Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

I had the map on the main screen and received a phone call. A box popped up with various options to answer reject etc.
    However when I wanted to hang up there was no obvious way,(to me while driving), I had to wait till the other party hung up.

Anybody notice this or did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I had the map on the main screen and received a phone call. A box popped up with various options to answer reject etc.
    However when I wanted to hang up there was no obvious way,(to me while driving), I had to wait till the other party hung up.

Anybody notice this or did I miss something?

Is there a phone icon on the wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is there a phone icon on the wheel?

No unfortunately not. I’m not sure if the new Golf has one but the Mk 7 did. Much simpler procedure, especially with the hit and miss voice control in the ID.3 - some parts seem great and others borderline functional.

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Is there an alarm on the id3? Don’t see any mention of one in the specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Johnfred wrote: »
    Is there an alarm on the id3? Don’t see any mention of one in the specs.

Thats an interesting one.

Its not listed in the spec for the 1st edition. Maybe a mistake.

It is listed in the series production model for all versions except the entry level "Life" version.

I'd be surprised if they have left an alarm out of the 1st edition but maybe they have.

Any owners care to test it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

KCross wrote: »
    Thats an interesting one.

Its not listed in the spec for the 1st edition. Maybe a mistake.

It is listed in the series production model for all versions except the entry level "Life" version.

I'd be surprised if they have left an alarm out of the 1st edition but maybe they have.

Any owners care to test it out?

would but don't know how to invoke it other than throw a brick through the window..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

The Max version has an alarm system. Not on any other 1st editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

would but don't know how to invoke it other than throw a brick through the window..

You could lock the car with someone inside and see if that sets off the alarm.

Might be somewhat less destructive :D

Just remember to let them out afterwards

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Would there be some kind of ultrasonic sensors in the cabin?

Would there be some kind of ultrasonic sensors in the cabin?

Or (and this plan might be a bit crazy) you could check the manual? :D

• Advertisement

Or (and this plan might be a bit crazy) you could check the manual? :D

It would probably just say "where fitted" if its an optional thing.

It would probably just say "where fitted" if its an optional thing.

True, but it'll give you an idea on how to check without breaking a window

The manual has
    Anti-theft alarm
    Depending on the vehicle equipment level, the vehicle may have an anti-theft alarm.
    The anti-theft alarm monitors the doors, bonnet and the boot lid.
    The anti-theft alarm is automatically activated when the vehicle is locked.
    If the vehicle is not opened with a valid vehicle key, the anti-theft alarm is triggered and emits acoustic and visual warning signals for up to five minutes.

When does the system trigger an alarm?
    When a door that was unlocked mechanically with the vehicle key is opened.
    When the bonnet is opened.
    When the boot lid is opened.
    When an invalid vehicle key is used.
    If there is movement inside the vehicle (in vehicles with interior monitoring) Interior monitoring system and anti-tow alarm, Description.
    If the vehicle is lifted or towed (vehicles with anti-tow alarm) Interior monitoring system and anti-tow alarm, Description.
    If the vehicle is transported on a car ferry or by rail (vehicles with anti-tow alarm or interior monitoring) Interior monitoring system and anti-tow alarm, Description.
    If a bicycle carrier that is connected to the anti-theft alarm system is removed.
    If the 12-volt vehicle battery is disconnected.

Easiest way to check is lock the car with someone in it.

Description.
    If the vehicle is lifted or towed
    If the vehicle is transported on a car ferry or by rail

I wonder how that works? Maybe a gyroscope sensor combined with GPS to sense if the car is moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Does anyone know if the order you plug in the charger cable matters?

I was using my own lead with a public charger and I plugged it into the charger first and then my car. A passing construction worker made a comment to me that you should do it the other way round as it can damage the battery. I’d never heard anything about that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Does anyone know if the order you plug in the charger cable matters?

I was using my own lead with a public charger and I plugged it into the charger first and then my car. A passing construction worker made a comment to me that you should do it the other way round as it can damage the battery. I’d never heard anything about that before.

Nah makes no difference what order you do it, there is no contact made until car and the evse communicate with each other.

The two pins on the top are only 30 volts and do that part.

So really it's only "plugged in" a few seconds after you've inserted the cable and the car wants to take current (you'll year a click in the EVSE then)

https://www.dalroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Type-II-connector-product-spec.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

redcup342 wrote: »
    Nah makes no difference what order you do it, there is no contact made until car and the evse communicate with each other.

The two pins on the top are only 30 volts and do that part.

So really it's only "plugged in" a few seconds after you've inserted the cable and the car wants to take current (you'll year a click in the EVSE then)

https://www.dalroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Type-II-connector-product-spec.pdf

Thanks. Yeah I thought as much but your man seemed pretty sure of himself. Maybe the very first EVs worked like that or something! I had even asked at the dealership and they told me the order didn’t matter.

I just popped it off with a knife, doesn't seem to be much in there it's only clipped on make sure to pop it from the side with the silver clips..not sure if you can tap into them but they must be powering the usb c ports

IMG-20201014-121812.jpg

I had a look at this yesterday. The rubbery phone holder just pops out and the plastic piece comes out easily enough too. I then pushed out the usb connectors and disconnected the red and green plugs. The green one is a bit tricky but with a very narrow screwdriver you can get it to come out. Both connectors have 4 pins, the red one has them in a line, but the green one is circular and they are in a square configuration. I would have thought that there would be another connector for the phone charger but it seems like the wiring loom is different in the plus and max. Maybe you could splice into the cable that goes to the rear usb's to power a phone charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Yesterday, I was sitting in the ID.3 parked & after a few minutes there was a large humming noise from the right hand side of the dash (right of the steering wheel) - i turned off the radio (thinking it was from the speakers) & the humming was still present.. only ever happened once but i got out, locked it, unlocked it and it was gone.

Looks like I'll be officially in the ID3 gang next week :)

• Advertisement

Pictures or it never happened ;)

Are you excited?
    Best of luck with it.

rx8 wrote: »
    Pictures or it never happened ;)

Are you excited?
    Best of luck with it.

Yup I'll stick a picture up once I collect.

I honestly can't wait. I was worried they might not be able to get it in for me seeing as I only ordered it 4 weeks ago yesterday.

First brand new car for me and coming from a 2014 1.2TSI Golf :)

I think there will be a lot going out this week. That delayed boat landed.

I think there will be a lot going out this week. That delayed boat landed.

Ah I thought mine would be on the boat after that. I'll be like a child on Christmas Eve all week :pac:

Does the car come with a granny charger actually?

Ah I thought mine would be on the boat after that. I'll be like a child on Christmas Eve all week :pac:

Does the car come with a granny charger actually?

It comes with a granny cable and a type 2, 16 Amp cable which will work with the 22kw on-street chargers, but will only be good for 3.6kw if you use it at home.
    A tethered home charge point is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Me too ,that boat must have lost its way first I heard it was to dock in Cork then miraculously it found its way to Dublin.
    We are beginning to sound like Tesla fans!!!!!!

jerryg wrote: »
    Me too I hope that boat must have got lost ?
    We are beginning to sound like Tesla fans!!!!!!

But at least if anything goes wrong with mine I can just go 10 minutes down the road to the garage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How's everyones range with a full charge, I'm getting anywhere from 300km to 330km reading when it's full.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Damien360

ID3 in my estate this morning. White. Lovely looking machine. It’s bigger than the online pictures give it credit for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Between 340 and 420 but no motorways in my part of the universe:)

Advertisement