Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I have a few bugs which appear randomly. One wouldn't allow to direct the flow to my feet and the 2nd wouldn't turn eco mode for the passenger when driving alone. There are probably some other one but nowhere near the amount people on the continent get. The LHD wipers are the most annoying thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What's the story with this ACC? Can it be separated from GPS/sign recognition? I don't like the idea of it slowing down because it doesn't know the correct speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Did not notice to many bugs with my car. Nearly 3 weeks now. But I don't look at the screen all the time so maybe I don't notice them at all. I just put in D sport mode and enjoy my drive.

I must play around with the modes a bit more. I like the throttle response in Sport mode, but don't like the stronger regen. So have mainly being using Comfort in D which gives almost no regen unless a car ahead or whatever.

Must set up an Individual mode.

Not a great user of ACC, not much motorways for me atm, as you say enjoy the driving.

Tried the stop/start today, worked fine. But a little too jumpy for me in town driving. Probably work fine in long queues of slow traffic, but I think prefer not to have ACC on in town. Need to play around with it a bit more, but probably wont get much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Maerlokw wrote: »
    What kind of consumption is everyone getting? It feels like my ID.3 is consuming a lot, I'm getting about 18KW/h per 100km at 100km/h and maybe like 25 at 120km/h.
    Don't have anything crazy either, the Aircon is set to 20.0c on auto.

Feel like compared to what everyone else is saying my consumption is really high and the range is way less. Like I drove 20km on the motorway at 100km/h and it took 7/8% of the battery.

Stupid question but where can I see this? When I go to Vehicle-> Data I just get blank information?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

Hi lads, anyone have issues with the car not communicating with your ID3 connect app, i have had a ticket open with VW for over 3 weeks, I cant do the factory reset because it says it cannot disconnect the WEconnect link, but i dont have the car in my garage in my app as I deleted it as I saw the below

https://i.ibb.co/jhRvVJ9/Screenshot-201.jpg

• Advertisement

This is the **** i get over and over

https://i.ibb.co/5vycRPB/factresetid3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,169 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Shango wrote: »
    This is the **** i get over and over

https://i.ibb.co/5vycRPB/factresetid3.jpg

Does it look like it's resetting until that point.

If you want a quick fix use a different email address and log in and add the car as if setting up for the first time. Only thing worked for me.

Stupid question but where can I see this? When I go to Vehicle-> Data I just get blank information?

When you power up your car you should have your three trip computers, Since Start, Since Charging and Long term. (Not sure if my wording is correct, from memory)

You look to be in the correct place, just click on one of the three options above. (same info would be on one of your home screens by default if I remember correctly)

Other than that, can't help. Perhaps a reset?

Is the auto handbrake not staying on permanent, could be on for a day or two then you have to turn it back on again, had to do it twice today.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

When taxing the vehicle for the 1st time was anyone else’s listed as an estate? I queried this with the dealer but he said they’re all down as that, as are Golfs apparently (although I don’t think this was the case with my last Golf in 2016)

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Advertisement

Does it look like it's resetting until that point.

If you want a quick fix use a different email address and log in and add the car as if setting up for the first time. Only thing worked for me.

It sets the options / units back to default so yes its doing something, just the addition of the car i cant get, i tried new email and keep getting the cannot generate qr code, so annoying, ill try again with reset and another email.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

Do your voice commands work well?

Matt was speaking really clearly when he was looking for the street in Rugby, but I don't think he was giving the car enough time after he said the key words to alert the system that he was going to speak.

Seems to be pretty flawless for me. Must admit changing radio stations by name is very handy, especially when no preset buttons. Massive improvement over BMW’s system in the i3.

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

It sets the options / units back to default so yes its doing something, just the addition of the car i cant get, i tried new email and keep getting the cannot generate qr code, so annoying, ill try again with reset and another email.

Your probably doing it but I meant register a new vw account the code should be on the car screen, not much point doing anything if you can't get that to pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I spoke with the helpline about this problem. They had me go in to the VW portal and delete the email and details from there.

www.portal.volkswagen-we.com

There was a conflict between the email address I used when I originally ordered the car and the email I used when setting up the App.

You need to wait about 30 minutes after doing it to enable the systems to delete your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

This is what the bonnet looks like with the black trim missing. It must be replaced if you remove it as it's bonded to the bonnet.

If anyone is interested took a few pics today of a fairly routine trip that I do.
    172 km. Mainly 80/100km/h roads and about 30 km @120km/h on motorway. Tried to stay at speed limit, but not always possible.

Had an hour to waste at lunch time so filled car at Ionity Gorey while ate. (Didn't need half of it but wanted to see what GOM looked like..:))

Still very much learning what the car will do. Think I have a good idea now with all road types. Colder weather will not be so good, car not using auto heat much except at start today. But roads were damp later with drizzle at times.

