Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Thanks Eagerv. Might be handy to have if I end up somewhere that doesn't have a destination charger as a last resort.

All sorted at home with my home charger so just need the car now :)

Just edited my above post to include a 16A 3phase cable as well.

It will be worth the wait:).
    What colour? So I can keep a look out...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

eagerv wrote: »
    Just edited my above post to include a 16A 3phase cable as well.

It will be worth the wait:).
    What colour? So I can keep a look out...

The moonstone grey. It's the colour I liked the best and it was a bonus it was the free one.

I'll be flying around Wexford next weekend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

The moonstone grey. It's the colour I liked the best and it was a bonus it was the free one.

Half of wexford must have one at this stage...

rx8 wrote: »
    Half of wexford must have one at this stage...

I've seen 5 different reg'd ones on the roads in Wexford between Gorey, Enniscothy and Wexford town. Then when I was down in VW last Sunday having a look there was two white ones ready to go.

VW are going to sell shed loads of these next year.

VW are going to sell shed loads of these next year.

Oh definitely,...I've said that already in this thread. The smaller battery one at ~30K will sell like hot cakes when it's available.

• Advertisement

Oh definitely,...I've said that already in this thread. The smaller battery one at ~30K will sell like hot cakes when it's available.

Smaller battery will be around €28k won't it? Shame they stuck steel wheels on the two cheaper models though.

I feel a road trip and a meet up will be on the cards just so we can all plug in to your charger ;) after the lockdown.
    Looking at you Rusky:)

I feel a road trip and a meet up will be on the cards just so we can all plug in to your charger ;) after the lockdown.

Look at us sounding like a crowd of Tesla fans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Yes it comes with a Granny charger and a 16A 3phase charging cable

I got a 20A cable with mine. Not used it yet but a 32A would have been good for single phase charging

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Absolutely!

• Advertisement

Noticed that the clock didn't change to GMT even though auto clock option was ticked.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Car wouldn’t open this morning,so I had to use the key. Then place the key in the cup holder to start the car. Worked fine after that.

Just a small thing, but would recommend you get the number plates with out the advertising bar under. (Especially the front one).

It fits the bracket better, looks neater and doesn't block out the design feature that runs across front of car. (See first pic in my post #4747)https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114689509&postcount=4747

Just a small thing, but would recommend you get the number plates with out the advertising bar under. (Especially the front one).

It fits the bracket better, looks neater and doesn't block out the design feature that runs across front of car. (See first pic in my post #4747)https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114689509&postcount=4747

Do you just ask the dealer for that?

Do you just ask the dealer for that?

Yes, they are well used to people requesting this. (So they told me).
    I also told them no stickers on back window etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Noticed that the clock didn't change to GMT even though auto clock option was ticked.

Neither did mine - easy to change?

Yes very easy, go to Settings then Clock then un-tick Summer time (From memory)..

I had to go in to the settings and uncheck the DST switch.

I had to go in to the settings and uncheck the DST switch.

Mine the same, too lazy to go out and check the exact wording..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Maerlokw

I have an ID.3 Base, wondering how could I get this retrofitted https://www.carsystems.eu/vw-id-3-rear-emblem-high-line-camera-kit-retrofit,id3924.html

Doesn't seem to be instructions for a DIY, would the dealer do it? Or would a garage be able to fit it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Maerlokw wrote: »
    I have an ID.3 Base, wondering how could I get this retrofitted https://www.carsystems.eu/vw-id-3-rear-emblem-high-line-camera-kit-retrofit,id3924.html

Doesn't seem to be instructions for a DIY, would the dealer do it? Or would a garage be able to fit it?

I'd imagine it would need to be coded in. Probably best to ask a dealer.

Edit: it actually says it needs to be coded with VCDS. Maybe a dealer won't be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Maerlokw wrote: »

Rearview camera on the ID.3 Gives me headaches TBH as its sensory overload - primarily using the mirrors & judgement now..

Booked my car in on Thurs for the latest software patch, it's supposed to fix the remote key problem (Which I have had twice) and a few other minor software problems. (Which I haven't had.)

Will report back after done...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Has anyone got their Elli charger installed yet? I ordered mine on 1st Sept. and still haven't got it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Think mine took about 2mts to arrive, done most of the install myself, sparky just wired it up and walk mounted it (I didn't have a drill bit big enough) charged me €150.
    I think you call call Dublin or wolfsburg to see where it is, I was chatting to both trying to locate mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seant5215

Booked my car in on Thurs for the latest software patch, it's supposed to fix the remote key problem (Which I have had twice) and a few other minor software problems. (Which I haven't had.)

Will report back after done...

Hi Eagerv,
    Thanks for the info.
    Do you have a list of bug fixes included in this interim update?
    And specifically, regarding the remote key problem.
    I have an issue on my base version where the key intermittently becomes unsynchronised from the car (I can't unlock/lock car using the key fob until I re-sync the key with the car). The battery on my key is not going dead.
    Is this the same issue that you've seen on yours?

Thanks a lot.

seant5215 wrote: »
    Hi Eagerv,
    Thanks for the info.
    Do you have a list of bug fixes included in this interim update?
    And specifically, regarding the remote key problem.
    I have an issue on my base version where the key intermittently becomes unsynchronised from the car (I can't unlock/lock car using the key fob until I re-sync the key with the car). The battery on my key is not going dead.
    Is this the same issue that you've seen on yours?

Thanks a lot.

No don't have list, I remember some Youtuber, perhaps Battery Life mentioning something. I do remember him saying there was a waiting time of a few weeks to have the update in Germany. Garage not sure, but will update when I find out more after job done.

I have had the key fob problem a few times now, first time I thought was the battery in fob, but now believe it was the sync problem. I just open door with physical key and place fob in cup holder. Fob then works normally again...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seant5215

No don't have list, I remember some Youtuber, perhaps Battery Life mentioning something. I do remember him saying there was a waiting time of a few weeks to have the update in Germany. Garage not sure, but will update when I find out more after job done.

I have had the key fob problem a few times now, first time I thought was the battery in fob, but now believe it was the sync problem. I just open door with physical key and place fob in cup holder. Fob then works normally again...

Excellent, thanks a million.
    My issue and it's resolution are the exact same as yours, it's happened 3-4 times over a 2 week period so far.

Will be interesting to.see if your Thurs software update will resolve this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Johnfred wrote: »
    Has anyone got their Elli charger installed yet? I ordered mine on 1st Sept. and still haven't got it!!

Mine arrived last week but I’m still waiting for them to install it. They gave me a date for the middle of November which I told them was ridiculous as I paid for it in mid September. They moved me up a week but I’ll still be waiting until November it seems. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Johnfred wrote: »

Mine is due to be installed tomorrow. Bord Gais are installing it.

Advertisement