for electric cars I can take a fair stab now a Volvo willnot be 40k....that's for sure

Launch edition is 60k, base will be starting at 40k. Battery prices are meant to drop and these cars are a lot easier make than traditional ones. Kia/Hyundai current prices will come down.

Polestar is a much better looking beast, inside and out. Inside wipes the floor of the ID3. Base is 40K top end is 60K ish, so it's not that far of the M3 prices, quite a bit more than the 45k you mentioned. Info from below:
    https://www.polestar.com/press-release/2019/02/27/polestar-reveals-new-polestar-2

40k is the base, they said the performance pack will be about 5k, that's where I got 45k from. Like they have with the R-Design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

I can see an owner/operator Taxi or Hackney driver doing the sums and leasing one of these ID. 3 new. The warranty on the battery is certainly long enough to take the risk out of it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

40k is the base, they said the performance pack will be about 5k, that's where I got 45k from. Like they have with the R-Design.

But the Launch edition of the Polestar 2 is 60k; the 45k car doesn't exist yet. Actually, the 60k car doesn't exist yet either. :D

Honestly, this is a bit like "next year we'll be milliionaires". Only fools and EVs!

Launch edition is 60k, base will be starting at 40k. Battery prices are meant to drop and these cars are a lot easier make than traditional ones. Kia/Hyundai current prices will come down.

Yes they will....thats why I got eGolf now on a decent deal and then in 2023 when its up for renewal the prices will have come down and a better choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Until you hand over cash and drive home the prices are not set

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mupchease wrote: »
    How long can we hold onto the deposit reservation before having the ultimatum ?

Next year...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111175497&postcount=414

stesaurus wrote: »
    Could have been mistranslated from the interpreter or I heard wrong but I thought she said it will be €30k before any national incentives. So base model around €22-23 here after incentives and increased VAT rate. That couldn't be correct though

The <€30k price is for Germany.
    You wont get the full €5k VRT exemption because the RRP is below €35k so you wont quite get the full €10k of incentives off.

VW have said all along that it will be priced like an equivalent spec diesel Golf. So, expect it to be about €28k OTR.... give or take.

Anything under €30k OTR will be a good result, I think.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Is that screen not actually blocking your view of the road? seems a weird height to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭user1842

What is with the horrible black (plastic?) hump on the bonnet. Are VW purposely trying to make this look ugly.

Come on...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,020 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

user1842 wrote: »
    What is with the horrible black (plastic?) hump on the bonnet. Are VW purposely trying to make this look ugly.

Come on...

That's the pedestrian protection thing. It's meant to cushion an adults head if you knock them down to try reduce the risk of a severe neck/head injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's the pedestrian protection thing. It's meant to cushion an adults head if you knock them down to try reduce the risk of a severe neck/head injury.
    probably handy because a lot of pedestrians will stop in front of it and stare at how ugly it is.

i will probably be getting my deposit back, not happy with the general looks and interior quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭user1842

TitianGerm wrote: »

They could have made it nicer. Seems like a horrible after thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    probably handy because a lot of pedestrians will stop in front of it and stare at how ugly it is.

i will probably be getting my deposit back, not happy with the general looks and interior quality
    :confused: the look hasn't exactly changed from when it had the camo on it.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    :confused: the look hasn't exactly changed from when it had the camo on it.
    mainly interior, but i was hoping that the camo was deliberately made to look uglier :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

It's all a matter of taste but I much like the look of this interior over the button hell models. It's look airy and knowing it's a VW the tactile and touchy feely quality will be up there with the best in class.

The centre display looks like a virtual carbon copy of the Ioniq 38 kWh one.

Drive selector is plagurized from i3 and I've used that and know it is a good solution.
    With the rear seats down it is bigger than some Estate cars.

What are the 4 colours the 1st is coming in..
    So far I've seen that blue/green....the white and the black what's the 4th colour?

seen grey on the video from the production line video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oFbhKF2-Y

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

What are the 4 colours the 1st is coming in..
    So far I've seen that blue/green....the white and the black what's the 4th colour?

They said that the reddish/wine colour on the camo version was one of the colours avaialble. Maybe that?

rivegauche wrote: »
    seen grey on the video from the production line video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oFbhKF2-Y

that grey colour one is nicer looking then the others for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

samih wrote: »
    They said that the reddish/wine colour on the camo version was one of the colours avaialble. Maybe that?

Yeah, they've stated both of the colours used in the camo would be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

liamog wrote: »

18 month wait for a €30,000, 50kW charging ID3 with 330km of range from a 45kWh pack

A bloody Corsa costs less than that, is available soon and charges at 100kW, with the same range

Very disappointing VW

Mike9832 wrote: »
    18 month wait for a €30,000, 50kW charging ID3 with 330km of range from a 45kWh pack

A bloody Corsa costs less than that, is available soon and charges at 100kW, with the same range

Very disappointing VW

To be honest if you where not disappointed I think everyone on the forum would faint in shock :P:P:P:P:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The exterior is pretty good imo except the hump on the bonnet, which seems like a very unnecessary addition.A black model will probably hide the hump or at least make it less visible.
    The interior leaves a lot to be desired,the light colour is woeful and the screen looks odd and an afterthought.

Advertisement