Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Irishjg wrote: »
    I thought VW could do OTA upgrades on the software. Do you have to take the car back to the dealer for this specific patch or all of them.

Has to go back for a few hours, no ota on the id until after the big update I'd guess....you don't have to get this one, auto hold is bugging me so happy to get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭jasonc5432

Has to go back for a few hours, no ota on the id until after the big update I'd guess....you don't have to get this one, auto hold is bugging me so happy to get it fixed.

What is happening with auto hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

jasonc5432 wrote: »
    What is happening with auto hold?

Mine turns itself off randomly, not sure if this is the same issue others are having as I'm not on Facebook.

Is there a list on the 1st movers club of issues that someone could copy and paste here for the people not on it?

There's no list but every issue you've probably had has been brought up.
    Yea my auto hold is the same as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Yes it’s the same for me as well. You can turn it back on quickly using the favourites section (swipe down from top on screen).

So I think I’ll wait til the bigger update in order to bring it in.

Another bug that’s been annoying me recently is that Bluetooth turns off randomly. A message comes up to switch it on but I can’t see to get it to work. Then when I use the car later in the day it’s fine again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Mr Q wrote: »
    Is there a list on the 1st movers club of issues that someone could copy and paste here for the people not on it?

It's be nice if VW would just make a bugzilla page available for people to post bugs and issues in. It's a lot easier to track issues via something like bugzilla than facebook

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

The auto hold has caught me out nearly has a bump because of it.
    I've had no Bluetooth issue, works fine connecting and streaming. I do constantly get a message to re-pair for increased message function.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It's be nice if VW would just make a bugzilla page available for people to post bugs and issues in. It's a lot easier to track issues via something like bugzilla than facebook

And air their dirty laundry in public?!

Once they get the "big update" done it might be possible but the state of the software as it is now is embarrasing enough I'd say without making it publicly available.

KCross wrote: »
    And air their dirty laundry in public?!

Once they get the "big update" done it might be possible but the state of the software as it is now is embarrasing enough I'd say without making it publicly available.

Oh I'd believe that's the reason

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

What about starting a new thread here just for bugs / suggestions people have?

It would maybe need a mod to keep on top of it though as you don't want to have to scroll through pages and pages to find stuff?

I have lots of suggestions (having come from an i3) about things that could be improved upon (imho)

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Advertisement

What about starting a new thread here just for bugs / suggestions people have?

It would maybe need a mod to keep on top of it though as you don't want to have to scroll through pages and pages to find stuff?

I have lots of suggestions (having come from an i3) about things that could be improved upon (imho)

What's the point, just join the Facebook group if your an owner. It's really where things should be highlighted as your dealing direct with VW.

The overtaking problem was happening on the Motorway again this morning, once you start overtaking the car tries to slow down if the acc is on, I can't figure it out. It's a pain as it makes acc unusable.

The overtaking problem was happening on the Motorway again this morning, once you start overtaking the car tries to slow down if the acc is on, I can't figure it out. It's a pain as it makes acc unusable.

There's a feature in the ACC to prevent you undertaking a car on the motorway. Maybe they forgot to adapt it for the RHD cars, so it thinks the right hand land is the slow lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

What's the point, just join the Facebook group if your an owner.

Everyone is not on Facebook though. I also think a thread like alfa_aficionado mentioned is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

There's a feature in the ACC to prevent you undertaking a car on the motorway. Maybe they forgot to adapt it for the RHD cars, so it thinks the right hand land is the slow lane?

Would turning off that speed sign option not work? Someone mentioned you could stop ACC Slowing down for the speed signs.

I wonder would OBDeleven work for these issues, not that you should have to use it (I don't know if the undertaking thing can currently be disabled, it's a right pain when someone is doing 5 under the limit in the middle lane!)

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Would turning off that speed sign option not work? Someone mentioned you could stop ACC Slowing down for the speed signs.

I wonder would OBDeleven work for these issues, not that you should have to use it (I don't know if the undertaking thing can currently be disabled, it's a right pain when someone is doing 5 under the limit in the middle lane!)

Here's the info from the manual:

If ACC detects a slower vehicle in the left-hand lane (left-hand traffic: in the right-hand lane), ACC will brake the vehicle gently within the system limits and can therefore prevent a prohibited overtaking manoeuvre. The function is active from speeds of around 80 km/h (around 50 mph), but is not available in all countries.