I don't think the average speed looks correct, must take into account when you are stopped with the car powered up. I also had to wait at two Garda road checks near Courtown, one was at least 10 mins. And took at least 10 mins to crawl out of Wexford.

One thing I noticed is that ACC takes a bit from efficiency. Don't use it much unless on motorway. Prefer to drive myself..:).

eX52GDt.jpg

HxOHrvE.jpg

rx8 wrote: »
    This is what the bonnet looks like with the black trim missing. It must be replaced if you remove it as it's bonded to the bonnet.

Pity they wouldn't change the wiper arms around....

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

eagerv wrote: »
    When you power up your car you should have your three trip computers, Since Start, Since Charging and Long term. (Not sure if my wording is correct, from memory)

You look to be in the correct place, just click on one of the three options above. (same info would be on one of your home screens by default if I remember correctly)

Other than that, can't help. Perhaps a reset?

Thanks. I had to actually drive the car for the data to appear. So maybe I had it offline or in neutral or something.

It’s showing as 19.9 kWh/100km for me. I’ve done 580km on it but I think it had been driven 200km or so before I got it first.

When taxing the vehicle for the 1st time was anyone else’s listed as an estate? I queried this with the dealer but he said they’re all down as that, as are Golfs apparently (although I don’t think this was the case with my last Golf in 2016)

Mine is the same. I thought I had made a mistake when filling out form, so contacted Motor Tax. They told me the problem is with Revenue and should send my cert to them in Rosslare Harbour with a cover note stating their error. They (Motor Tax) said a new corrected cert would be sent to me as soon as they were notified by Revenue. I sent the cert off last week, heard nothing since.

Motor Tax said it is in our interest to have it corrected due to possible implications when insuring vehicle.

Thanks. I had to actually drive the car for the data to appear. So maybe I had it offline or in neutral or something.

It’s showing as 19.9 kWh/100km for me. I’ve done 580km on it but I think it had been driven 200km or so before I got it first.

The computer may not mean much, not sure if I can trust it yet.
    Mine showed over 18kWh/100km for first 30km or so of my trip today and only started dropping fast after that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

DaveyDave wrote: »
    What's the story with this ACC? Can it be separated from GPS/sign recognition? I don't like the idea of it slowing down because it doesn't know the correct speed.

There is an option in the menus to stop it doing speed sign recognition.
    It was shown in one of the Youtube videos... Bjorn I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

For those with the car and reporting bugs... is it possible to see what version of the software you have running and post that also to see if everyone has the same right now.... Just in case there are multiple versions. Probably not, but just in case.

And it will be something we will need to know anyway after the "big update" that comes next year that fixes everything! :)

KCross wrote: »
    There is an option in the menus to stop it doing speed sign recognition.
    It was shown in one of the Youtube videos... Bjorn I think.

It's another thing that should stay off permanently when you turn it off, I was driving along at 100 the other day with a car behind me and it braked down to 60 at a no overtaking sign. It's pain having to constantly turn on or off different features if you jump out for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

eagerv wrote: »
    Pity they wouldn't change the wiper arms around....

It looks like it might not be possible to just change the driver side arm to the top position. The passenger arm mounting is higher than the driver side. If you changed the position of the arms, they wouldn't sit straight anymore, and may even cause a clash of the blades during the wipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Gumbo wrote: »

This is ridiculous.
    How many new ICE cars do CarWow drive to empty, call the AA and have rescued...

CarWow viewer -> not buying one of them things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

jusmeig wrote: »
    This is ridiculous.
    How many new ICE cars do CarWow drive to empty, call the AA and have rescued...

CarWow viewer -> not buying one of them things.
    how? hes done it with most evs that he has driven. nice to see what the actual real world range of a vehicle is..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

shanec1928 wrote: »
    how? hes done it with most evs that he has driven. nice to see what the actual real world range of a vehicle is..

Because it says "ID3 Review", and it looks like he accidently drives it to flat and calls the AA. I've seen him do a segment where the purpose of the video was to drive 5 different EVs to flat, to see what happened, but in that he was not reviewing them.

It's not a very good advertisement for the car (and Carwow sell cars). Is it a thing that you need to see what happens an electric car if it breaks down as part of a review to inform your purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

jusmeig wrote: »

It's not a very good advertisement for the car (and Carwow sell cars). Is it a thing that you need to see what happens an electric car if it breaks down as part of a review to inform your purchase?

It increases their views and thus revenue.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm sure a lot of people want to know what will happen their electric car when it runs out of power.. without it actually happening to their car.

These videos are great in my opinion...

Advertisement