Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ddarcy wrote: »
    Just wanted to see if anyone else has this with the reversing camera. Send like it is off centred. Wondering if anyone else sees that. Given where I park, the bit that is missing is actually useful. I’d assume it’s supposed to cover over the blank / blackened right side.

What happens if you press the blue P button to turn off the sensors. Will that remove the top down view of the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just wanted to see if anyone else has this with the reversing camera. Send like it is off centred. Wondering if anyone else sees that. Given where I park, the bit that is missing is actually useful. I’d assume it’s supposed to cover over the blank / blackened right side.

Try scrolling the screen to right or left? I don't have a reversing camera but remember somebody else mentioning such..

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Phoned my dealership today he said it would be improbable that my car would be available this week,I am thinking of pulling the plug as I don't want a November car .Anyone else having trouble with their delivery?

Lookin' well at the dealership this morning.

I'll be joining the Wexford ID.3 massive in a Tour early next year. :D

Best of luck, I am a bit jealous already..:D

(Only joking, loving my one so far..)

jerryg wrote: »
    Phoned my dealership today he said it would be improbable that my car would be available this week,I am thinking of pulling the plug as I don't want a November car .Anyone else having trouble with their delivery?

The way I'm looking at it is if I change at the end of my PCP it'll be a three year old car when the time comes whether I buy in November or January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What happens if you press the blue P button to turn off the sensors. Will that remove the top down view of the car?

That actually turned off the camera😀 so not ideal.

eagerv wrote: »
    Try scrolling the screen to right or left? I don't have a reversing camera but remember somebody else mentioning such..

Yep this fixed it. Put the reverse camera on the full screen. Although you lose the parking sensor menu. Definitely an improvement can be made here I think

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Funnily enough I took photos of my display today for the exact same reason.

as mentioned if you swipe the parking sensors graphic to the left the camera fills the whole of the screen.

Another thing the list for the quarter 1 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Johnfred wrote: »
    Did you get the €1000 rebate from VW?
    No not yet. I assume I have to wait until I get the charger installed. I will chase up with the dealer then.

I got the credit today for the charger. However it was only for 826.40€ which is a bit annoying. I'm assuming this is the €1k they mentioned, minus the VAT at 21%. I wish they had explained that to me a bit better.

Did anyone else receive theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Did anyone get the rebate for the first 3 months yet?
    I was told by the dealer VW would pay it directly into my account with in a month from receiving the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I got the credit today for the charger. However it was only for 826.40€ which is a bit annoying. I'm assuming this is the €1k they mentioned, minus the VAT at 21%. I wish they had explained that to me a bit better.

Did anyone else receive theirs?

Did you get your own electrician to install it?

It sounds like you did in which case they will only refund the price of the charge point which is what you appear to have got, which includes the vat.

I'm going to be gutted if can't collect my car on Saturday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

KCross wrote: »
    Did you get your own electrician to install it?

It sounds like you did in which case they will only refund the price of the charge point which is what you appear to have got, which includes the vat.

No not at all. I booked it through their website so I paid the full price.

I'm still actually waiting for it to be installed even though i ordered and paid for it a month ago.

I'm still actually waiting for it to be installed even though i ordered and paid for it a month ago.

Ok, so what version of the charge point did you buy? What was the invoice total?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I ordered mine a month ago and got an email today to say it has been shipped. I am not getting the install through VW.

Looks like they had supply issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The way I'm looking at it is if I change at the end of my PCP it'll be a three year old car when the time comes whether I buy in November or January.

It's not a big deal in my opinion, especially if you're on PCP. My Golf took four and a half months due to DSG shortages. Got it mid October (3 years old last week!) and a few people said I should wait til January. Made no difference to me, I just wanted my car.

Worst part was calling the dealer on a Friday evening to ask if it was on the boat that week, he said it was sitting outside! Started my work shift the next day so had to wait 4 days before picking it up. No word of it being registered or anything, I was fuming haha.

Are Garages not considered essential services? I haven't yet looked into which businesses are staying open but hopefully will work out for you.
    Do you live beyond the 5km restrictions from your dealer? Are you an essential worker?
    I am sure the dealer could deliver the car to you, but would personally prefer to pick up myself.
    Best of luck whatever..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Are Garages not considered essential services? I haven't yet looked into which businesses are staying open but hopefully will work out for you.
    Do you live beyond the 5km restrictions from your dealer? Are you an essential worker?
    I am sure the dealer could deliver the car to you, but would personally prefer to pick up myself.
    Best of luck whatever..