It doesn't look like there's a way to switch it off. It does say it's adapted for RHD traffic so I could be wrong.

DaveyDave wrote: »

It still happens if you turn off the speed signs, I've tried turning off everything except the acc and it still does it.
    Even if it's to stop you undertaking I don't want that either as there's plenty of times you end up undertaking on Irish roads as someone is just drifting along in the overtaking lane.

Has anyone used OBD on it yet? certainly some features need to be turned off, it tried pushing me into a parked car this morning to keep me in the middle of the road going around a turn, it had no idea there was a car there, getting a bit tired of fighting with the car, it's good to drive but these things are really wrecking the enjoyment.

It still happens if you turn off the speed signs, I've tried turning off everything except the acc and it still does it.
    Even if it's to stop you undertaking I don't want that either as there's plenty of times you end up undertaking on Irish roads as someone is just drifting along in the overtaking lane.

Has anyone used OBD on it yet? certainly some features need to be turned off, it tried pushing me into a parked car this morning to keep me in the middle of the road going around a turn, it had no idea there was a car there, getting a bit tired of fighting with the car, it's good to drive but these things are really wrecking the enjoyment.

Cant say I've experienced that. I wonder are there different versions of the software depending on when your car was made?

Can you post the version you have for reference?

Ultimately I'd say its something you will have to live with until Q1 as they did tell people it was not ready and thats what the first movers thing is about.. basically "compensation" for putting up with it until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

VW bank lodged the first 3 months payments to my bank account today.

A nice bonus that i had forgotten about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zf0wqv9oemuasj

That’s a nice bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Must say I haven't experienced these problems, but only have about 2K km driven. Get the odd steering correction on country roads, but usually a help rather than a hindrance, similar enough to other cars I drive. And not a problem IMO, as easy to override.

Most cars, though, have a button on the wheel or nearby to turn off these aids if required.
    VW should have something similar, or at the least a quick way on the screen.

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »

Most cars, though, have a button on the wheel or nearby to turn off these aids if required.
    VW should have something similar, or at the least a quick way on the screen.

discussed in this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMElcgSwxSU

a button which you have to press for a period of time is allowable. a button which you just press on or off is not allowed.

discussed in this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMElcgSwxSU

a button which you have to press for a period of time is allowable. a button which you just press on or off is not allowed.

Yes, like most other cars. On my Honda you could turn off the lane follow assist with a quick press on the wheel button, but to turn off the lane keep assist required a long button press. Simple.

drunkmonkey, have you tried turning off lane assist and the other items in the assist menu like "driver alert" etc?
    It turns back on each time you start the car so maybe you didnt go back in to turn it off again?

Skip to 7:07 in this vid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

VW bank lodged the first 3 months payments to my bank account today.

A nice bonus that i had forgotten about.

I got mine yesterday too...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rx8 wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday too...!!

Had you paid the three months?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I got nothing so far but I got the car later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Had you paid the three months?

Because I was of one of the first to get the car, they had to work out what way they were going to treat the first movers. The VW bank software wasn't happy with them getting no repayments for 3 months so they came up with the idea that they would set it up for 36 monthly payments and refund 3 installments before the first payment was due. I was sitting in the dealers at the time and the car was outside, ready to go and I wasn't for moving.

rx8 wrote: »
    Because I was of one of the first to get the car, they had to work out what way they were going to treat the first movers. The VW bank software wasn't happy with them getting no repayments for 3 months so they came up with the idea that they would set it up for 36 monthly payments and refund 3 installments before the first payment was due. I was sitting in the dealers at the time and the car was outside, ready to go and I wasn't for moving.

Cheers for that. My collection got postponed until next weekend so want to have an idea how the 3 months free worked for others when I go down to get mine.

Edit: does the car come with a granny lead to charge with as well as the standard charger?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Cheers for that. My collection got postponed until next weekend so want to have an idea how the 3 months free worked for others when I go down to get mine.

Edit: does the car come with a granny lead to charge with as well as the standard charger?

Yes it comes with a Granny charger and a 16A 3phase charging cable

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    Yes it comes with a Granny charger

Thanks Eagerv. Might be handy to have if I end up somewhere that doesn't have a destination charger as a last resort.

All sorted at home with my home charger so just need the car now :)

Advertisement