Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yea - read somewhere it post grant (i.e. VW refund the difference after taking the SEAI grant into account)

How would they know though? The grant is between you and the SEAI. You could, for instance, not be entitled to a grant because you already claimed it for a previous car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Sorry to hear you didn't like the seats, mind if I ask if you got the base 1st or 1st Plus?

The plastic gloss is annoying, unfortunately it seems to be a feature of all new cars now :(

Base. I'm thinking of slapping some matte vinyl film over the shinny bits :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

KCross wrote: »
    How would they know though? The grant is between you and the SEAI. You could, for instance, not be entitled to a grant because you already claimed it for a previous car.

Yea - good point - .. I don't know how that grant works as i'm commercial so they won't give it to me so i've had to pay out for the full install.. I'll try and dig out where i read it - could have been on this thread a while back..

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Ok, so what version of the charge point did you buy? What was the invoice total?

I got the middle version. Total came to 1,376€.

Seems from what others are saying the rebate was up to €1k. That wasn’t explained to me properly.

Still I guess with the SEAI grant I’ll have more than covered the cost of the install.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

If anyone wants to mooch around the ID.3 owner's manual online, go to the link below and use the registration L3 VWW, or the VIN WVWZZZE1ZMP001085

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my-car/manuals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,462 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

If anyone wants to mooch around the ID.3 owner's manual online, go to the link below and use the registration L3 VWW, or the VIN WVWZZZE1ZMP001085

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my-car/manuals

Awesome, thanks a million for that!

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

Hi, did anyone have issues with getting the weconnect app to work. I also have a warning for sos switch not working and contact workshop. The seats are kind of hard for long journeys 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

BatteryLife has done a full walkthrough of the car.

Are nightly charge timers not in the system yet or are they buried in a menu somewhere?

Are nightly charge timers not in the system yet or are they buried in a menu somewhere?

Not in the system yet - hoping it to be added when the software is updated in Q1-2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

From the 1st movers club on Facebook

Dear First Movers,
    As promised we are continuously working to further improve your experience with the ID.3.
    A first software patch to improve on frequently reported issues (airbag lamp on, problems with rearview camera, black screen, loss of auto-hold, function of sun-screen) will be available starting this week.
    Further improvements will be part of the planned major software update. If you experience some of the above mentioned issues and if you are interested in receiving this first software patch, please contact your Volkswagen partner. It should take about 2.5 hours to apply the patch.

Not in the system yet - hoping it to be added when the software is updated in Q1-2021

Thats a PITA. Unless you have a smart charge point it will suck expensive day rate electricity when you plug it in! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭eagerv

Thats a PITA. Unless you have a smart charge point it will suck expensive day rate electricity when you plug it in! :(

Yes agree, but hasn't been a problem so far for me. I am usually not home from work until after 12 Midnight, so plug in and set to 70 or 80%. Once or twice a week enough atm.

Haven't yet had a problem with two EVs.

Run the video in this page...
    https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/vw/id.3/41119

I like the way it gives a little smile as it takes the beating from the side impact tests!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I emailed the Dealer earlier about this software update but they haven't replied yet.

Another anomaly I discovered today, the left hand drive cars don't have a height adjustable passenger seat whereas Irish cars, and UK ones I would also assume, do. Can someone with a 1st base model confirm this too, because the 1st Plus does.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

rx8 wrote: »
    I emailed the Dealer earlier about this software update but they haven't replied yet.

Another anomaly I discovered today, the left hand drive cars don't have a height adjustable passenger seat whereas Irish cars, and UK ones I would also assume, do. Can someone with a 1st base model confirm this too, because the 1st Plus does.

Yes, the base have it as well. On a side note - can you open the boot from the remote (I know you have keyless entry). Mine doesn’t do it from the 1st click. Sometimes it take 5. WTF? Also one of my keys give up the ghost, I guess the battery is low.

Yes, the base have it as well. On a side note - can you open the boot from the remote (I know you have keyless entry). Mine doesn’t do it from the 1st click. Sometimes it take 5. WTF? Also one of my keys give up the ghost, I guess the battery is low.

Hold the boot handle up for 3 seconds when the key is in your pocket - it then unlocks

Hi Seva, I don't know why they bothered to put a button for the boot on the keyfob. When I walk up to the car all the doors and the boot unlock. I suppose if I wanted to unlock it from a distance to let someone else get access to the boot, but you would rarely do that anyway.
    Also, to open the keyfob you just release the manual key by pressing the button on the side, and then pull it halfway out and push up from the inside on the back of the fob. You probably knew this already though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

rx8 wrote: »
    Hi Seva, I don't know why they bothered to put a button for the boot on the keyfob. When I walk up to the car all the doors and the boot unlock. I suppose if I wanted to unlock it from a distance to let someone else get access to the boot, but you would rarely do that anyway.
    Also, to open the keyfob you just release the manual key by pressing the button on the side, and then pull it halfway out and push up from the inside on the back of the fob. You probably knew this already though! ;)

I don’t have keyless entry so need to press the buttons on key fob to unlock the car. I used to use the boot button when loading the shopping from a trolley. Then you just close the boot, the car is locked and off you go to return the trolley. It works on any other vw my family owned apart from ID.3! I presume it’s a bug, but it’s irritating.
    I was at home so grabbed the spare key, again bizarre. Never had to change a battery in the key fob on other cars, not even after 5.5 years but here the battery is dead after 1 month. Go figure:)

Does the dealer give you a We Charge card or do you need dto apply somewhere for one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does the dealer give you a We Charge card or do you need dto apply somewhere for one?

The dealer gives it to you with the welcome pack.

Johnfred wrote: »
    The dealer gives it to you with the welcome pack.

Woops I just ordered one in the app when I saw the option :(

Run the video in this page...
    https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/vw/id.3/41119

I like the way it gives a little smile as it takes the beating from the side impact tests!

Driving around the M50 this morning on ACC - I was alert & travelling at about 110 & the car in front locked their brakes for some unknown reason - before i even had a chance react the cars AEB kicked in. shook me a little as i thought i was into the back of them.. Never had this feature before but can confirm it works in my ID.3 - it even turned the ID.3 light red..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,462 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Driving around the M50 this morning on ACC - I was alert & travelling at about 110 & the car in front locked their brakes for some unknown reason - before i even had a chance react the cars AEB kicked in. shook me a little as i thought i was into the back of them.. Never had this feature before but can confirm it works in my ID.3 - it even turned the ID.3 light red..

Yikes, I hate when that happens. At least you know it works now :eek:

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I see we can start booking in for a mini software update, fix the auto hold problem and a few more.

It was posted on the first movers page..

Has anyone been told what to expect in the software update coming in Q1 2021? I know Android/Apple car is to be included but is there official document anywhere showing what is in the pipeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

I see we can start booking in for a mini software update, fix the auto hold problem and a few more.

It was posted on the first movers page..

I'm not on Facebook but are people posting their issues / requests for the upcoming update? Is there a single post for this (or presumably more likely are VW just monitoring feedback generally)?

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

I emailed my dealer and he just replied;

"I didn’t hear anything about this, but I did send it on to find out .

I'll keep you posted".

It's exactly what I expected tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm not on Facebook but are people posting their issues / requests for the upcoming update? Is there a single post for this (or presumably more likely are VW just monitoring feedback generally)?

It's not the major update, there listening which is good..

Screenshot-20201022-222939.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Irishjg

It's not the major update, there listening which is good..

Screenshot-20201022-222939.jpg

I thought VW could do OTA upgrades on the software. Do you have to take the car back to the dealer for this specific patch or all of them.

Advertisement