Maybe if the dealer was on the way to Tesco, a person could be just doing their shopping. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Best of luck whatever..

AFAIK they are essential for repair/service, but not for sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I had a chat with my dealership about this for buying my ID.4

Basically he said for the most part they can operate remotely and they'll find a way that you can pickup the car.

Remember for the most part the pickup is signing the forms and getting the keys, the rest can be done via email

Also, I suspect that basically every industry is going to be listed as essential in an effort to keep closures to a minimum. There'll likely be additional restrictions around how many people can enter a business at once, but for the most part I think a lot of car dealerships can work within this

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

I’d say call into the dealer and get all the things done with finance, if possible before end of tomorrow. I had to sign e-forms.

My next door neighbour owns a car dealership and he told me that they are still doing collections by appointment, so I’d say you should be grand.

Definitely ring the dealer up today though and get everything sorted beforehand. They may not be able to go through the car with you on delivery, but it’s fairly easy to figure out /set up.

I was just on a call with my dealership and asked about how they're going to keep operating.

He said they have some digital platform they can use for all the communications and they can deliver the cars to customers.

So I'd say you'll be grand getting your ID.3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

So, my husband got his ID3 two weeks ago. Seats are as comfortable as those on Dublin bus and shiny black plastic trim shows every fingerprint - not very practical at all. Instant and effortless power is nice though.

j@utis wrote: »
    So, my husband got his ID3 two weeks ago. Seats are as comfortable as those on Dublin bus and shiny black plastic trim shows every fingerprint - not very practical at all. Instant and effortless power is nice though.

Sorry to hear you didn't like the seats, mind if I ask if you got the base 1st or 1st Plus?

The plastic gloss is annoying, unfortunately it seems to be a feature of all new cars now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Anyone got the info on how to reclaim the 1000EUR for the First Movers Charger? Dealer told me to buy from Elli & talk to VW directly & they'll send a cheque upto 1000eur back - just looking to see if anyone else has successfully navigated this process?

Anyone got the info on how to reclaim the 1000EUR for the First Movers Charger? Dealer told me to buy from Elli & talk to VW directly & they'll send a cheque upto 1000eur back - just looking to see if anyone else has successfully navigated this process?

Was given the same info.... you buy it and pay upfront and they reimburse you once you show them the invoice so its an "upto €1000" refund not a flat €1000!

Also, if you get your own electrician to install it they wont reimburse that either.... only the VW charge point and a VW approved installer are eligible.

Was given the same info.... you buy it and pay upfront and they reimburse you once you show them the invoice so its an "upto €1000" refund not a flat €1000!

Also, if you get your own electrician to install it they wont reimburse that either.... only the VW charge point and a VW approved installer are eligible.

Cheers - i've just paid for the wifi charger & their installation - came in around 1376 inc VAT. the quote for installation is on power to what i was quoted by other Sparks.. Did you get an email address or phone number to send the invoice into?

Anyone know if that includes the €600 from SEAI or not? Could you get up to €1600 covered by grants?

Anyone know if that includes the €600 from SEAI or not? Could you get up to €1600 covered by grants?

Yea - read somewhere it post grant (i.e. VW refund the difference after taking the SEAI grant into account)

• Advertisement

Cheers - i've just paid for the wifi charger & their installation - came in around 1376 inc VAT. the quote for installation is on power to what i was quoted by other Sparks.. Did you get an email address or phone number to send the invoice into?

No, I havent actually done it. Just enquired about the process.
    I'd ask here "id@volkswagen.ie". I think you submit it to your dealer and they are supposed to take care of it for you.

Its an interesting question.

So, if you, for instance, pick the "ID Charger Connect" model and include installation it comes to €1376. You pay that upfront, send VW that invoice (if you are a 1st mover) and they give you a cheque for €1000 so net cost to you of €376.

You can then, in theory, claim the €600 grant so you would be up money. I dont think there is any way for the SEAI to know you got the €1k cheque from VW. You would have all the necessary docs to prove you bought, paid and installed the charge point at €1376.

It will be interesting if someone can report back if that is how it pans out.

Advertisement