Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

eagerv wrote: »
    Even a quick tap seems to increase by 10km/h most of the time for me. Perhaps more practice needed. Or increase speed by accelerator and then press "set" again.

I find it okay :) A swipe up will increase it by 10 and then direct press on the + for single increments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

heron_joe wrote: »
    I find it okay :) A swipe up will increase it by 10 and then direct press on the + for single increments.

Yep the swipe is the only way I can get what I want if I want 10km/h increments.

But if I want 3km/h increase, I end up with either 12, 21 or 30km/h increase....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So I did get an extra 22% at the esb charger it was the app showing me wrong charging information, had 135k range passing the Kinsale road roundabout, only 70k back to Ionity in Cashel, no problemo I thought...spent most of the way back at 100km on the Motorway when the range started dropping rapidly at 120km

IMG-20201013-142640.jpg

At least the charging speed has improved..

IMG-20201013-144058.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

There was an update to the iOS app today and now it shows your we charge history

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

So I did get an extra 22% at the esb charger it was the app showing me wrong charging information, had 135k range passing the Kinsale road roundabout, only 70k back to Ionity in Cashel, no problemo I thought...spent most of the way back at 100km on the Motorway when the range started dropping rapidly at 120km

IMG-20201013-142640.jpg

At least the charging speed has improved..

IMG-20201013-144058.jpg

Kinsale road roundabout to ionity cashel is ab 93km, not 70:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Seen it all now.... This guy picked up his ID3 and it had 3, 18" wheels on it and 1, 19" one... WTF like.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/514077975814912/permalink/760416997847674/

Kinsale road roundabout to ionity cashel is ab 93km, not 70:)

Yea I just hit the first Cashel that popped to see the distance, turns out it was the cashel tipperary municipal office in tipp town:o

That was my first proper spin on the Motorway, I've some serious issues with how the car is behaving, twice when passing a slip road it tried to break down to 80km also no matter what assists I turned off I couldn't get the car to stop breaking when I was trying to overtake on the Motorway with the cruise control on, you'd start overtaking and the car would keep trying to break. No choice but to turn off the cruise control altogether as it was unusable.

rx8 wrote: »
    Seen it all now.... This guy picked up his ID3 and it had 3, 18" wheels on it and 1, 19" one... WTF like.

LOL:). Must check mine...

(A bit obvious though, isn't it?)

I know it came up before but I’m considering going for the VW GAP insurance. However, there doesn’t seem to be much information available, and it feels there should be :) anyone go for it or know of anyone who did? Will it be as straight forward as it’s made out to be when it comes to claiming (God forbid)?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Looking a the 1st PLUS - there is a holding bracket (see pic) where the Wireless charger would go in the MAX. whats the chances that if we you popped this off there could be a connector/splitter behind it to route a wire to a custom wireless charger so to save you have to loop over the USB wire. (i've tried to pop it off but cannot get it to pop out - looks to be poppable so maybe i just need to apply more force). what do you think - road to nowhere?
    tak3sZDWYdLwjcr_CFS0UbdzHlBzGhpKcyvmUwKnc2cnwvCuJ_hcan_Nkve7S9BguQyvUM0mqvOj5UaCl0GED9tVlxaPGyucECx0D6cUbfcZQNjto1rz6MmRlwQstGMB6rejVDXZK2dIa0FoW7IJWNTYBLU6bNBNvlqEkUvFHl1WX9qml_kOfHOPWdKO4OHoKEzl4UGHMU0NO8kS05t3YVHVeXQq4VVeYkxpv3xaO2t3U9ihnOZ9lWBiPHQ5-Y4OE8RBdP3ClQwbxCye4Xaj_v31sHID0EnWlsb0BG1X3qP1hpWGx3zfiCQBYk7OamKdTJ8gRSFUKZ1dnwID157PgCAlLVt9zqFF7kDHQJg0Csf7F6sTnrEGJVZgtcATPdR0_2XEcv50Y12vmLEqgDssVz3dv78-BAVkFFS-cJGzzMSZFLfOKPCW3pe4PFmXshcJZr-20Bbb4uC5KiyNAlqdE42kNNOCQ4znDKgpXUBvwhNbihmr_Dr-empUfzaIsw1DxgqTf5UHl1eXrhcfDkNeMKVlhenGl-iTGa-WETtHuOQzVKHHzbGb3dvQ94gthYwnRsu8d_GC1H5Xkm_sZjeAwdHzYaQVP6OHkvKzGFc_ux4jLyTsgQVQY2SID_CcR1CbRoVx4u4Emvk_ziVKBssQ2fzA38jinLltpu-8x-GxwvRw_dfmTPQ132ZRwTI-2Q=w1350-h1800-no?authuser=0

• Advertisement

I just popped it off with a knife, doesn't seem to be much in there it's only clipped on make sure to pop it from the side with the silver clips..not sure if you can tap into them but they must be powering the usb c ports

IMG-20201014-121812.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I know it came up before but I’m considering going for the VW GAP insurance. However, there doesn’t seem to be much information available, and it feels there should be :) anyone go for it or know of anyone who did? Will it be as straight forward as it’s made out to be when it comes to claiming (God forbid)?

This is actually something I need to find out about as well. Not sure if it's the same but the dealership I'm speaking to gives this thing called Combined GAP insurance.

Basically it seems to have 2 parts:

GAP insurance - will pay out the difference between the Insurance company valuation and the remaining finance amount

RTI insurance - Will pay the difference between the purchase price of the vehicle and the insurance company valuation

Apparently the policy pays the greater of the two amounts if the car is written off. I didn't get a copy of the T&Cs so presumably there's a catch somewhere with all this

It's €399 for the combined policy for an ID.4, I'm guessing it's the same price for all cars.

I haven't looked around the market so I've no idea how this compares to other prices. To be frank, I've no idea where to look, it's not like Aviva are advertising it or anything.

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

haha! F**king hell! :eek:

drumm23 wrote: »
    haha! F**king hell! :eek:

Hope he tells them that 3 of them are wrong.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Maerlokw

I'm reading the brochure for the ID.3 1st again, the base model and in the functional equipment it says
    "2 front USB-C interfaces and 2 rear USB-C interfaces for charging"

However in my ID.3 1st base, there's nothing there to charge anything in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Maerlokw wrote: »
    I'm reading the brochure for the ID.3 1st again, the base model and in the functional equipment it says
    "2 front USB-C interfaces and 2 rear USB-C interfaces for charging"

However in my ID.3 1st base, there's nothing there to charge anything in the back.

Yea, the brochure is wrong unfortunately. Only in Plus and Max for the 1st edition.

I just popped it off with a knife, doesn't seem to be much in there it's only clipped on make sure to pop it from the side with the silver clips..not sure if you can tap into them but they must be powering the usb c ports

IMG-20201014-121812.jpg

Great - thanks for that & I'm hoping there is some way to split those cables (they seem to be standard connectors) - i think i'll just wait for a retrofit like i see for the Golf - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inbay-Qi-charger-smartphone-compartment-for-VW-Arteon-3H-Passat-B8-3G-2020/353174170978?epid=19040290569&hash=item523ad22d62:g:2WUAAOSw3N9fO5di

I went for it @ €399. Rusky was quoted €599 by his dealer. It's done through a UK company called Auto Protect and Red Sands Insurance Co. in Gibraltar. They will only sell this type of policy through a motor dealer.
    Some dealer are clearly taking the p**s with their prices.
    I'd say there'll be a lot of hoops and red-tape involved before any pay-out would be made though.

IMG-20201014-121812.jpg

Can you show us a wider picture, hard to see where that is actually.

Have a look at some schematic pictures here.
    It may be available from VW to fit yourself.

https://evflux.pro/id3-interior/#front-centre-console-lhd-models

That's all that's there just those two cables, I predict some time in the future people will be removing those center consoles to fit swivel captains chairs.

• Advertisement

that is perfect & exactly what i wanted to see - so yea, they seem to say that is very do-able to retrofit wireless charge so that is good to know...

interestedly the same unit has a 'chip card reader unit' suggesting RFID support in the future...

I went for it @ €399. Rusky was quoted €599 by his dealer. It's done through a UK company called Auto Protect and Red Sands Insurance Co. in Gibraltar. They will only sell this type of policy through a motor dealer.
    I'd say there'll be a lot of hoops and red-tape involved before any pay-out would be made though.

Gibraltar? That doesn't sound dodgy at all. As with all insurance claims, they'll drag their heels as much as possible, which will no doubt cost you. Might be worth asking if your finance stops accruing interest or late payments while the claim is being processed

interestedly the same unit has a 'chip card reader unit' suggesting RFID support in the future...

I think that's in the cup holder and is for starting the car when the key fob has died. If you pop the fob in there it reads the rfid and allows the car to start

I wonder where they got the schematics. Are there copies of the service manual available online?

I was only quoted 499 which in the end I had to pay as I had no choice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I was only quoted 499 which in the end I had to pay as I had no choice:)

Definitely some negotiation to be had there. I got mine down a good bit on collecting it today.

I was looking at this model for my previous car but didn’t go through with it. Would you mind sharing pics to see how they appear in ID.3?

See attached

eagerv wrote: »
    Thanks for that, they seem to be a good system.
    Did you wire it directly or use USB?

12V socket in the boot. 12V batteries in evs seem to be flaky so I wouldn't risk wiring directly. Have only 2 usb ports so I didn't want to loose one permanently, also I could find suitable adapters.

ddarcy wrote: »
    Definitely some negotiation to be had there. I got mine down a good bit on collecting it today.

I tried, they said its a fixed price take it or leave it.

• Advertisement

See attached

Thanks for that. Looks very tidy! Nice job :)

Advertisement